Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Rick Barry just went HAM on the Golden State fans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
    Yeah it sure is ridiculous, but Warriors fans still don't know jack about basketball.

Cohan was a joke, should be happy that you have an owner that gives a damn about the team.

Have fun making the playoffs once every 17 years, and drafting the future players of the NBA, like Todd Fuller & Brendan Wright.
    So how does the prior owner being an idiot have anything to do with what the fans know about basketball?

Here's the thing about this Monta trade. Over the last 2 months or so, Warriors have FINALLY been stringing some wins together and playing above .500 ball. And right before Monta was traded, they were just 3 games from that 8th playoff spot. It wasn't out of the question to think the Warriors would have gotten to a .500 record by seasons end, possibly even better which "could've" be right there for a playoff berth. That was the optimism among many fans. Optimism is all Warriors fans have had the last how many years now, excluding 07? Then all of a sudden our season gets tanked. Can't blame the boos that we traded that away for a player on one leg.

I for one feel the Warriors did themselves a solid by acquiring Bogut. Hopefully him and Curry can get "fully" healthy. With Lee in the mix and the upside of Thompson, I look forward to whatever progress might be seen over the next few seasons.

Anyways, your generalizations are awesome. Keep up the good work....I learned a lot from reading your posts.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrant 2
    The fans have a point though.. remember how fun that GS team was when they beat Dallas in the playoffs? What happened to that team? Owner.
    That team self destructed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrant 2
    The fans have a point though.. remember how fun that GS team was when they beat Dallas in the playoffs? What happened to that team? Owner.
    And Coach. Don Nelson was a big reason for why that team got broken up. But again, he was one of the reasons we made the playoffs too.

Him and Cohen were/are buddy buddy which gave Nelly a lot of control over that team. And if there's one thing Nelly loves, it's....

I didnt like trading monta either but that wasnt the time to vent out the frustrations.

omg so akward and embarrassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIsgXGlnpzQ

Not airballing my layups anymore bigdaddyfunk's Avatar

Warriors fans like myself are just pissed.

Btw, Warriors beatwriters were hilarious about it.

"Lacob should have screamed sexual chocolate into the mic, dropped it, and walked off"

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate

Anyways, your generalizations are awesome. Keep up the good work....I learned a lot from reading your posts.

Lol thanks, I try.

Of course my post was full of **** considering I had no argument, didn't think anyone would actually respond to it.

I know the warriors are competitive this year, and they're going in the right direction(heck when was the last time you guys had this caliber of a center).

That's why the booing is so stupid and disrespectful, as if they didn't know(maybe they didn't ) Monta had to be shipped out to make this team better. The writing's been on the wall ever since Steph got drafted.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Warriors fans are stupid for one reason especially. Andrew Bogut when healthy is a superior player to Ellis. Dominant impact on both end of the floor often times. He's the most skilled ALL AROUND center in the game in my opinion.

He can dominate both ends of the floor, is a capable passer and shooter from midrange. He's almost a perfectly balanced center. Exactly the kind of player GS has been lacking for a very long time.

If Warriors get a 100 percent healthy Bogut they are going to be very glad about the trade. Ellis was a great scorer but that's all he was. A pure scorer. Bogut's impact is MUCH greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Warriors fans are stupid for one reason especially. Andrew Bogut when healthy is a superior player to Ellis. Dominant impact on both end of the floor often times. He's the most skilled ALL AROUND center in the game in my opinion.

He can dominate both ends of the floor, is a capable passer and shooter from midrange. He's almost a perfectly balanced center. Exactly the kind of player GS has been lacking for a very long time.

If Warriors get a 100 percent healthy Bogut they are going to be very glad about the trade. Ellis was a great scorer but that's all he was. A pure scorer. Bogut's impact is MUCH greater.
    key words

Bogut isn't dominate on both sides of the floor. Defensively, he can definitely hold his own but offensively, Lee is better and Lee is far from dominant.

Vintage Ricky Barry

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Absolute poor effort by the Warriors fans. This is not how you treat your franchise. Especially at an event such as this, I am shocked the crowd was booing. I would be ashamed if I was a Warriors fan, booing your own team is just wrong on so many levels, you are supposed to support them. I also say good on Rick Barry, I don't see how you can make a situation that bad any worse. Someone needed to shut that shocking crowd up and I'm glad he had the balls to get up there and do what he did. Poor performance by the Warriors fans.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyfunk
    Warriors fans like myself are just pissed.

Btw, Warriors beatwriters were hilarious about it.

"Lacob should have screamed sexual chocolate into the mic, dropped it, and walked off"
    Why are you pissed, out of curiosity? Because the team traded Ellis? Really?

Is that what this ridiculous scene was about? What an embarrassment.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Bogut isn't dominate on both sides of the floor. Defensively, he can definitely hold his own but offensively, Lee is better and Lee is far from dominant.
    Not true. Lee may score more but he doesn't have the impact on either ends of Bogut. You need to watch some footage of Bogut a couple seasons ago before injury. His impact on D was HUGE. Not too far behind Dwight Howard's. Not only leader in blocked shots but fundamentally sound defender.

Not true. Lee may score more but he doesn't have the impact on either ends of Bogut. You need to watch some footage of Bogut a couple seasons ago before injury. His impact on D was HUGE. Not too far behind Dwight Howard's. Not only leader in blocked shots but fundamentally sound defender.
    Uhhh..what part of my statement led you to believe that I though Bogut was a bad defender?

And yes, Lee is better than Bogut offensively.