Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Top 25 All Time (Fox Sports)

25 Charles Barkley
    Chuck was a logical paradox -- a "6-foot-6" power forward with a taste for McDonald's who actually stood just 6-foot-4 yet somehow gobbled up boards to the point that he earned the nickname "The Round Mound of Rebound."

24 Elgin Baylor
    This list will tend to skew toward the modern era, because the level of competition you played against matters as well. But Baylor was so outstanding with the Lakers that it's impossible to hold his era against him.

23 Reggie Miller
    One of the greatest shooters and scorers ever -- and a guy who's overrated thanks to a couple of high-profile playoff moments against the Knicks.

22 Kevin Durant
    If Durant wins a ring (or, more likely, multiple rings), will people forgive him for helping to form one of the NBA's most egregious superteam? Yeah, probably. People love championships.

21 Dirk Nowitzki
    If for no other reason than leading the Mavs to their title over LeBron's Heat, Dirk has to be in the top 25. His reign as the best-shooting big man of all-time solidifies his standing.

20 John Stockton
    "Longevity without dominance or rings": the John Stockton story.

19 Karl Malone
    The John Stockton story is also the Karl Malone story, conveniently enough. Bonus points to the Mailman for being one of the few NBA players to fix his free-throw shooting over his career.

18 Kevin Garnett
    Perhaps the first surprising name on this list, KG checks off dominance (particularly on defense, where he might somehow be underrated these days) and championships.

17 Dwyane Wade
    Old Wade is a player trying to f!ght against age and the rising tide of 3-point shooting in the league. Young Wade was one of the greatest scorers ever.

16 Scottie Pippen
    A man who sacrificed glory for the sake of the team. No one outside of LeBron James can touch Pippen's versatility, and his defense was second-to-none.

15 Julius Erving
    Dr. J made his reputation as a scorer and high-flyer, which is kind of a shame. He was a fantastic playmaker and all-around player as well. When you're that good around the rim, though, that's what people remember.

14 Jerry West
    He's the Logo, after all.

13 David Robinson
    Maybe the most underrated player in NBA history.

12 Kobe Bryant
    Nothing I can say here will change your mind about where Kobe stands as an all-timer. Let's just move on.

11 Oscar Robertson
    If Robinson is the most underrated player in basketball, Robertson is the most overlooked. You can point to the different pace of the game and all the context you want; the fact of the matter is the man averaged a triple-double in a season, which is absolutely ridiculous.

10 Hakeem Olajuwon
    Olajuwon had kind of an odd career, peaking as an all-around player in his 30s. Prime Olajuwon was a force to be reckoned with on both ends of the floor. If he played today, he'd give LeBron a run for his money as the best player in the game.

9 Larry Bird
    Inside the top 10, we're really splitting hairs. Bird is a bit lower in my book than he might be in others because of the injuries -- and because he didn't revolutionize the game the way Steph Curry is these days. Yes, I penalize Bird for not taking more 3s. Deal with it.

8 Wilt Chamberlain
    As I briefly mentioned in ranking Elgin Baylor, your competition matters when we're talking about dominance. Wilt was undoubtedly one of the three most dominant players ever, but he played in a weaker era -- and he couldn't overcome his nemesis.

7 Bill Russell
    I used to have Russell in my top three. I've recently had a bit of a "Come to Jesus" moment about the game in its early days, however, and I can no longer in good conscience have Russell ahead of the modern stars in the top six here. If you want to claim he's a top-three player, though, I'm down with that.

6 Magic Johnson
    Had Magic not retired early, he'd be the second-best player ever.

5 Tim Duncan
    Duncan defined one of basketball's most successful franchises for almost 20 years. From the moment he stepped into the NBA, he was one of its best players. And while most people won't a.ssociate Timmy with dominance, that's only because we're looking at the wrong end of the floor. He was the driving force behind some of the greatest defenses in history. In a game that's often decided by the sum of your errors, Duncan rarely made mistakes.

4 Shaquille O'Neal
    I understand the arguments against Shaq being even a top-10 player. He took entire seasons off. He was rarely in shape after he won his first championships. And he poisoned locker rooms.

With the caveat that I never watched Wilt Chamberlain, however, Shaq was the single most dominant player I've seen. His ability to pulverize the opposition makes him one of the very, very best in my book.

3 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    The all-time leading scorer is famous for his longevity and all the records that came with a storied career. I'm just afraid we ignore Cap's dominance because of his 20 seasons in the league. He was the definition of unstoppable.

2 LeBron James
    Leading the Cavs back from a 3-1 deficit cemented LeBron's status as the second-best player in NBA history. No one has ever come close to combining his dominance, versatility, and intelligence into one package. It seems absurd to say right now, but LeBron might end up making 10 straight Finals appearances. Hate on him if you want, but only one player can claim to be greater.

1 Michael Jordan
    The GOAT.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery...history-100716

Default Re: Top 25 All Time (Fox Sports)

Reggie Miller

And no Moses

Kobe is being the consensus no.12th player of all time. Damn.

12be

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    12be
    I thought Fox Sports would rank Kobe higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I thought Fox Sports would rank Kobe higher.
    Looks like you were right about LeBron > KAJ

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    Looks like you were right about LeBron > KAJ

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Reggie Miller at 23...holy ****ing shit...I don't even need to read anything else...this list pretty much ended at that ****ing absurd notion...

If this was a top 100 list and I saw Reggie anywhere above 80 (going down) I'd laugh my ass off...that some stupid **** thinks he's the 23rd greatest basketball player ever basically? Jesus ****ing christ...wow.

I don't put too much stock into these lists but Kobe's 12th for the 3rd time
    Aside from saying Lebron>Kareem and using longevity that harshly against Magic, the top 10 isn't that bad looking.
    It seems their ranking them as players, not necessarily by accolades, in which Lebron does have a strong argument for 2nd.

12be lives on

No Isiah Thomas??? Chris Paul??? Frazier??? Hondo??? Moses ?? lol

@ Miller and Pippen on this list. Kidd have a better case than Pippen and Miller IMO.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    No Isiah Thomas??? Chris Paul??? Frazier??? Hondo??? Moses ?? lol

@ Miller and Pippen on this list. Kidd have a better case than Pippen and Miller IMO.
    really? how??

Lebron against the Spurs in the playoffs 5 wins in 16 tries

Kobe against the Spurs in the playoffs 17 wins in 30 tries

Lets face it they are both the only elite competition in this weak era aside from the Big 3 Celtics and the Warriors

Lebron against the Warriors 6 wins in 13 tries

Kobe against the Celtics 6 wins in 13 tries

Lebron also stole 2 of Kobes MVPS (09 and 10)

Derrick Rose and Steph Curry stole 3 of Lebrons MVPS

Lebron should have right now 3 Rings 3 FMVP and 5 MVPs

Kobe should have had 5 Rings 2 FMVP and 3 MVPs

That is why I have Kobe in my top 5

Actually everyone in my top 5 has 5 rings. If Lebron Really is top 5 all time he should have 5 rings like Jordan Kareem Magic and Bill Russell who MANY people have in their top 5

If Lebron wants to sit at the big boy table he should get to 5 rings like everyone else

Shit even Shaq has 4. Whats the damn argument over Shaq? Does Lebron even have an argument against Shaq for being higher in the all time lists?

I mean he doesnt even have a winning record against Tim Duncan who you have as a top 5 GOAT.
    Last edited by FreezingTsmoove; 10-08-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Like others, stopped reading at Reggie #23 All Time

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Lebron against the Spurs in the playoffs 5 wins in 16 tries

Kobe against the Spurs in the playoffs 17 wins in 30 tries

Lets face it they are both the only elite competition in this weak era aside from the Big 3 Celtics and the Warriors

Lebron against the Warriors 6 wins in 13 tries

Kobe against the Celtics 6 wins in 13 tries

Lebron also stole 2 of Kobes MVPS (09 and 10)

Derrick Rose and Steph Curry stole 3 of Lebrons MVPS

Lebron should have right now 3 Rings 3 FMVP and 5 MVPs

Kobe should have had 5 Rings 2 FMVP and 3 MVPs

That is why I have Kobe in my top 5

Actually everyone in my top 5 has 5 rings. If Lebron Really is top 5 all time he should have 5 rings like Jordan Kareem Magic and Bill Russell who MANY people have in their top 5

If Lebron wants to sit at the big boy table he should get to 5 rings like everyone else

Shit even Shaq has 4. Whats the damn argument over Shaq? Does Lebron even have an argument against Shaq for being higher in the all time lists?

I mean he doesnt even have a winning record against Tim Duncan who you have as a top 5 GOAT.
    really shit post.