Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Default Replace Wade/Kobe and Duncan/Garnett

How many chips each one get? (Injuries, ego and BS aside...)

Garnett (Spurs)/Duncan (Minny/Celtics) 97 to 2013
    Kobe (Heat)/Wade (Lakers) 03 to 2013

Default Re: Replace Wade/Kobe and Duncan/Garnett

Hmm Wade would have 1-2 rings with the Lakers.
    Garnett would have 1-2 rings.

Hard to switch players whose teams were built around them.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Hmm Wade would have 1-2 rings with the Lakers.
    Garnett would have 1-2 rings.

Hard to switch players whose teams were built around them.
    Depends upon which version of Wade is playing with Shaq. If it's 2nd year Wade with Shaq, they're still either 3peating or winning 2 at the least. Will most likely win in '05 and '06 as well. '03 and '04 are his injury years ('07 and '08). There's literally no team in the league that can stop '09 Wade and '05 Shaq.

I'm assuming that Shaq doesn't leave the Lakers, btw.

If Shaq leaves, 2-3 rings. If not, 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Depends upon which version of Wade is playing with Shaq. If it's 2nd year Wade with Shaq, they're still either 3peating or winning 2 at the least. Will most likely win in '05 and '06 as well. '03 and '04 are his injury years ('07 and '08). There's literally no team in the league that can stop '09 Wade and '05 Shaq.

I'm assuming that Shaq doesn't leave the Lakers, btw.

If Shaq leaves, 2-3 rings. If not, 4-5.
    That's now how it works. Put Wade on the Lakers with their roster from 03 to 13 without Kobe, of course. The same way Duncan Garnett.

I think Wade probably win in 09, and in 11 he has a good team, but i dont think he would win a Heat with Kobe/Lebron/Bosh.

I think Kobe definitely win in 06, 12, 13 (Injuries aside). And has chances in 05, 07, and maybe 08.

I think Garnett would have problmes in 99, but 03, 05, 07 he wins it too. Duncan wins in 08, maybe 10.

KG wins at least 4
    Wade wins 1

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    KG wins at least 4
    Wade wins 1
    Which years KG and Wade win? It's a little bit hard to imagine Spurs without Duncan, but KG was a beast.

And Kobe on Heat and Duncan with Minny and Celtics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldinho
    That's now how it works. Put Wade on the Lakers with their roster from 03 to 13 without Kobe, of course. The same way Duncan Garnett.

I think Wade probably win in 09, and in 11 he has a good team, but i dont think he would win a Heat with Kobe/Lebron/Bosh.
    Most likely win in '09 and '10. Not sure about '11. Although Wade was healthy, the Lakers were exhausted that season.

I think Kobe definitely win in 06, 12, 13 (Injuries aside). And has chances in 05, 07, and maybe 08.
    '07 and '08? Absolutely not. Shaq was injured in '07 and that '08 Heat team sucked ass.

'05 is a possibility, but he'd run into the Spurs in the Finals and he wouldn't have prime Shaq. '06 entirely depends on how he decides to play. If he's attacking, he'd definitely win. If he starts chucking up stupid shots, absolutely not. '13? Not sure about that as well. Kobe was injured. Doubt LeBron wins without his 2nd best player. '12? Definitely. Not sure how Kobe would deal with playing with LeBron though. Both of them need the ball in their hands a lot.

I think Garnett would have problmes in 99, but 03, 05, 07 he wins it too. Duncan wins in 08, maybe 10.
    Except Shaq wouldn't have left LA if Wade was there instead of Kobe. Wade wasn't the egomaniac Kobe was and realised he was lucky to play with Shaq and went the extra mile (in Miami) to keep the guy happy and motivated.

So your comparison doesn't make any sense: if you switch them in 03, Shaq doesn't leave because he left to get away from Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Except Shaq wouldn't have left LA if Wade was there instead of Kobe. Wade wasn't the egomaniac Kobe was and realised he was lucky to play with Shaq and went the extra mile (in Miami) to keep the guy happy and motivated.

So your comparison doesn't make any sense: if you switch them in 03, Shaq doesn't leave because he left to get away from Kobe.
    I said in the first post, injuries, ego and BS aside.

How many chips each one get? (Injuries, ego and BS aside...)

Garnett (Spurs)/Duncan (Minny/Celtics) 97 to 2013
    Kobe (Heat)/Wade (Lakers) 03 to 2013
    How many chips Wade get from 03 to 13, and how many chips Kobe gets from 03 to 2013 in the Heat, injuries aside, same roster.

The same way, how many chips Duncan gets with Minny/Celtics and Garnett Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I know Duncan was a beast in 03, but Garnett was on his prime/peak too. He has a chance, at least.

I usually hit open layups

I think Garnett could have won 1 or 2. 2007 and maybe 2005. Duncan was the better go-to scorer and I prefer Duncan's defense (shot blocking/rim protection).

I know Duncan was a beast in 03, but Garnett was on his prime/peak too. He has a chance, at least.
    Duncan commanded the entire offense from the low-post. Unless Garnett could do that (which I don't think he could), they'd have no chance of winning.

Banned

Wait, people think Wade, who won with 06 Shaq, would only get a couple titles with peak Shaq? Damn.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Wait, people think Wade, who won with 06 Shaq, would only get a couple titles with peak Shaq? Damn.
    can wade average over 30 points vs the spurs in the 01' playoffs and the 02' kings who had a superior record? kobe was a killer in the wcf and i'm not convinced wade could handle that level of competition considering how he's not quite the shooter kobe was or defender.