Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is Wade losing his focus?

Look, I love Wade. He and Jordan are neck and neck my all-time favorite athletes, no doubt about it. Wade brought my team a championship with an all-time great performance and he is a great person.

But when you follow an athlete's career, you scrutinize that player a bit more than the average fan. And I have to honestly say I am worried about DWade, the baller. (not the person)

Wade seems to be really getting into the fashion world these days. Last year, Wade had a solid year... not a great year. He played well but was not as dominant as other years. Sure, LeBron has a lot to do with it but I see Wade kind of playing down a little to help LeBron fit and I think that has Wade thinking he can coast a little more than usual.

Wade's temper tantrums were not good in the finals. Wade also needs to stop complaining about fouls and get back on defense. Sometimes he loses his composure a bit too much for someone of his caliber.

These things are easily correctable but it shows a passivity towards discipline that is a little concerning.

When Wade was injured in his 4th year, he worked hard with trainer Tim Grover to come back in tip-top condition. He put MIA on his back all year and had his best season, even winning a scoring title and getting multiple 50+ point games. He looked good.

Since then? He seemingly has not been in prime condition entering camp, starting a little slower every year (sure, this year he had an injury so maybe that was it). And he had no 50 point games this year.

So yeah there is a pattern of slippage, albeit minor.

Now ,if you have ever followed the Rocky series, you know Rocky 3 was the story of the athlete that falls because of overconfidence. Rocky stopped training as hard and spent his time with endorsement people and training half-heartedly.

I feel Wade is at that point right now where if he doesn't choose the right things he will fail at the most important thing in his life... his game.

This video illustrates my point:
    VIDEO

Now, I hope I am just a paranoid fan, but if Wade stops working his ass off, at 6'4, he can lose his agility and penetration game very quickly and without an improving jumpshot he can Iverson his way to mediocrity faster than some would expect.

Good luck Wade.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Default Re: Is Wade losing his focus?

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Look, I love Wade. He and Jordan are neck and neck my all-time favorite athletes, no doubt about it. Wade brought my team a championship with an all-time great performance and he is a great person.

But when you follow an athlete's career, you scrutinize that player a bit more than the average fan. And I have to honestly say I am worried about DWade, the baller. (not the person)

Wade seems to be really getting into the fashion world these days. Last year, Wade had a solid year... not a great year. He played well but was not as dominant as other years. Sure, LeBron has a lot to do with it but I see Wade kind of playing down a little to help LeBron fit and I think that has Wade thinking he can coast a little more than usual.

Wade's temper tantrums were not good in the finals. Wade also needs to stop complaining about fouls and get back on defense. Sometimes he loses his composure a bit too much for someone of his caliber.

These things are easily correctable but it shows a passivity towards discipline that is a little concerning.

When Wade was injured in his 4th year, he worked hard with trainer Tim Grover to come back in tip-top condition. He put MIA on his back all year and had his best season, even winning a scoring title and getting multiple 50+ point games. He looked good.

Since then? He seemingly has not been in prime condition entering camp, starting a little slower every year (sure, this year he had an injury so maybe that was it). And he had no 50 point games this year.

So yeah there is a pattern of slippage, albeit minor.

Now ,if you have ever followed the Rocky series, you know Rocky 3 was the story of the athlete that falls because of overconfidence. Rocky stopped training as hard and spent his time with endorsement people and training half-heartedly.

I feel Wade is at that point right now where if he doesn't choose the right things he will fail at the most important thing in his life... his game.

This video illustrates my point:
    VIDEO

Now, I hope I am just a paranoid fan, but if Wade stops working his ass off, at 6'4, he can lose his agility and penetration game very quickly and without an improving jumpshot he can Iverson his way to mediocrity faster than some would expect.

Good luck Wade.
    Wade was owning in the Finals until LeChoke decided to not help out

Yeah, he was but then... he wasn't.
    Wade had a good series in the finals, but not a great one.
    And that Chicago series was not great either.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Wade has been modelling for a while now, you are late on this one. it's the Offseason too, you can't tell a grown man what to do with his life. Last thing lebron and bosh numbers dropped too, so your post is reaching for shit that is not there. he doesn't have to score 50 points anymore for them to win, thats the luxury he has, hell he even doesn't have to play hard in the regular season, all he has to do is get ready for the playoffs. when he was scoring 50 points in 09/10 he was being eliminated in the 1st rounds and getting injured all the time. Give the dude a break..

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    Wade has been modelling for a while now, you are late on this one. it's the Offseason too, you can't tell a grown man what to do with his life. Last thing lebron and bosh numbers dropped too, so your post is reaching for shit that is not there. he doesn't have to score 50 points anymore for them to win, thats the luxury he has, hell he even doesn't have to play hard in the regular season, all he has to do is get ready for the playoffs. when he was scoring 50 points in 09/10 he was being eliminated in the 1st rounds, getting injured all the time. Give the dude a break..
    "you can't tell a grown man what to do with his life"
    where am I telling him what to do? I have an opinion that is all.

But you just made my argument stronger with your talk. I appreciate that.

Decent college freshman

he does seem to coast a little . . .

and he wasn't that much better than Lebron in fourth quarters in the finals but somehow did not get nearly as much criticism

NBA lottery pick

Dude is 29. I don't even think this guy will even reach the 20,000 point club.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller

Do you think it's fair to assess Wade on his lack of 50 point games when he had the help of Lebron James and Chris Bosh this season?

This season Wade had his second highest TS% of his career since the 06-07 season (10-11: .581, 06-07: .583) and had his highest eFG% season ever. So it's not a matter of efficiency, just a case that he's not being relied on to carry the offense as much as he used to.

That was the only thing that I could argue in your post.

Very good NBA starter

Remember when he came into training camp out of shape and fat in the beginning of the 09-10 season. Even Riley called him out.

Yeah most fans noticed that, if he put his shit together and played hard, he could have a 28\5\5 season next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Yeah most fans noticed that, if he put his shit together and played hard, he could have a 28\5\5 season next year.

Age.

I watched that video again and I'm sorry but being rich and wearing nice clothes does not make a person a fashion icon. Tyson Beckford, Tyra Banks, Gianni Versace... those are fashion icons.

Wade? He is just a rich guy into fashion. Big difference.

Dunking on everybody in the park shaq's--lakers's Avatar

Take it easy Wade fans...........Kobe also lost his first finals without the Diesel.

Wade will win another finals MVP and tie Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Dude is 29. I don't even think this guy will even reach the 20,000 point club.
    He doesn't have much mileage tho and it shows in his game he's still crazy athletic

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

305 baller, what does fashion have to with basketball?

why even bring up wade's attire?

for the record, are you a guy?