Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    don't forget about him bringing up Shaq's name to the police when he had NOTHING to do with his problems. How would YOU like your co-worker to do the same to YOU? Bet you wouldn't be happy about it, and I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that it may serve to cause problems for your relationship.
    If Shaq was my co-worker, I would out him in a second. The man had acted like a ungrateful bully towards Kobe for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    But there's been a string of teammates that have had these problems with him.
    Who?

Chucky Atkins? Smush Parker? aaaand?

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    this is pretty inaccurate
    fixed

As expected, thread pulls in all the Kobe ******gers into broad display.

Who do we believe, a bunch of kobe stan randoms from ISH? Or proof that no one wants to play with a 1-legged ball and glory hog at the tail end of his career and NBA players themselves that blatantly aren't signing with Lakers.

If Caron Butler was one of Kobe's BFFs, then why is he on the Clippers rather than the Lakers.

Dwight's leaving because of these ungrateful Kobetards and because Kobe just is a sociopathic ballhog, who turned Nash into a spot up shooter.

poor Kobe. Gifting rings left and right and people are still so unappreciative.

Winning championships must suck.

is there any game he has taken responsibility of his bad play. It has always been blaming odom, gasol and others.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty
    Nothing new here, I always knew that he is the worst teammate ever, and that team barely misses him when his injured because no one likes to play with him.

Shaq years(not counting first two Kobe's seasons because he wasn't a starter)

With Kobe: 285-126 (.693)
    Without Kobe: 33-16 (.673)

With Shaq: 292-110 (.726)
    Without Shaq: 26-32 (.448)

Middle 3 years

With Kobe: 112-111 (.502)
    Without Kobe: 9-14 (.391)

With Odom: 106-94 (.530)
    Without Odom: 15-31 (.326)

Gasol years

With Kobe: 308-147 (.677)
    Without Kobe: 14-7 (.667)

With Gasol: 257-112 (.696)
    Without Gasol: 35-26 (.574)
    Just another stat that proves how overrated Kobe is. The bottom line is that prime Kobe could not even win a playoff series in 3 years without the best front court in the NBA and he had prime Odom . That is the truth and nothing can ever change that.

Kobe= most overrated ever. Gasol= 2010 finals MVP

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Just another stat that proves how overrated Kobe is. The bottom line is that prime Kobe could not even win a playoff series in 3 years without the best front court in the NBA and he had prime Odom . That is the truth and nothing can ever change that.

Kobe= most overrated ever. Gasol= 2010 finals MVP
    can't be a stat if it's made up.

who wants to play with a cripple?

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    True. That still doesn't change that Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and Mark Madsen have all gone on record stating how they loved playing with Kobe, and how he actually helped them along developing their game and career. Caron, Odom and Kobe remain close friends to this day. Now who are are the other ex-teammates of Kobe that have really bashed him? Shaq (equally to blame for the drama), Smush and Isiah Rider (two of the most erratic and stupid players of all time). People also totally disregard that most of Kobe's teammates from 05 and onward either posted career numbers or had some of their most successful years playing alongside him.

I'm certainly not saying Kobe is an easy teammate, cause he's not, but for some people here to try to discredit one of the most successful NBA players of alltime is just a disgrace. It's funny how people will sing the praises about Bird, then go completely silent when Bird goes on to state how great a player Kobe is, and that he prefers his mentality over Lebron's. It's like there's no ****ing middle ground when it comes to Kobe, either he's god or he's a zero, and it's irritating as hell. Fact is, Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, a proven winner and one of the most talented players to ever lace them up. Now if people wanna hate on that, be my guest.

I for one wouldn't mind to get cussed out if it meant at the end of the day I would have played together with one of the alltime greats in 7 NBA Finals, and won 5 of them.
    Finally someone with some sense. I honestly don't get why some people can't just respect his game. They go to such lengths to discredit his achievements. I'm pretty sure the majority of these people don't even watch him play and just stare at stat sheets and read the meaningless crap people post on these forums sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    True. That still doesn't change that Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm and Mark Madsen have all gone on record stating how they loved playing with Kobe, and how he actually helped them along developing their game and career. Caron, Odom and Kobe remain close friends to this day. Now who are are the other ex-teammates of Kobe that have really bashed him? Shaq (equally to blame for the drama), Smush and Isiah Rider (two of the most erratic and stupid players of all time). People also totally disregard that most of Kobe's teammates from 05 and onward either posted career numbers or had some of their most successful years playing alongside him.

I'm certainly not saying Kobe is an easy teammate, cause he's not, but for some people here to try to discredit one of the most successful NBA players of alltime is just a disgrace. It's funny how people will sing the praises about Bird, then go completely silent when Bird goes on to state how great a player Kobe is, and that he prefers his mentality over Lebron's. It's like there's no ****ing middle ground when it comes to Kobe, either he's god or he's a zero, and it's irritating as hell. Fact is, Kobe is a top 10 player of all time, a proven winner and one of the most talented players to ever lace them up. Now if people wanna hate on that, be my guest.

I for one wouldn't mind to get cussed out if it meant at the end of the day I would have played together with one of the alltime greats in 7 NBA Finals, and won 5 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Ankles
    Wow calm down there grandpa, you might give yourself a heart attack.

What you fail to realize is that NBA is just an emotionless organization, when an owner trades a franchise player that stayed loyal to his team through the bad and the good, no one says anything. Pierce just got dumped after 15 years of service. It's just business. But when a player decides to make his own decisions in FREE AGENCY it's suddenly a crime against humanity and ultimate treachery. What exactly is wrong with giving yourself the best chance to win? Isn't that what Kobe was after when he demanded a trade when Lakers weren't contending? Oh wait let me guess that's different.

All these millionaire athletes already "made it", they couldn't give two shits about what the average fan considers honorable or "the right way" when it's just a bunch of men bouncing a ball around a court for our entertainment. If you want to win, you take it into your hands not sit on your ass while a front office that may be mentally challenged is making all the wrong moves or no moves at all.

It's time for you to come out of the dark ages and accept the fact that colleagues don't have to be enemies to compete fiercely in the playoffs. Didn't you see Spurs/Heat this year? Neither team ever trash talked or disrespected each other, yet we saw the most competitive and entertaining Finals in a decade. That "buddy buddy shit" is called mutual respect and admiration for talent and skill, something Kobe never quite learned. He always had to be the center of attention and "The Man", he always had to prove to everyone SOMETHING. That just screams childhood insecurity and self esteem issues. If you actually read and research what Shaq and Kobe' Laker teammates have to say about how he behaved during those years you would actually realize why he is in his current position. Kobe was always a distant loner that didn't like being "buddy buddy". There is nothing wrong communicating and socializing with your fellow ballers, you don't have to be a dick like Jordan to everyone to be considered a great player. That's what Kobe never understood, in his mind he has to emulate EVERYTHING about Jordan, even down to the dickhead attitude and personality.
    Good post.

Bottom line is "Kobe's Way" has worked (with the right personnel) and "LBJ's Way" has worked too (with the right personnel).

However, in a league full of huge egos and primadonnas, there are going to be a lot more of the "right" personnel for LBJ's way.

Doesn't matter anyways now, Kobe's day has passed. He will be 36 coming off a torn Achilles.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSi2zWaF9vE

ESPN Los Angeles : June 27, 2013

Kobe "I eat first and second" Bryant
    Right. Using Dwight Howard to judge Kobe is completely fair. Howard is consistent, knows who he is and generally what he wants out of life.

If look at a team like Miami, and compare the team attitude with the Lakers?

You see a world of difference..

Lebron goes on & on about how he plays for his teammates. He says he loves to pass as much, if not more than he loves to score

Wade talks about giving up the top dog status to make room for lebron so they can win more titles

Bosh talks about simply doing his part and rebounding and letting other guys carry the scoring load, and when he gets to shine, he'll do it.

Also, the unselfish environment gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and have the lesser players (and the team as a whole) buy into it.

Spoelstra doesnt have the clout to pull that off if his team is full of egos and 'me first' guys... the attitude that Wade & Lebron & Bosh bring to the team provides the proper environment and sets the example for how things are going run... It gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and things begin to fall into place after that. Phil Jackson was a rare kind of coach who had the clout and could manage many egos and get them to play together... But not too many other coaches can succeed in an environment like the Lakers.

Kobe is the guy with the most clout in that organization right now, and he has to set the tone for the rest of the team...

saying "its my team" & "I eat first"... That type of attitude is not going to get it done..

maybe he could get with MDA and they can develop a plan going forward where they are always on the same page (like TD and pop). Make sure the other players on the team have a defined role and help them fill it....

3-time NBA All-Star

I thought Kobe and Howard seemed to be playing fine together after the all-star break. Howard was 18/14 on 58%, which was basically his Orlando numbers.

Seriously, the dude that clearly would have a good reason for not wanting to play with Kobe is Steve Nash. I'm sure of it is just natural aging and declining, but I have a hard time thinking thats the only reason Steve Blake was looking like the better player at times.