Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Is Elton Brand a top 7 player?

Top 27 mos def, top 7 get out of here...
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #17
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Duncan
Garnett
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
T-Mac
Nash
(Carmelo/Brand/Kidd)

Hm. Somewhere from 8-12 I'd put him.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

How quickly people forget he was an MVP candidate...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #19
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
How quickly people forget he was an MVP candidate...

Yes that's before we had Wade, Anthony, LeBron, Boozer, Amare became stars in this league. Now he's around the 8-15 range when healthy.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:16 PM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Bosh
Garnett
Dirk
Duncan
Boozer
Dwight
David West
Jefferson
are all ahead of him
hahhahaha oh my ****ing god.

in case I am being ambiguous:

no they're not.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #21
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles
Yes that's before we had Wade, Anthony, LeBron, Boozer, Amare became stars in this league. Now he's around the 8-15 range when healthy.
Huh? It was just two years ago, Lebron had his best statistical season to date, Wade carried his team to a championship. Sure Boozer got surprisingly better, but remember Shaq was still considered top 5 at the time as well.

Not dramatic enough to suddenly move from top 5 to top 25.

I mean come on, I love Jefferson, but he's not Elton Brand.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 PM   #22
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Brand is possibly the 6th best PF in the league when hes playing great,but hes always consistently 20/9 and thats maybe 8th

Bosh
Garnett
Dirk
Duncan
Boozer
Dwight
David West
Jefferson
are all ahead of him and thats just off the top of my head

lol yea right. Brand is better than west, jefferson, bosh, even boozer. Boozer cant play D like brand and brand offensively can put up similar numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Duncan
Garnett
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
T-Mac
Nash
(Carmelo/Brand/Kidd)

Hm. Somewhere from 8-12 I'd put him.

I agree with this
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #23
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Yeah but those players are more recognized these days, plus Peja was an MVP candidate in a similar stature...he is no where near top 7 player then or now.

You're trying to suggest he's top 7 player because he was an MVP candidate at some point? Doesn't really hold much water because he isn't...when my team plays the Clippers I really don't even think about Elton Brand like he's someone I should fear...he will do his job similar to Shareef Abdul Rahim over the years...he'll consistantly give his team 20/10 but he isn't a game breaker to me, he is no superstar...Bryant, LeBron, Duncan, Garnett, Nash, Wade, Nowitzki...I can't put him over any of those players...then you have Ming, McGrady, Kidd, Anthony, Iverson...Brand is with the Carlos Boozer, Jermain O'Neal & Pau Gasol of the NBA, to me.

Quote:
Not dramatic enough to suddenly move from top 5 to top 25.

He was never a top 5 player in this league...Bryant, Shaquille, Duncan, Garnett, Iverson were always better then him...I'm not even going into detail, even during his potential MVP year he wasn't one of the seven best players in the league.

Last edited by Los Angeles : 11-12-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:41 AM   #24
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

The guy is injured and you want to make this claim now? Amazing.

Quote:
Brand is possibly the 6th best PF in the league when hes playing great,but hes always consistently 20/9 and thats maybe 8th

Bosh
Garnett
Dirk
Duncan
Boozer
Dwight
David West
Jefferson

Only one of those that are better then an healthy Brand are Garnett, Dirk and Duncan. Rest of them, no way. Howard, not yet, Bosh is the same. Jefferson can be said the same. Boozer has a slightly better offensive game, but Brand owns him on the defensive end. West is a good scorer, but that's mainly what he does above average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Shareef abdul Rahim put up numbers like this for ages, and he was hardly even a top 30 player during that time id say, stats are deceiving...

With Elton, when he is healthy, the clips are always a chance to win....

SAR only had one season of 20/10, rest were 20/8, 20/9 or 19/8 and he shot 48% under. Along with that, he got only 1.1 block at most and one in one other season and two seasons of more then 3 turnovers. While on the flipside, Brand's worst year was 20/9.5 and has never has averaged 3+ turnovers nor shoot under 50% besides his rookie years. It's a pretty big difference between what these two did because Elton for his CAREER averages 20/10/3 + 2 blocks on over 50% field goal.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #25
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

So is it because he's on teams that just cant win? Is it his fault that FO people are bad? Winning isnt based solely on one player its a team game. KG is considered better than Brand yet he was on a few bad teams. His talent isnt in question or his ability to play. He never was able to get his team anywhere by himself (1 western conference finals)yet he gets a pass. Let me reiterate I am not comparing the two as talents or abilities but based on team success. I know KG had more talent on some of those playoff teams than Brand did and they couldnt get far but 1 time.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:47 AM   #26
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Bosh
Garnett
Dirk
Duncan
Boozer
Dwight
David West
Jefferson

Wow.... Did you get an extra chromosome for your last birthday or what?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #27
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Smile Re: Is Elton Brand a top 7 player?

The man is in the top 10 of NBA players and among the top 3 PFs in
the game. He is a clean version of Karl Malone. Ask league GMs,
and they would agree he is worth his max contract.

EB is a man and a team player and low key unlike Ms Bryant and some
of the other over-hyped crybaby stars of the NBA.

I am want the Cs to win this year's O Brien trophy because KG, Ray Allen,
and Pierce are like Brand in that they are team players who make
the sacrifices on both ends to help the team win. And one day, the
Clips will be there with a healthy EB leading them to a banner for
the Clipper Red, White, and Blue Nation.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #28
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

no.

no explanation needed
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: