Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Real Madrid just beat OKC

Real Madrid is NBA level team, maybe not OKC level, but definetly NBA level team.Not very surprising that despite playing by NBA rules managed to win due to hot shooting night and OKC not showing the best game and limiting Westbrook's playtime.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Brave yourself for DJ Strawberry coming out and saying Real Madrid is the best in the world baby...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Real Madrid is NBA level team, maybe not OKC level, but definetly NBA level team.Not very surprising that despite playing by NBA rules managed to win due to hot shooting night and OKC not showing the best game and limiting Westbrook's playtime.
    this years real madrid is at the best top 8 euro team..

Cancelling my League Pass preorder right now

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Cancelling my League Pass preorder right now
    wait till Wednesday they facing barca

Quote Originally Posted by zeerghit
    did u watch all game?
    I didnt but I regularly watch international basketball because of my cable package

Well Westbrook only played the first quarter and 10 mins of the third quarter. OKC was blowing them out when he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Well Westbrook only played the first quarter and 10 mins of the third quarter. OKC was blowing them out when he was in.
    but but but the NBA is 1000x better than Europe so shouldn't they have won by 50 with the rest of their squad?

It's OK Russ, Kobe lost as well.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

wait till Wednesday they facing barca
    Well Barca might be even worse than Real this season. They couldn't even score 60pts in their last game.

It's sad to see how bad both Real and Barcelona had become compared to 5 or 6 years ago.

Barca didn't find a replacement for Navarro (well it's a big question if there ever will be Spanish player as good as Navarro and if so if he would choose Europe over NBA too) and Tomic, who was best C in EL, for some reason (I heard his kid is very sick but don't know if that's true or has an impact on his game) started playing like shit all of a sudden.

And it's not just them, a lot of othere powerhouse teams are weaker than before. For example PAO isn't the same team ever since Diamantidis got old and Obradovic left, OLY is headed in same direction with Spanoulis getting closer to retirement.

what... u watched the game? okc didint care, and im euro guy, i watch euroleague since 1999 and i can say it easy nba >>> Euroleague, where is only several teams who can make plf in nba, and this year real madrid is not one of them..
    Well your idea of ">>>" is not the same as many others when you say several euro teams can make the playoffs in the NBA. I think maybe 1-2 teams could make the playoffs in the NBA and even then I would say that means the leagues are pretty close or about as close as the 2nd best league gets to the best league in almost any other sport. ">>>" to me sort of implies that the best in euro would lose to the worst in the NBA.

Default Re: ....Get ready......

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Euroleague will never let NBA fans live this one down

Real Madrid just EXPOSED the Thunder and the NBA. [COLOR="White"]/Euroleague[/COLOR]

Euroleague > NBA confirmed.
    What? EuroLeague teams beat NBA teams all the time. In fact, if the games are just reffed 60/40 in favor of the NBA teams (like this one), the EuroLeague teams usually win.

It's the games that are reffed 80/20 in favor of NBA teams (most of them), that the NBA teams win.

Anyway, nothing to brag about in this game. EuroLeague's good teams should be able to beat teams like OKC, when both teams are playing all their players, and no one is giving star players big minutes - because good EuroLeague teams are deeper and more versatile than NBA teams.

Anyway, probably about a 1 out of 100 chance that Barca beats OKC in the next game.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 08:44 PM.

And the reason for that probably 1 out of 100 chance for Barca to beat Real Madrid is,

They are ravaged with injuries. Just one of their guards is available. None of their point guards are available, and almost half their team is out with injuries. They even called up players from their farm team, to fill in the roster.

No way in hell can you beat the Thunder without any guards, and especially with no point guards on your roster.

It's kind of unfortunate, because I am pretty sure a healthy Barca would have beaten this Thunder team. And 2-0 against the NBA this time would have been nice. Damn injuries though with Barca, I would be shocked if they won.

And before NBA only fans here start trolling and lying, and saying this is not true - the following Barca rotation players are all out with injuries:

PG Tyrese Rice
    PG Pau Ribas
    SG Juan Carlos Navvaro
    SG Petteri Koponen
    C Shane Lawal

They are down to their 3rd string shooting guard being used as their starting point guard, and a 17 year old kid that they called up from their farm team, as their backup point guard.

Now if the Thunder lost that game..............now THAT would be something to talk about.

The Thunder losing to Real Madrid is a story to no one, except delusional NBA only fans, that really live in a fairy tale world, as far as how nuts they are with overrating the NBA, and underrating the EuroLeague.

There is no news here, unless the Thunder lose to a decimated by injuries Barca team in the next game.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-03-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    but but but the NBA is 1000x better than Europe so shouldn't they have won by 50 with the rest of their squad?
    OKC is probably a 15 win team without Westbrook. I would expect the greatest team in Euroleague history to beat a 15 win OKC squad.

I'd say this performance puts Euroleague over CBA, by just a hair. Still well below NCAA though.