Home of the 16

Default Why is Jerome Williams in every one of these high-profile NBA events?

I've always thought he was Jay Williams every time I'd see that face of his, was never sure, but I knew he played ball. I took a wild guess of going into BR's 2004 Raptors & there I clicked on familiar names (took wild guesses & thought he was Michael Curry or Rod Strickland in that roster) & there, holy shit (I knew there was a reason why I thought of the '04 Raptors!), couldn't believe I found him. Anyway, it's so strange for a guy with his "star-power" getting all these seats. Who is hooking him up? Lebron? VC? The Raptors? The Bulls? The Knicks?

I'm now looking at his previous salaries, raked in about 50m in his career. I'd say that's impressive for a guy like him. $$$ well spent, I guess.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 02-29-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Default Re: Why is Jerome Williams in every one of these high-profile NBA events?

Random story, but met this guy near a clothing aisle at a Sears store when I was like 10. Didn't really know who the hell he was.

Default Re: Why is Jerome Williams in every one of these high-profile NBA events?

Junkyard Dog!!
    I was also surprised to see him front row at all these events, but then I remembered that he is an NBA (cares) ambassador, which probably gets him certain privileges. Good for him.

Banned

close ties with raptors as well and just an overall good guy

JYD came to the league at the perfect time. Not sure if there are any markets for undersized tweener forwards with no 3pt shot and a shaky jumpshot. Sure he hustled and rebounded well, but I can't even remember him being a good defender.

Remember when the Raptors rolled out Antonio Davis, Keon Clark, JYD, Alvin Williams and Vince Carter. Offense was ugly but everyone worked hard to get Carter 2nd, 3rd possessions.