Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Explain to me why/how Rose is better than Westbrook?

Uh.... some things Rose has a big edge in that don't show up in stats? Ballhandling, court vision primarily. Rose just knows how to play the game better. Just because two players have similar stats doesn't mean they are equals. Ballhandling and court vision are HUGE, important things when it comes to a PG. Rose is so much better in those two things, it's really not even close.

Westbrook has the most slippery, unstable ballhandling I've ever seen in a top tier PG. Compare his ballhandling to all the other "elite" PG's and you'll see a big drop off. Same with his passing/playmaking.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Oh yeah? Then why did the Bulls win so many games when Rose was out?
    Because they were playing scrubb ass teams.

Unless you think a starting 5 of cj watson ronnie brewer luol deng carlos boozer and noah are a serious threat to win the east..

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Nothing tangible really.

Just media bias and bs perceptions.

You'll hear in this thread that Rose is more clutch....but that hasn't been the case at all this year actually. In fact, Westbrook has been far more clutch this year.
    Really? I know you have the stats but I also know that you don't fully understand them.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selrahc
    westbrook makes dumber decisions and takes worse shots

a year ago...

not this year

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Uh.... some things Rose has a big edge in that don't show up in stats? Ballhandling, court vision primarily. Rose just knows how to play the game better. Just because two players have similar stats doesn't mean they are equals. Ballhandling and court vision are HUGE, important things when it comes to a PG. Rose is so much better in those two things, it's really not even close.

Westbrook has the most slippery, unstable ballhandling I've ever seen in a top tier PG. Compare his ballhandling to all the other "elite" PG's and you'll see a big drop off. Same with his passing/playmaking.
    This.
    Passing, control, pace, IQ, leadership, ball-handling, knowing his players, court vision, reading defenses, reading game situation, alpha status, more responsibility, experience, on court coaching, knowing when to step up, creativity, providing team harmony, judgment, balance, facilitation are all thing that immediately jump out at me in favor or Rose. If Rose wasn't hurt early in games he would be scoring more as well.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

They are the same player. Don't believe the hype that Rose plays with nobody and Westbrook should pass to Durant more. Rose would play the same way in Okc

They are closer than people think but mentioning the bulls record without rose is pointless... Look who they played.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    This.
    Passing, control, pace, IQ, leadership, ball-handling, knowing his players, court vision, reading defenses, reading game situation, alpha status, more responsibility, experience, on court coaching, knowing when to step up, creativity, providing team harmony, judgment, balance, facilitation are all thing that immediately jump out at me in favor or Rose. If Rose wasn't hurt early in games he would be scoring more as well.
    GTFOH.

nba finals towel boy Kyle_korver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASH Transit
    As far as I'm concerned, they're the premier athletes at the PG position. Both are athletic slashers with inconsistent jump shots who live or die by getting to the rim. Both are top 5-10 players, and top 5 PG's behind Chris Paul.

Rose: 35.4mpg/23/3/8/45fg%/54ts%

Westbrook: 35.5mpg/24/5/6/47fg%/54ts%

What am I missing; What makes Rose definitively better than Westbrook? Why is it that Westbrook is labeled a chucker and Rose a top 5 player?
    THANK YOU I wonder the exact same thing ... Westbrook is a way better defender too .. Imagine him with an offense as him as a first option on a great defensive team like the bulls .. He would average at Least 25+

Or, maybe because they win with defense, and he's not that good a defender.
    Rose is a good defender.

Banned

Rose is one of the best man to man defensive PGs in the league. He isn't that great defensively at any other aspect of defense but in terms of man to man defense, Rose is excellent.

I could have sworn the OP a few weeks ago said that Westbrook is not an elite PG, now he is saying he is trying to argue that Westbrook is better than Rose?

Rose is a smarter player than Westbrook and that is enough for Rose to be better. Rose has advantages over Westbrook in other aspects as well but the main aspect is IQ.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 03-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Coach K knows more about basketball than anyone on this board I'd wager and he chose D. Rose over Westbrook as his floor general.

That's enough for me.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease kingkong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    The human mind is a very powerful thing.
    true

5-time NBA All-Star

No. Because they played bad teams. Miami plays as good a defense and they got three super offensive talents. Milwaukee is a defensive team and they aren't winning. The Lakers with its three mega mismatches is right there defensively as good as Chicago this year as well. Boston, Philly, Dallas is very much in the same category defensively. And most of these teams have super offensive talents. But Chicago is the only team that can win on defense alone. Get that weak, last year crap out of here. Chicago's offense is much better this year.

When Rose was crushing the other star players at his position last year, yall were saying the same thing. Just owe up and stop hating.

Westbrook averages only 5.6 assists and 4.0 turnovers. that is a piss poor assist/turnover ratio for a starting pg.