Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller Extempo's Avatar

Default Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every day

From ESPN:
    Bryant lowered his guard with Cabbie so much he gave him and his camera crew the first -- and still only -- ride on the helicopter he rides to practices and games to avoid traffic. Cabbie flew with Bryant the day the Lakers played the Miami Heat and Bryant hit the buzzer-beater over Dwyane Wade to win the game.

"When we were in the helicopter all strapped in and going up, the moment hit me, 'I can't believe I'm in a helicopter with Kobe Bryant,' " Cabbie said. "This doesn't make any sense. I'm just some kid from Toronto. I'm just some idiot from Canada and I'm in a helicopter with Kobe Bryant."

The trip took about 20 minutes and was filmed for Cabbie's popular segment on The Score, "Cabbie on the Street." During the trip, Bryant said the helicopter cost him about as much as his Ferrari California ($250,000) and saves him over an hour of travel time a day so he can spend more time with his kids. He said he drives from his home in Newport Beach to John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana where a helicopter takes him to LAX for practices or to a helipad on top of an office building in Downtown L.A. for games. In either case, a driver is waiting for him to take him to the practice facility or Staples Center.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4943698
    WTF?!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every day

Kobe doesn't fly it himself does he?

Lakers can expect protest from environmentalists at Staples now.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every day

kobe is rich as hell. why wouldn't someone do this if they could?

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every d

Kobe is rich, he can afford to make his life more convenient.

National High School Star

Are you honestly surprised by this?

If I had his type money I'd do the same.

Magic Johnson

What a waste of money. I guess this is a pretty good indication that Kobe won't be taking a paycut at the end of this year.

wow.... thats a life....i feel like a worm.... taking the buss sucks so bad....

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

Sit in LA traffic for two plus hours every game day or buy a helicopter which costs the same as an expensive car? hmmm, i wonder what option i'd pick if it were me.

OP doesnt sound too bright.

Decent college freshman

Helicopter is not really safe though, someday Kobe might die from helicopter crash.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    Helicopter is not really safe though, someday Kobe might die from helicopter crash.
    Sad that half the people on ISH probably hope it happens.

I am your soldier!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That is one of the worst sentences I've read in the last few days.

Banned

The people of Cleveland actually carry Lebron's house (while he's in it) to practices and games

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every d

At least he's never claimed to be some environmental apostle, then looking like a hypocrite later *cough Al Gore and his private jet and multiple homes cough*