Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: anyone here have beat making experience?

i had a fair share of beat making in my life

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Uhhhh..... NO.
    Are you saying these are not the easiest chords to master? You know how many songs were made using these simple chords?

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
    making easy beats is simple. making slapping ass beats is a challenge, beats are still music btw... and Jimi Hendrix couldn't read music, knew nothing about chords, never learned, Beatles didn't either, bassist from Black Sabbath picked up a bass day the band was formed, there is hope for anyone who has desire to make music.
    Well, I know it's music, but it's the simplest form of music to make.

Foe example. Lil Jon even demonstrates this in his video and I love Lil Jon and E-40. Snap Ya Fingers

Reading music and playing by ear is totally cool. I can't read music (sheet music), but I know chords. If someone told me to play (insert note/chord) I can play it. But if they gave me sheet music, I'd be lost.

My gripe with that keyboard is the keys aren't weighted. They have a very springy synth feel, which isn't good for piano players.

What you need is a semi weighted keyboard, those give you a closer piano feel.

There are plenty of Live resources available online. Tons of vids and tutorials on YouTube. You will need patience to learn the basics. And tons more to take advantage of some of it's more advanced capabilities.

I'm still a Live novice so unfortunately I can't help you out. But if you get Reason pm me and I'll be able to guide you.

As far as which controller to get?

I own the M-Audio Axiom and it's great for playing piano
    Oh snap, I got the same keyboard, 88 keys along with Reason and the programs that came with the keyboard. A pretty neat synth station (analog factory.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    how's your band coming along?
    I'm ace23's opening act.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Are you saying these are not the easiest chords to master? You know how many songs were made using these simple chords?

I was disagreeing with your belief that there wasn't any hope for somebody that couldn't learn chords.

Specially in 8 minutes, which Im sure you were being facetious about.

I think that talent is talent, creativity is creativity. One doesn't need to learn 'chords' to be good (although they do help tremendously). Like somebody else mentioned there's been great artists that weren't musically trained. They don't know how to read or understand chord structure, yet they've been successful.

I do agree that making a beat 'can' be simple tho. Which is why I don't sample much, which is why I try to do my own thing instead of following the current musical trend.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Oh snap, I got the same keyboard, 88 keys along with Reason and the programs that came with the keyboard. A pretty neat synth station (analog factory.)
    I got the 49 keys.

Love the feel, wish I brought it with me to Canada miss it so much.

Sup. Experienced hip hop producer here.

If I could give a beginner any advice it would be to learn the basics of your beat making program but stay away from structure at first as much as possible. Do you have an ear for music? If so rely on that. Understand the fudementals of rhythm but Make beats based on your creativity and be as sporadic as possible. Your beats will be sh1tty.. and its ok. Do some trial and error and self analyzation and you will make progress.As time goes on dabble a bit on music theory,chord progression,technique,effects,and stuff.. Incorporate what you learned with your creativity (just fvck around) and develop your own style and sound.

Good Luck!

I was disagreeing with your belief that there wasn't any hope for somebody that couldn't learn chords.

Specially in 8 minutes, which Im sure you were being facetious about.

I think that talent is talent, creativity is creativity. One doesn't need to learn 'chords' to be good (although they do help tremendously). Like somebody else mentioned there's been great artists that weren't musically trained. They don't know how to read or understand chord structure, yet they've been successful.

I do agree that making a beat 'can' be simple tho. Which is why I don't sample much, which is why I try to do my own thing instead of following the current musical trend.
    I was joking that sense.

I can't read music, but you should at least know the very basics of music theory. You don't have to be Stevie Wonder on the keys, but you should at least know your way around that thing.