Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Why do people just assume that replacing westbrook with Rondo will work better?...

Please explain how this possibly improves the team.

Default Re: Why do people just assume that replacing westbrook with Rondo will work better?...

[COLOR="Magenta"]Rondo is the best Pure pg in the nba

Like kidd was in his prime.

actually hes jus like jkidd in his prime

he's jus lookn to get the whole team involved not score
    much

and in the 4th Q , HE'LL Get KD THe ball and gtfo the way unlike westbrook who will take a contested 3 from 30 feet back with two guys n his face

rondo is also a better defender imo [/COLOR]

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Re: Why do people just assume that replacing westbrook with Rondo will work better?...

Quote Originally Posted by aboss4real24
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Rondo is the best Pure pg in the nba

Like kidd was in his prime.

actually hes jus like jkidd in his prime

he's jus lookn to get the whole team involved not score
    much

and in the 4th Q , HE'LL Get KD THe ball and gtfo the way unlike westbrook who will take a contested 3 from 30 feet back with two guys n his face

rondo is also a better defender imo [/COLOR]

Better defender?...no....So the thunder will be better because he'll give durant a heavier offensive load to carry?...interesting...this is why you aren't a GM....
    Last edited by I.R.Beast; 02-27-2014 at 02:00 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Bitch did you just say that Rondo isn't a better defender than WB?

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Better defender?...no....So the thunder will be better because he'll give duranat a heavier offensively load to carry?...interesting...this is why you aren't a GM....
    You talk as if there are only two players on each team, got to applaud the marketing.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Rondo gets overrated when people make him out to be the kind of defender Kidd was. The truth is, most point guards in the league suck balls at defense. Just because Rondo plays it more consistently than others, doesn't mean is a stud in that department either. He gets steals and all. But he isn't guarding the opposing team's best player, while also running how own team's offense.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Bitch did you just say that Rondo isn't a better defender than WB?
    Both are overrated in that department. WB has all the physical tools to be a shutdown defender. But he lacks the concentration aspect. Rondo gets a bunch of steals.

Rondo would compliment Durant more than Westbrook, but then the Thunder lose out on thier 2nd offnsive option, which they can't afford to lose in the long run. If the Thunder had a big man who is a force on the offensive end, then Westbrook wouldn't be as valuable.

I think it's close to call on paper, which is why I wouldn't do it. Don't mess with something you know works, unless it's Curry or CP3 for WB. That kind of synergy would be too good to pass up.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Rondo gets overrated when people make him out to be the kind of defender Kidd was. The truth is, most point guards in the league suck balls at defense. Just because Rondo plays it more consistently than others, doesn't mean is a stud in that department either. He gets steals and all. But he isn't guarding the opposing team's best player, while also running how own team's offense.
    Rondo can guard his own position better than almost any point active today.

Another player that absolutely can't shoot the ball, exactly what OKC need

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    He's the point, there would be no sense in matching him up against bigger players.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've long believed in the Rondo for Westbrook being a fit for both teams. And I'm not positive that the Harden trade wasn't in some part devised to force Durant to exert himself more. Rondo has a way of exerting himself on a team without displacing a guy like Durant. And Westbrook is really wired to be a lead guy. And there's a little money to be saved to throw in another direction. And if you could get a pick out of Boston for it too. It's more than a player for player comparison in a vaccum.

However, I don't think it's nearly the slam dunk people make it out to be, as Rondo's presence could create some spacing issues.

If I were The Thunder I wouldn't do it. But it is a really close call. And a little would depend on the marching orders handed out by ownership.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    Another player that absolutely can't shoot the ball, exactly what OKC need
    He's nearly shooting 50/40/90 and averaging a career high in points in the last 8 games (only played 14 this year). Watch him f*cking play at least.

without another star player along with durant, rondo will do way worse than westbrook.
    It has been only a few games. if okc fails in playoffs, then this thread would make sense. i would take westbrook over rondo 8 out of 10 times. the 2 times i would take rondo over westbrook is if the team has at least 2 star shotmakers in the team.