Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Am I the only one who thinks Brandon Ingram's talent is overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Brown is stronger quicker, faster and has a better motor.

Not only that you just mentioned his reach, dude can actually hang around at the 4
    Saying he can play the 4 isn't saying much in today's small ball era. But like I said, I know nothing about Brown so I don't want to get into a "he's better than him" argument because I don't know all the facts.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Brown is stronger quicker, faster and has a better motor.

Not only that you just mentioned his reach, dude can actually hang around at the 4
    Watch some games or at least some highlights. Ingram might be lanky but he actually plays very strong. He doesn't shy away from contact or bumps and I thought last night he was the Lakers best defender on Harden when he was on him.

I'm more high on his defensive impact than offensive at this point because I think he's a little too unselfish. He could very well develop into a Kawhi type player as they seem to have similar mindsets. He's been talking to Iguodala and getting pointers on defense. At his age, at that high a draft pick, and he's worried more about his defense than his offense. I think we got a good one.

Length, shooting, athletic, can put the ball on the floor, can finish well (albeit less graceful than all star swing men) and 19 years old. I can definitely see him aso a future 25 ppg player on the league. What's there not to like about him? A 19 year old doesn't have good footwork yet? How many do though? Even someone like Durant had his footwork criticized on here as recent as 2010 when he was putting up 30 ppg.

Curious though if Lakers fans know why Walton was starting Nick Young and/or Dieng over him. Is the plan to work him into the starting lineup within the next 10-20 games?

Talking Re: Am I the only one who thinks Brandon Ingram's talent is overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Length, shooting, athletic, can put the ball on the floor, can finish well (albeit less graceful than all star swing men) and 19 years old. I can definitely see him aso a future 25 ppg player on the league. What's there not to like about him? A 19 year old doesn't have good footwork yet? How many do though? Even someone like Durant had his footwork criticized on here as recent as 2010 when he was putting up 30 ppg.

Curious though if Lakers fans know why Walton was starting Nick Young and/or Dieng over him. Is the plan to work him into the starting lineup within the next 10-20 games?
    Walton is trying to turn Nick Young into Klay Thompson if you couldnt tell by all the 3pt shot jacking early on in the game

LOL Ingram is on a different world than Brown. Dude is already showing to be a good defender which is a surprise for a 19 year old ROOKIE. He is calm, collected and yesterday was handling the ball up the court and guarding James Harden in the 2nd half.

Dude is a legit star in the making.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    He's barely 19 dude, give him time till he develops NBA body.
    He is compared to Durant yet Durant at 19 was light years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    In terms of playing style, it is a good comparison, long as hell, can shoot and handle the ball really good for his size, possibly good/great defender cuz of size.
    But in terms of quality, it was pretty obvious to pretty much everybody(aint conting laker homers) that KD was at a different level when he came to the NBA, and probably Ingram will never sniff KD's level. But the kid is really damm good, and as an OKC fan who knows that we aint fighting for the title no more, im really interested on following rookies/soph development, and Ingram is definetly on my watch list(along with Embiid, Dunn, Jaylen, DRuss, Myles Turnes and KAT).

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoSimoes
    In terms of playing style, it is a good comparison, long as hell, can shoot and handle the ball really good for his size, possibly good/great defender cuz of size.
    But in terms of quality, it was pretty obvious to pretty much everybody(aint conting laker homers) that KD was at a different level when he came to the NBA, and probably Ingram will never sniff KD's level. But the kid is really damm good, and as an OKC fan who knows that we aint fighting for the title no more, im really interested on following rookies/soph development, and Ingram is definetly on my watch list(along with Embiid, Dunn, Jaylen, DRuss, Myles Turnes and KAT).
    Ingram will be a better defender thrn what KD ever was.

He won't be the same level of scorer but his ability to guard 1 to 4 will be scary good. already has great length to go with his defensive instincts. Kd is an average on ball defender.

College superstar

Deng is a former all-star vet and deserves the spot over Ingram, and it's good for the kid to have to earn the spot.

Young though, is taking JC's spot in the starting roster because of his supposed improvement in defense. He's still a chucker...

Like freezing said, Luke wants someone to fill the role of Klay. He's trying to do what happened with JR in Cleveland. Young is definitely no JR.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Deng is a former all-star vet and deserves the spot over Ingram, and it's good for the kid to have to earn the spot.

Young though, is taking JC's spot in the starting roster because of his supposed improvement in defense. He's still a chucker...

Like freezing said, Luke wants someone to fill the role of Klay. He's trying to do what happened with JR in Cleveland. Young is definitely no JR.
    I get that Deng has seniority and is a good player. I'm just thinking if you're rebuilding anyways, why not start the young guys with ridiculous potential. A backcourt of Russell, Clarkson with Ingram Randle and Mozgov in the front. Thats a lineup of 4 guys in their early 20s that can be a playoff team in 3 years and a contender in 5. Obviously though Luke knows what he's doing.

College superstar

I get that Deng has seniority and is a good player. I'm just thinking if you're rebuilding anyways, why not start the young guys with ridiculous potential. A backcourt of Russell, Clarkson with Ingram Randle and Mozgov in the front. Thats a lineup of 4 guys in their early 20s that can be a playoff team in 3 years and a contender in 5. Obviously though Luke knows what he's doing.
    Believe me, I'd love to see him run Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, Randle/Nance, and Zubac all day long but you can't have that when you're developing players. You need a veteran presence on the court to calm the young guys down and make sure they're running things properly.

I'm not sold on Deng being a vocal leader on that though, he doesn't seem to be a good fit at all and I wouldn't be surprised if he were traded soon.

Banned

He will be solid once he develops a NBA body. The likes of Durant and Anthony Davis look lanky and uncoordinated when they first entered the league.

With a little muscle he will put on a full blown assault on the league.

He has one game as a professional on his record, jesus

College superstar

No one is saying he's going to be KD, they're saying they play similarly and had similar skillsets. KD is way more aggressive when it comes to scoring and Ingram instead has taken it upon himself to improve defensively.

I think Ingram will be more like Kawhi than KD (no, I'm not saying he'll be as good, just similar). He'll be able to score, but won't force it or demand the ball. He'll play excellent defense though, especially with his length and mobility.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    He will be solid once he develops a NBA body. The likes of Durant and Anthony Davis look lanky and uncoordinated when they first entered the league.

With a little muscle he will put on a full blown assault on the league.
    Kevin Durant never looked uncoordinated and was much better than Ingram is at 19.