Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: wow Steven a SMITH really hates lin

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    I can think of about 15 cases where a non Asian player was being dogged by a tv or radio guy.(for whatever reason)

I got over it..so you get over this.

(notorious racist?) funny..............................
    what's your issue? you literally have no point. OP didn't say Lin was the only person ever dogged on.

carmelo sucks

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    what's your issue? you literally have no point. OP didn't say Lin was the only person ever dogged on.
    if you notice....that part you quoted wasn't a response to the OP, nor was my other post in this thread.

you and the other guy..droid are VERY thinly making it a race issue...you're implying it..droid flat out said it

Stephen a Smith doesn't pull punches when he doesn't like a player...regardless of the sport..regardless of the race....

people thinking that essentially a rookie player is going to get the knicks over the hump versus all star vets....is garbage and smith is calling that sentiment out too

if you notice....that part you quoted wasn't a response to the OP, nor was my other post in this thread.

you and the other guy..droid are VERY thinly making it a race issue...you're implying it..droid flat out said it

Stephen a Smith doesn't pull punches when he doesn't like a player...regardless of the sport..regardless of the race....

people thinking that essentially a rookie player is going to get the knicks over the hump versus all star vets....is garbage and smith is calling that sentiment out too
    dipshit, go back to page 1. YOU brought up he's asian. No one did before you did. where did i imply it? SAS hates Jeremy Lin. I don't know why. But he clearly does. YOu want to change the topic to imply somehow it's ok, but it's not, ragging on a player for hours because you've decided you have a vendetta against him is nto reporting.

then explain what happened before and after lin...

I think its best to be careful about calling someone a racist, unless the person openly declares their bias against a certain race or ethnic group.

I would call Smith unabashedly pro-black, but that doesn't necessarily make him biased against other specific groups.

As far as the Lin bashing, I think that Smith is too close to Carmelo, and the bashing is actually Carmelo saying that he was outraged about the way people were putting him beneath a new-jack.

Lin should go up to Toronto and be the face of the franchise there.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    There's a difference when most analysts think Lin is a good player, and one (a notorious racist) hates him.
    Yup.

Not only that, but the Knicks obviously have bigger problems. Blame it all on the guy earning 500k, who has barely played a 1000 minutes in the NBA so far? Right? That's sensible.

It's certainly not the responsibility of other players. Definitely not on the "superstar" scorer who is making 16 million dollars to hog the ball and score more inefficiently than Piston's era Allen Iverson. A forward not even shooting 40%, are you kidding me with that shot? That is pathetic.
    Or the other "superstar" who is making 17 million dollars to be averaging career lows across the board. Who hasn't even broken a sweat since the lockout.

Let us lay the blame on the Asian kid who was brought in as a third stringer and performs way, way better than expected. =logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I think its best to be careful about calling someone a racist, unless the person openly declares their bias against a certain race or ethnic group.

I would call Smith unabashedly pro-black, but that doesn't necessarily make him biased against other specific groups.

As far as the Lin bashing, I think that Smith is too close to Carmelo, and the bashing is actually Carmelo saying that he was outraged about the way people were putting him beneath a new-jack.
    The Lin bashing is that, as is a lot of SAS view, he's too close to a lot of the big stars, so he needs to paint things as favorable towards them. He does it often. He was so pissed at Howard ruining his little Howard/Deron fantasty in Brooklyn. He's in love with big stars and the name value.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

Dude bashes Kwame Brown like no other and no one calls him racist or an Uncle Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yup.

Not only that, but the Knicks obviously have bigger problems. Blame it all on the guy earning 500k, who has barely played a 1000 minutes in the NBA so far? Right? That's sensible.

It's certainly not the responsibility of other players. Definitely not on the "superstar" scorer who is making 16 million dollars to hog the ball and score more inefficiently than Piston's era Allen Iverson. A forward not even shooting 40%, are you kidding me with that shot? That is pathetic.
    Or the other "superstar" who is making 17 million dollars to be averaging career lows across the board. Who hasn't even broken a sweat since the lockout.

Let us lay the blame on the Asian kid who was brought in as a third stringer and performs way, way better than expected. =logic.
    People arguing SAS is ok here clearly haven't heard him talk about Lin that much. You could hate Lin, hate the Knicks more than anyone in the world, and the amount SAS talks about it would still bore the crap out of any human being.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Lin bashing is that, as is a lot of SAS view, he's too close to a lot of the big stars, so he needs to paint things as favorable towards them. He does it often. He was so pissed at Howard ruining his little Howard/Deron fantasty in Brooklyn. He's in love with big stars and the name value.
    Absolutely agreed. He definitely needs to create more distance between himself and the athletes he covers, and display a bunch more objectivity.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Yeah, I remember the days when he would stay on Michael Olowakandi (who's African), for his "Less than Superstar" level of play, while being paid big money. Would call him "OlowaCaaannnnndddyyy" every chance he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Dude bashes Kwame Brown like no other and no one calls him racist or an Uncle Tom.
    Topic is SAS HATES LIN. not SAS HATES ASIANS, TAKES IT OUT ON LIN.

And the brown analogy is good ,imagine if he talked about Kwame Brown for hours on end, in several different topics on his show, even if not basketball, to remind you how much Kwame Brown sucks.

THATS what he does with Lin.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Everyone bashes Kwame Brown.

SAS bashes non-black players more than he does black players. Rashoooo Nes-ter-o-vic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYftKfvcT-U