Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Sessions is a HUGE upgrade from fisher

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    So, despite Bynum averaging more points per game than those three players, averaging more rebounds than those three players, averaging more blocks than those three players, second among centers in FG%, and averaging close to 28 and 17 (excluding last night's game) the last two weeks, utterly dominating teams, YOU think that Roy Hibbert and Tyson Chandler are the second best centers in the league over Bynum.

Can you read? Do you watch basketball games? Are you blind? No, maybe you're deaf and haven't heard of Bynum's emergence this year.

I get it. You're joking right? Yea, you must be joking. No one could be stupid enough to say a center that averages 11/9/1.5 is better than a center that averages 18/13/2.

Nah, no one could be that stupid
    Well first of all, i said it's in my opinion. Dunno but whenever you mouth off your opinion i don't jizz all of over it just because it doesn't go along with mine.
    I think you have to put things into perspective. Hibbert doesn't have the benefit of playing with kobe or gasol, which let's be honest generate at least half of bynum points. Actually it appears that bynum gets assisted on 70.6% on his baskets at the rim and 56.3% from 3-9 feet.

Next, there's a reason why the mavs became a defensive powerhouse when chandler played there and why the knicks are one, well of course excepting the games where some players don't want to actually play D. Chandler is a player that's actually capable of anchoring a defense. That's not to say that Bynum is not a good defensive player. He changes a lot of shots and intimidates players with this length and big body, but he just doesn't orchestrate the defense like chandler does.

And well Bogut, when healthy, we've all seen just how big of a monster he was, before suffering that freak accident and fucking up his arm.

As i said this is my opinion, so if you don't agree with it, then good 4 you. I already conceded that Bynum is arguably the second best center in the league.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by c3z4r
    Well first of all, i said it's in my opinion. Dunno but whenever you mouth off your opinion i don't jizz all of over it just because it doesn't go along with mine.
    I think you have to put things into perspective. Hibbert doesn't have the benefit of playing with kobe or gasol, which let's be honest generate at least half of bynum points. Actually it appears that bynum gets assisted on 70.6% on his baskets at the rim and 56.3% from 3-9 feet.

Next, there's a reason why the mavs became a defensive powerhouse when chandler played there and why the knicks are one, well of course excepting the games where some players don't want to actually play D. Chandler is a player that's actually capable of anchoring a defense. That's not to say that Bynum is not a good defensive player. He changes a lot of shots and intimidates players with this length and big body, but he just doesn't orchestrate the defense like chandler does.

And well Bogut, when healthy, we've all seen just how big of a monster he was, before suffering that freak accident and fucking up his arm.

As i said this is my opinion, so if you don't agree with it, then good 4 you. I already conceded that Bynum is arguably the second best center in the league.
    1) You're wrong

2) Bogut on his best day wasn't beasting like Bynum

3) Where are the stats to show half of Bynum's points are assisted?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Sessions can't shoot though. lmao at dude comparing this to Gasol trade. Sessions ain't that good but ok LA fans go overrate him like everyone does. We'll see him get exposed in the playoffs
    I can see Sessions having close to as much impact as Gasol in the Gasol trade simply because he would improve our weakest position and make our already formidable Big 3, even more dangerous by giving them better looks.

Quote Originally Posted by StacksOnDeck
    1) You're wrong

2) Bogut on his best day wasn't beasting like Bynum

3) Where are the stats to show half of Bynum's points are assisted?

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Andrew%20Bynum

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Sessions can't shoot though. lmao at dude comparing this to Gasol trade. Sessions ain't that good but ok LA fans go overrate him like everyone does. We'll see him get exposed in the playoffs

Session's is as good as a early round lottery pick. his handles and penetration alone makes him at least good. Lakers got a steal but a lot of people already knew he was good before they traded for him.

the other thing is he seems extremely motivated to be playing for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Are you really this dumb or are you acting? I guess it would have been better to allow Sessions to play out the final 25 games of the season and walk away for nothing.... In the final two months of the season, which we should just tank anyway.

And, it wasn't just one pick. We received their first this season. Next year, we have the option of trading spots with the pick we received from the Heat with the Lakers pick, whatever it is... No protections.

So, essentially, we received two first round picks.

...for a guy that was out the door after the next 25 games anyway... During a season that it is in our best interest to close with a lot of losses, not wins.

You would make a tremendous GM if you think that was a mistake.
    You forgot about Luke Walton?

And for this thread, yeah no sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    Session's is as good as a early round lottery pick. his handles and penetration alone makes him at least good. Lakers got a steal but a lot of people already knew he was good before they traded for him.

the other thing is he seems extremely motivated to be playing for the Lakers.
    Sessions is not worth a lottery pick. Certianly not a top 10 pick which the Lakers may have given the Cavs next season for the 28-30th pick in the draft.

That would be amazing lol. When Bynum gets injured, Sessions leaves, Gasol/Kobe continue their decline's that pick will be great, possibly better than the Cavs lol. Thank you Lakers for handing us a possible to 10 pick for the Heat's pick.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Sessions is not worth a lottery pick. Certianly not a top 10 pick which the Lakers may have given the Cavs next season for the 28-30th pick in the draft.

That would be amazing lol. When Bynum gets injured, Sessions leaves, Gasol/Kobe continue their decline's that pick will be great, possibly better than the Cavs lol. Thank you Lakers for handing us a possible to 10 pick for the Heat's pick.
    Yes the Lakers will be a bottom 10 team

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1

yeah he is. look at Derrick Williams and 3/4's of the top 10 picks from last year. most will probably never be as good at their positions as Session's is now.

he's way better than some people here act. i don't think people understand how hard it is to impress playing backup with limited minutes and shots, and occasionally being thrown into the fire to produce when the starter gets hurt, and even then Session's often produced in those situations better than any backup PG's in the league.

he has above average handles and penetration, and good vision which should be consistent from game to game. nevermind his shot which looks at least decent/good, amazing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    yeah he is. look at Derrick Williams and 3/4's of the top 10 picks from last year. most will probably never be as good at their positions as Session's is now.

he's way better than some people here act. i don't think people understand how hard it is to impress playing backup with limited minutes and shots, and occasionally being thrown into the fire to produce when the starter gets hurt, and even then Session's often produced in those situations better than any backup PG's in the league.

he has above average handles and penetration, and good vision which should be consistent from game to game. nevermind his shot which looks at least decent/good, amazing last night.
    Last year's draft is considered one of the weakest of all time.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

why isn't Sessions starting?

Local High School Star

And, for the record, I love what Ramon brings to the game and, as a Cavs fan, was sorry to see him go. The guy is a true professional and I would be hoping for nothing but the best for him if we didn't have the Lakers' first round pick in this draft.

In all seriousness, this trade made all the sense in the world for BOTH franchises, which is why it had to happen. Both organizations are better off for it.
    Bingo

Are you really this dumb or are you acting? I guess it would have been better to allow Sessions to play out the final 25 games of the season and walk away for nothing.... In the final two months of the season, which we should just tank anyway.

And, it wasn't just one pick. We received their first this season. Next year, we have the option of trading spots with the pick we received from the Heat with the Lakers pick, whatever it is... No protections.

So, essentially, we received two first round picks.

...for a guy that was out the door after the next 25 games anyway... During a season that it is in our best interest to close with a lot of losses, not wins.

You would make a tremendous GM if you think that was a mistake.
    Yep, agree with all the above. Didn't have the hometown-fan insider knowledge that that was the scenario with his contract but now i see why it works for both teams.

I have no problem with letting him go (or allowing him to walk). Obviously, that is the business part of the game that everyone has to accept.

What I was referring to is the near constant put-downs of the guy by some Lakers fans. Sure, he isn't what he used to be... His career is coming to a close.

But, it was a nice career and he did a lot of good things in LA... Stepped up when it mattered most a lot of times. I just personally believe he deserves more respect than he is getting by some on here. And, obviously there are Lakers fans that agree with me.
    It was a time when everyone was angry because other point guards were having fun just strolling through the paint and making an ass out of our defense, not to mention Fisher himself.

Everyone I had talked to that "wanted Fisher out of there" eventually admit they "Still wanted him on the team because he is a great leader". That is something undervalued. To be honest with you I would have rather traded Steve Blake so that Fisher can be our bench PG.

Either way, lakers got ramon, he's a great fit so far, and Fisher was done probably about 4 years ago. He has hit big shots, but he wasn't always helpful late game.

Last season vs the mavericks, Fisher committed fouls that put players on the line with few seconds remaining in games. Basically lost us 2 games in those playoffs. It was clear at that point, he really couldn't keep up anymore.