Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bill Simmons: "If LeBron wants to win rings, he'll go to Oklahoma City Thunder"

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Well you've given up Thornton which immediately makes teh Clippers less desirable. That won't happen anyway. Why are Clippers renouncing one of their best young players?
    He is not one of their bext young players. He is a very athletic swingman, but thats it. He had the opportunity the past 2 seasons to showcase himself as the incumbent starting small forward. All he showed me was that he is inconsistent. He makes dumb plays and makes dumb decisions. He will be going full speed out of control to the hole and fling it up. He loves the fadeaway but he is terrible at it. Not good range either. Clipps wouldnt have a problem renouncing his rights if it were to bring in a decent player.

Saw a basketball once illastrate's Avatar

Default Re: Bill Simmons: "If LeBron wants to win rings, he'll go to Oklahoma City Thunder"

Kaman MIGHT be able to be moved for expirers, but then all of a sudden the team is missing a quality center.

Thornton is an option. you are right. You don't think they would pick that up? You think they'll just let him and his cheap contract go?

Also, the Clippers are one of the worst organizations in professional sports ever. You think Lebron's legacy is to be a Clipper? Wow....and play in the shadow of the Lakers? C'mon....I seriously doubt it.

But the question is moot, because right now, Clips won't have cap space.
    All it takes is one superstar to change a franchise. But it shouldn't matter what the Clips have done in the past, it's about moving forward. And moving forward, they have the more talented team from top to bottom than NY and NJ. Playing in the shadow of the Lakers? If LBJ goes to Clipperland, they'll eventually OVERSHADOW the Lakes.

Oh, and unloading Baron or Kaman is entirely possible. Case in point: Zach Randolph.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Clips could get it done. Bagelred seeing his life flash before his eyes ("breaking news!!")

LBJ wants to run with:

Baron/Telfair
    Gordon/Butler
    Thorton/Novak
    Griffin/Craig Smith
    Kaman/Camby

or.......

Duhon/Robinson
    ????/????
    Chandler/Gallinari
    Lee/Harrington/Hill
    ????/????

Difficult decision ;)
    LBJ to either team...

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    LBJ to either team...
    Yes, becaus Lebron has gone out of his way to make it known this offseason he is staying in Cleveland right?

Quote Originally Posted by illastrate
    All it takes is one superstar to change a franchise. But it shouldn't matter what the Clips have done in the past, it's about moving forward. And moving forward, they have the more talented team from top to bottom than NY and NJ. Playing in the shadow of the Lakers? If LBJ goes to Clipperland, they'll eventually OVERSHADOW the Lakes.

Oh, and unloading Baron or Kaman is entirely possible. Case in point: Zach Randolph.
    Yes they COULD move Baron or Kaman. Maybe. Are the Clippers going to go that route?

Clippers will always be second fiddle to the Lakers in L.A. They are the historically the worst organization in professional sports. If I were Lebron, I wouldn't want "Clippers" on my chest as my defining legacy.

It's not happening. Lebron isn't going to Clippers and they aren't going to trade Baron or Kaman.

Banned

Yes they COULD move Baron or Kaman. Maybe. Are the Clippers going to go that route?

Clippers will always be second fiddle to the Lakers in L.A. They are the historically the worst organization in professional sports. If I were Lebron, I wouldn't want "Clippers" on my chest as my defining legacy.

It's not happening. Lebron isn't going to Clippers and they aren't going to trade Baron or Kaman.
    Just think if he did ressurect that franchise the same way he did the Cavs. It would be pretty scary to think that LeBron took two of the worst franchises in NBA history and made them contenders. I suppose he could do the same with the Knicks though, adding another one of those worst franchises in the NBA to his list.

You are correct that the Clippers as stand have a better roster than the other two teams, but what you fail to mention is the thing the Nets can offer another superstar. So it becomes who does Bron wanna play with, a past his prime chucker, injury prone C, unproven SG and the likes, or Bosh, Harris, Lopez? I think i'd choose the latter.

Saw a basketball once illastrate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    You are correct that the Clippers as stand have a better roster than the other two teams, but what you fail to mention is the thing the Nets can offer another superstar. So it becomes who does Bron wanna play with, a past his prime chucker, injury prone C, unproven SG and the likes, or Bosh, Harris, Lopez? I think i'd choose the latter.
    Eric Gordon is no more unproven than Lopez, as both had fantastic rookie campaigns and made All-Rookie teams(Gordon should've made the 1st team). Hasn't Harris been injury prone the last couple of seasons? And are there any guarantees Bosh is coming? If he does, sure that makes NJ more enticing. But having Blake Griffin(the preseason consensus ROY) is pretty damn alluring as well. If Baron indeed has a bounce back year, doesn't that make LA more attractive to LeBron? I mean, LA is already a much bigger market.

A lot of what ifs and such, but speculation is all we have at this point.

Eric Gordon is no more unproven than Lopez, as both had fantastic rookie campaigns and made All-Rookie teams(Gordon should've made the 1st team). Hasn't Harris been injury prone the last couple of seasons? And are there any guarantees Bosh is coming? If he does, sure that makes NJ more enticing. But having Blake Griffin(the preseason consensus ROY) is pretty damn alluring as well. If Baron indeed has a bounce back year, doesn't that make LA more attractive to LeBron? I mean, LA is already a much bigger market.

A lot of what ifs and such, but speculation is all we have at this point.
    Of course Lopez is unproven just like Gordon. But I don't think that LAC is as enticing because first off LeBron would be a second class player in LA because of the Lakers. And their roster while young has a couple of rough spots because of age. BDiddy is old, Camby is old, Kaman is extremely fragile and nobody to replace them at this point.

I only see LeBron choosing NJN if he and Bosh/Wade/Amare/Johnson have a deal to sign there together.

LBJ on the Nets would be a pretty good look if they indeed have enough cap space so sign two players.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    LBJ on the Nets would be a pretty good look if they indeed have enough cap space so sign two players.
    They do becaue they are at 17ish million for 2010, and the cap is said to be around 50. That leaves about 33 million in cap aka 2 max deals plus some spare change.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    They do becaue they are at 17ish million for 2010, and the cap is said to be around 50. That leaves about 33 million in cap aka 2 max deals plus some spare change.
    Not with cap holds.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Not with cap holds.
    But you can renounce your own free agents. And then, no more cap holds.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

If he makes the Clippers into champions, he will have the greatest legacy in ALL of sports.

Decent college freshman

lmao @ fuccin simmons