Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Serious playground baller FlawlessVictory's Avatar

Default Trade Idea: Evan Turner for Danny Granger

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=msj7ref

Why for Philadelphia?

They have started the season well and looked impressive in most games. I don't believe they will keep this form up and will have a bad record at the end of the year; a bad record is not what Philly want, they want to have one of if not the worst records in the league and getting rid of a big contributor like Turner and replacing him with the always injured Granger would be a good move.

Secondly, all indications from both the organisation and from Turner directly indicate that he will not be kept around in Philly, so they are not losing anything by moving him on now.

Why for Indiana?

I loved the off-season signings of Watson and Scola and they have looked great to start the season. My issue is that for them to beat Miami and win the East, I personally think they need one more quality option off the bench to get over the line. Granger is made of glass these days and I can't see him getting back to anywhere near his best this season. I also don't think they are planning on giving him a new contract next season so they may as well move him on now for something.

Turner would be a great pickup for them. In 7 games so far this season, his stats are:

23.4 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.3 steals, 86% from the line, 18% from three, 52% field goal %, 60% true shooting % and a PER of 21.1 in 37 minutes per game.

I know its only 7 games but they are impressive stats - The only concerning one is that 3 point % and its definitely an issue with him. He would give Indiana another great ball-handler off the bench who can create his own offense. He can play anywhere from 1-3 and would be great in a small-ball lineup for them. While its debatable whether he was worthy of the number 2 pick, I personally think he has a great NBA career ahead of him and just needs to find the right situation to prosper.

Contract wise, he has a $8.7 million qualifying offer for next season. I think (?) I am right in saying that Philly could pick up that option, hand Stevenson a big new contract and still be under the luxury tax?

Its a no brainer deal for Indiana imo...

Thoughts?

Default Re: Trade Idea: Evan Turner for Danny Granger

trade granger for eric gordon wud be better

why you might ask?

heres why

Trade # 2 – The New Orleans Pelicans trade SG Eric Gordon in exchange for Indiana Pacers SF Danny Granger

Why New Orleans Would Do It:

The Pelicans regretted the Eric Gordon contract before the ink was even dry. They don’t have enough minutes to go around for Jrue Holiday, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Austin Rivers and Brian Roberts. They do not have a single starting caliber player at the SF position. Danny Granger has an expiring contract, so New Orleans could either re-sign him to a reasonable deal, or use the cap space elsewhere.

Why Indiana Would Do It:

Paul George could play at his natural position, small forward, full time. The Pacers badly need another player that can create his own shot, as well as for his teammates. Eric Gordon can do both of those things well. Eric Gordon is often injured, but so is Danny Granger, so that is a wash. They could send Lance Stephenson back to the bench where he belongs (Yes, I am trolling everyone who chirped me, that was a joke).

Which Players Would Benefit:

Danny Granger would go from the likely 6th man for the Pacers to becoming the starting SF for the Pelicans. In Granger’s past five seasons as a starter, he’s averaged 21.7 points per game
    Eric Gordon would be freed from his time share with Tyreke Evans to either starting for the Pacers or backing up both the SG and SF positions
    Speaking of Tyreke Evans, he would become the starting SG for the Pelicans, and likely raise his PER above the 0.14 it sits at now
    So now the Rockets are true championship contenders, the Pacers added a much needed extra scoring option and the Pelicans starting lineup looks like a real basketball team. What else can fix?

turner or gordon are way too much for a injury-prone player that probably is not even half the scorer he used to be...

ur looking at it the wrong way tho. its trading for cap space

Pacers aren't gonna take back long term salary like Gordon for Granger. They need to re-sign Stephenson and they can't go over the luxury tax line.

Danny Granger is a free agent after this season. So why are we trading for him again? He's also making $14mil. So you want another high priced player who spends more time in suits than on the floor? We had Bynum, why pay Grangers contract just because?

I dont see where Sixers benefit from this and it make sense. You can say getting rid of Turner allows Sixers to lose more. Well they can trade Turner for something more valuable than Granger.

Dumb trade idea.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Pacers aren't gonna take back long term salary like Gordon for Granger. They need to re-sign Stephenson and they can't go over the luxury tax line.
    If they decide not to go over the luxury line then it hurts them. In order to win, you need to spend money.

To put this into perspective...every single team that has won a NBA championship since the luxury tax has been inducted...has been OVER that tax line.

You got to spend money to win.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    If they decide not to go over the luxury line then it hurts them. In order to win, you need to spend money.

To put this into perspective...every single team that has won a NBA championship since the luxury tax has been inducted...has been OVER that tax line.

You got to spend money to win.
    Until the Pacers win it and don't spend the tax. I don't like it and it obviously handicaps us, but we're not going into the tax, that's a direct statement from ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Until the Pacers win it and don't spend the tax. I don't like it and it obviously handicaps us, but we're not going into the tax, that's a direct statement from ownership.
    Well if anyone can pull it off. It would be Bird.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    trade granger for eric gordon wud be better
    Why the hell would the Pelicans do that? [COLOR="White"]Still not used to saying the Pelicans. What a ****ing terrible name...[/COLOR]

What if Indiana threw in there first round pick for this year? It would only be in the 25-30 range but is still valuable according to most analysts...

Putting the package aside for a minute, do people agree that Evan Turner would be a great fit on the Pacers?

Pacers haven't lost yet...Theres no need to disrupt the rotation. Lance is playing just fine at the SG position.

Granger will be a huge expirer for the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
    Granger will be a huge expirer for the Pacers
    Yes and this is the point of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=msj7ref

Why for Philadelphia?

They have started the season well and looked impressive in most games. I don't believe they will keep this form up and will have a bad record at the end of the year; a bad record is not what Philly want, they want to have one of if not the worst records in the league and getting rid of a big contributor like Turner and replacing him with the always injured Granger would be a good move.

Secondly, all indications from both the organisation and from Turner directly indicate that he will not be kept around in Philly, so they are not losing anything by moving him on now.

Why for Indiana?

I loved the off-season signings of Watson and Scola and they have looked great to start the season. My issue is that for them to beat Miami and win the East, I personally think they need one more quality option off the bench to get over the line. Granger is made of glass these days and I can't see him getting back to anywhere near his best this season. I also don't think they are planning on giving him a new contract next season so they may as well move him on now for something.

Turner would be a great pickup for them. In 7 games so far this season, his stats are:

23.4 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 1.3 steals, 86% from the line, 18% from three, 52% field goal %, 60% true shooting % and a PER of 21.1 in 37 minutes per game.

I know its only 7 games but they are impressive stats - The only concerning one is that 3 point % and its definitely an issue with him. He would give Indiana another great ball-handler off the bench who can create his own offense. He can play anywhere from 1-3 and would be great in a small-ball lineup for them. While its debatable whether he was worthy of the number 2 pick, I personally think he has a great NBA career ahead of him and just needs to find the right situation to prosper.

Contract wise, he has a $8.7 million qualifying offer for next season. I think (?) I am right in saying that Philly could pick up that option, hand Stevenson a big new contract and still be under the luxury tax?

Its a no brainer deal for Indiana imo...

Thoughts?
    Somebody give this man a fukking medal.