Default Raptors top 10 team in power rankings

nba.com: http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/
    Toronto (16-16)
    Pace: 95.1 (23), OffRtg: 102.8 (14), DefRtg: 100.6 (7), NetRtg: +2.3 (10)
    Though the Raptors came up empty in the fourth quarter in Miami on Sunday, it was a continuation of their post-Rudy-Gay legitimacy tour, which has featured wins over the teams with the best record in each conference. Their starting lineup has been about 20 points per 100 possessions better with Terrence Ross in Rudy Gay's place. And after a visit to Indy, their schedule eases up quite a bit.
    This week: @ IND, vs. DET, vs. BKN
    ESPN (Marc Stein): http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings
    Can they really just give Kyle Lowry away in a tank trade when he's playing this well? Even if they tried, could they lose enough in the final 50 games to work their way into the top five of the lottery? Gotta be tempting for the Raps, after just two playoff berths in the past 12 seasons, to ride this wave.
    Hollinger Power Ranking: 9th

Default Re: Raptors top 10 team in power rankings

#9!? We don't need to tank anymore

Never thought I'd live to see this day.

Is this real life? Can we really sustain this play?

I'm enjoying it for however long it last. This team is fun right now. I'm fully off the tank bandwagon.

Bucks - historically bad, a sad joke.
    Magic - young, lacking depth and scoring talent.
    Sixers - blatantly tanking.
    Cavs - they have Deng now, and Bennett may get more frontcourt minutes and prove to be less of a bust.
    Celtics - Rondo is injured, so they suck.
    Bulls - Rose out for season again, Deng traded for Bynum, Bynum going to be waived. They're tanking this season now I think, justifiably with Rose out again, wouldn't surprise me to see Boozer traded too.
    Nets and Knicks - both bewilderingly awful, I honestly thought both these teams would be top 5 in the East this year. Brook Lopez out for season doesn't help the Nets, and now Deron Williams hurt? And I see now the Knicks are paper thin and dysfunctional.

Hawks - Horford out for season, bound to fall.
    Pistons - I expect them to improve as the season goes on.
    Charlotte - No longer a joke.
    Wizards - I expect them to improve as the season goes on. Frankly they have more talent than us.

It's just really damn hard to be one of the worst in the East when literally only two teams have their shit together and haven't had a franchise player go down for the season. I realize things can change quickly in the NBA, but right now it looks like we're making the playoffs. The question is do you resign Lowry at the end of this season? Or maybe this hot streak by the Raps cools off, and trading him becomes an option again? This is a weird year in the East. Making the playoffs will feel nice, but the East won't be this bad forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    Never thought I'd live to see this day.

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

They'll make the playoffs, maybe win a round against some joke of a team, lose Lowry to free agency, have an awful draft, and suck next year when there is nobody worth tanking for.

Optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain
    They'll make the playoffs, maybe win a round against some joke of a team, lose Lowry to free agency, have an awful draft, and suck next year when there is nobody worth tanking for.

Optimism!
    You mean sarcasm ?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain

Optimism!
    Counterpoint old friend...

We will make playoffs, go 7 games against the competition and either win or loose.

Klow will resign here for $40Million and 4 years (Derozan Money + vet premium) because surprisingly there is good depth at PG in the league with a number of strong draft pick PGs that will be much less expensive for teams needing one.

Further we will exercise options on Amir, Salmons, and qualify Vasq and Big P.

M.U. will somehow :

1) Offset that by unloading Landry Fields (Lakers, Heat, Nets, Mavs, Bulls) and

2) take the 18th pick this year, the 8th next year (Knicks for Barges), and 18th next year and trade up into the top 7 draft picks this year and 2 2nd rounders in 2017/2018. Terrence Ross to other team required to close the deal (Cavs?).

3) We land Wiggens <or insert here> as our PG is settled with Klow and Vasq. and our big men are as well with Val, Big P, TH, Amir.

By the end of 2015 with Hayes, Camby, Fields, Ross, Daye off the cap space Vasq and Big P can come to terms on a winning franchise. Add back a top 7 pick and another alternate big... a reduction for Salmons we enter 2016 with approx 9 Million in cap space.

We host next seasons 2015 All star game and go two rounds deep into 2015 2016 playoffs.

Optimism
    Last edited by Jballer; 01-08-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Just a small correction, the Knicks are hosting the 2015 ASG, we're hosting in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    You mean sarcasm ?
    I meant optimism, but my optimism is sarcastic.
    Last edited by Chamberlain; 01-09-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Now that's optimism Jballer!

Local High School Star

LOL

That is "sunshine blowing through my...."

But I will go on record now. I predict MLSE will (try):

1) Klow will resign as a free agent in TO.
    There is a large population of very competent PG and of course the talent in the draft coming. The team(s) that would be 'desparate' for his services because of injuries to their primary stars etc are Chicago, Brooklyn, Knicks cant really grab him with cap issues.
    I think MLSE will offer - KLow wil get 4 Years $40Mill (Derozan plus a vet premium) to 4 Years $48 Mill (Iggy to Golden State Money)
    Frankly only Klow not wanting to stay with Toronto for personal reasons would scuttle this deal.

2) I do think we will option Amir for good citizenship. I think there is a chance that MLSE will option Salmons for 1 more year unless he agrees to a 3 year $15M deal for job security.

3) They will tender QO on Vasq and Big P