Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Beal vs. Waiters

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Like I said, improved shot selection. One of the fears coming out was that he was a "shot jacker" who can put up points, but on very low efficiency.

He certainly hasn't looked that way the last couple months.

not at all. What impresses me is at the beginning of the season he had some big scoring nights that came with him hitting a lot of outside jumpers and threes. Now his big scoring nights consist of him relentlessly attacking the basket.

Imagine once he starts getting whistles...

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

He's definitely been cold from behind the arc, but that almost makes his overall improved efficiency more impressive... At least to me, because there was a time early in the season when I feared he might be one of those guys whose entire offensive game depended upon whether or not his jumper was falling. That was when he was really struggling with his finishing at the basket. He would get there, but hadn't adjusted to the tall, athletic bigs of the NBA.

His shot selection has also improved quite a bit.

So, yes, he isn't hitting 3s in February, but he is shooting 51% from the field.

I'll take it.
    Your first paragraph is exactly who Beal has been all season. As has went his 3P FG% has went his overall FG%. If he sucked shooting from 3 then he sucked overall.

That's what you call an overall non-impact player.

Which is why I find Wizards Fan projecting all this swagger to be pretty funny. Beal is on a tremendous hot streak from 3 and he still isn't shooting 50% from the field during that streak.

What's that tell you, Einstein???????????

Banned

Two totally different players who are finally starting to emerge. I'm very happy for Waiters, and wouldn't trade him for Beal. I'm sure Washington fans feel the same way about Beal. Also, whats a cavs fan purpose in starting this thread? It's not like we had a chance at Beal anyway

Us Wizard and cavs fans can all agree on one thing. Lechoke is a huge B1tch.

I would hols off saying Beal has emerged. The guy is shooting .500 from 3 for the last 45 days or so. And those 3s account for 25% of his overall shot attempt.

Now factor he shooting about 44% on his 2p FGs during this 45 day period, I think its a good idea to wait till his 3p shooting comes back down to earth before speculating anything about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Your first paragraph is exactly who Beal has been all season. As has went his 3P FG% has went his overall FG%. If he sucked shooting from 3 then he sucked overall.

Which is why I find Wizards Fan projecting all this swagger to be pretty funny. Beal is on a tremendous hot streak from 3 and he still isn't shooting 50% from the field during that streak.

I guess you missed the part where he played with an injured shooting wrist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-wrist-injury/

In those 6 games he shot 37.5% from the field. He also shot 1-5 in his first game back after sitting out 5 games.

I know you won't let the facts get in the way of your trolling though.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I guess you missed the part where he played with an injured shooting wrist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-wrist-injury/

In those 6 games he shot 37.5% from the field. He also shot 1-5 in his first game back after sitting out 5 games.

I know you won't let the facts get in the way of your trolling though.
    Dion missed 8 games with a sprained ankle... so what?

Take your weak excuses to a Wizards message board. N*gga, I don't play that...

when you miss games they don't impact the stats you brought up

when you play hurt...it does!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Your logic is stupefyingly bad. Because a guy who was projected to be an elite shooter and drew Ray Allen comps before the draft is shooting at a sustained elite level, that makes him an "overall non impact player?" Beyond the fact that Beal scores anywhere on the floor, he's a tremendous rebounder for his position, he plays very solid defense and he is a very efficient offensive player. He's damn sure impacted the hell out of the Wizards this calendar year.

"He's been playing great basketball over the last two weeks," Webster said. "The kid is balling. He has a great rhythm, let's hope he keeps riding it."

Okafor said Beal has made a vital contribution to Washington's offense during its recent surge.

"He's been that spark," Okafor said. "When things are a little bit slow or there's a lull, he gets it picked up."

Those are the type of quotes you typically hear about "non impact player(s)"

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/gameca...&date=20130225

Nobody's stats get hurt by the games they don't play, idiot. It is the games they play hurt that affect their stats.

And an ankle isn't going to affect someone's shot as much as an injury to their shooting wrist.

You are even dumber than i thought and that is really saying something.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Waiters with another impressive performance.

25 points on 10-16 shooting in a win over the Bulls in Chicago, without Kyrie in the lineup.

He is looking good.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Waiters with another impressive performance.

25 points on 10-16 shooting in a win over the Bulls in Chicago, without Kyrie in the lineup.

He is looking good.
    played great tonight, but I am confused how he had the ball so much in his hands tonight and did not record 1 assist.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    played great tonight, but I am confused how he had the ball so much in his hands tonight and did not record 1 assist.
    I haven't seen much of the game... Just snippets here and there when I could get away from my work... But it looked like Shaun Livingston was running point most of the night.

Regardless, when you score like that, I couldn't care less about his assist numbers. He's a SG, after all.

The Holy Trinity

^ RBA, never responded to your post earlier in the thread. I wouldn't have expected Waiters to stop an NBA superstar, but there were several plays in that fourth quarter where he got so lost on D that he didn't seem to know who he was guarding (that's why the Syracuse/zone speculation was intriguing).

Great game tonight, though. Kid looks like a player.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    ^ RBA, never responded to your post earlier in the thread. I wouldn't have expected Waiters to stop an NBA superstar, but there were several plays in that fourth quarter where he got so lost on D that he didn't seem to know who he was guarding (that's why the Syracuse/zone speculation was intriguing).

Great game tonight, though. Kid looks like a player.
    I can see why someone who doesn't see him a lot and had watched that Heat game from start to finish might think he is a major liability defensively. But, that was definitely the worst night he's had in the NBA defensively and certainly his toughest assignment.

He does tend to fall asleep at times. The same thing happened against the Spurs just before All-Star break when the Cavs would have probably won if he hadn't fallen asleep and allowed Leonard a wide-open 3-pointer with a couple ticks left to give the Spurs a 1-point lead.

But, these are things a rookie will go through.

For those of us who have watched him every night, he really is not a bad defender considering he is a rookie with little experience. In fact, I think it can eventually be a strength for him. He shows promise when his head is in the game.

I think against the Heat, he was so used and abused by Wade all night, it got to the point where he had lost total confidence and became disengaged as a result. Plus, he is being asked to chase around Dwyane freaking Wade with little help because of James. That was a disaster waiting to happen before the ball was even tipped.

On his average, everyday assignments, he looks much better. Trust me on that.

Dion became the first rookie this year to score 25+ points in back-to-back games last night. He's now averaging 19 points on 58% shooting in his last five.

Not too shabby. He may compete for that EC Rookie of the Month Award after all.

In February:

Dion Waiters
    11 games
    27.5 minutes
    15.1 points on 52.3% shooting
    3 assists
    3 rebounds
    1.1 steals
    Team Record: 6-5

Brad Beal
    7 games
    33.6 minutes
    17.7 points on 47.8% shooting
    2 assists
    5 rebounds
    1.0 steals
    Team Record: 5-2

Two fine looking rooks.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 02-27-2013 at 04:30 PM.