Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Default Re: Wade or Iverson?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Nobody even talks about that and for good reason. Miami had an aging cast around Wade, and everyone knows that Wade was injured and probably shouldn't have even been playing.

Wade is a proven champion as the best player on his team, that's not irrelevant. I'm not saying that there was any year where you'd expect Iverson to win, but lets keep that run in perspective. I mean look at the Toronto series, they beat Toronto by one point, and that Raptor team was Vince Carter+ a worse cast than what Iverson had. It shows what you could do in the east at the time.

The championship isn't the deciding factor between who is the better player, Wade has been a better player regardless. Iverson was a top 5 player for 1 year, but Wade has been year after year.
    It just proves my point more.Saying Wade = 1 , Iverson = 0 is stupid, Wade had Shaq vs 2006 Mavs.. Iverson had Mutombo vs 2001 Lakers. (which swept everyteam in West)

Sixers weren't good team, they have always lacked scoring options (similar to this years Bulls but worse cast) and it showed in playoffs more. They played with amazing heart,hustle and defensive system.They were only depend on Iverson at offense. They didn't even have really good shooters.

Anyway, personally i don't see wade is better than prime Iverson.

ShaqAttack3234 owning n[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ggaz like good ol' days

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    They werent deep at all. Injuries killed their front court. But I'll take Wade over AI and West.
    Melo and Camby were their healthy in both of those years.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer2010
    People forget that in the days of PRIME SHAQ there was a healthy debate on who the most dominant player in the league was. People forget just how unstoppable AI was at one time. Wade has never even smelled that level of dominance.

Forget efficiency! Teams never game plan around Wade as they did around Iverson. Every team Iverson ever played, their whole game plan was to stop AI somehow. If teams played Wade like that, I doubt his career scoring average would be higher than 19 ppg. Buncha kids on these boards.
    I could only think of 3 years where I think Iverson was a top 5 player in the NBA. 2000,2001, and in 2005 "Maybe"

Wade is better, and no, it's not really close. My only thing with him though is that he ditched his GREAT midrange game he developed in 2009. Dude is the definition of a streaky shooter and that may be giving him too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Melo and Camby were their healthy in both of those years.
    Didnt Nene have cancer? Torn ACL? I'm pretty sure he was injured both of those years.

They had Carter/AI/Melo/Martin/Camby and bench of JR Smith/Kleiza/trash

Not shallow but nothing I would consider deep. Still, those teams had enough to go far.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Didnt Nene have cancer? Torn ACL? I'm pretty sure he was injured both of those years.

They had Carter/AI/Melo/Martin/Camby and bench of JR Smith/Kleiza/trash

Not shallow but nothing I would consider deep. Still, those teams had enough to go far.
    well... i see that Rodman post kept saying "Iverson never had a scorer" when he had Melo. but whatever, shits always better in the past i guess...

well... i see that Rodman post kept saying "Iverson never had a scorer" when he had Melo. but whatever, shits always better in the past i guess...
    I'm talking about prime iverson.Not 32 years old version.You don't think he was same player even he had good stats there,i guess.

Well, that Denver team wasn't championship caliber team as well. Their had major flaws at defense.

Still nothing close to Shaq & Wade or Wade,Lebron & Bosh.

Shits dont get better in past,they are just forgotten in these days..

Banned

Iverson>> D whistle. Wade has been a top 5 player for like 5 years and dude is still irrelevant as fvck.

Banned

Iverson without a doubt, clear cut leader on the team. Guy was clutch and for his size dominated other teams. Guys offense was so good we forgave his lack of defense.

Banned

ShaqAttack3234 owning n[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]ggaz like good ol' days

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purplch0de
    Iverson without a doubt, clear cut leader on the team. Guy was clutch and for his size dominated other teams. Guys offense was so good we forgave his lack of defense.
    Exactly. Put aside both their Ds and look at the offense.

AI could score AT WILL on almost any given day. Teams would constantly double, triple team him yet he would still put up 25-40+ every night. Whereas Wade would struggle on certain nights and would rely on the whistle.

Screw "efficiency." When it comes to offense, they're not even close.