Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Kobe's actually right on pace with jordan in shot attempts for points

shot attempts:
    3. Michael Jordan* 24537
    4. Kobe Bryant 24374

4. Kobe Bryant 31700

kobe is 163 shots behind jordan

going by kobes career field goal attempts per game average. he's on pace to pass jordan in 9 games

kobe is 592 points behind jordan

going by kobes career points per game average. he's on pace to pass jordan in 22 games

is that all that shooting 50% career vs 45% career means?

being 13-14 games ahead?

meh

Banned

Default Re: Kobe's actually right on pace with jordan in shot attempts for points

btw just noticed i went from 8 red bars down to 1 red bar in the last few months

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_8nAvU0T5Y#t=3m25s

Default Re: Kobe's actually right on pace with jordan in shot attempts for points

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    btw just noticed i went from 8 red bars down to 1 red bar in the last few months

Yeah only because we can't neg anymore you dumbass

Just put you in green lol

Also signed my rep as moe94.

So basically more longevity points for Kobe, who also has the most MISSED FG attempts in history.

The difference between sub 45 and 50% in a game per game basis matters, btw.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 09-23-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Damn I thought the gap would be bigger.. MJ overrated or is Kobe underrated? I'm going with the latter.

i guess shooting a ton of contested threes with horrible shot selection is what made up for everything.

and people said it was a weakness

but in reality

hit 34% of your shots behind the arc. and you score more than a guy making 50% of his shots from 2pt range

so in reality. those 5000 threes kobe took that dipped his field goal percentage were actually worth over 50% fg's worth of points

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    So basically more longevity points for Kobe, who also has the most MISSED FG attempts in history.

The difference between sub 45 and 50% in a game per game basis matters, btw.

no its not due to longevity

its a point per shot stat.

field goal% obviously doesnt matter if you hit thousands of more three pointers

the efficiency is nearly the same

Dunking on everybody in the park

The true shooting percentage for Michael Jordan is 56.9 and Kobe Bryant is 55.5, so they are only separated by 1.4%. Their effective shooting percentage is Jordan at 51% and Kobe at 49% for two point fga's.

Their points per shot for their career are almost identical with a slight edge to Michael Jordan at 1.32 to Kobe's 1.30.

The main difference is that Jordan drove more to the basket and Kobe took about three more three-point field-goal attempts per game, which is why there's a bigger discrepancy in field-goal percentage. They went about scoring slightly differently.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 09-23-2014 at 02:37 PM.

This dude always tripping balls in every thread. Why can't you be more like DonDadda59? Learn to control you aggression and channel your energy towards something positive.

All I'm providing is clarity, kiddo. Does that anger you?

Meh, anything with totals is amassed by longevity.

Kobe also has THE most missed shots in history. Nobody active is even on his radar.

I think he meant longetivity as in maintaining your peak play for a long period of time. Jordan's point per shot stat dropped some because of his below average season shooting with the Wizards in his late 30s/ early 40s.

Lets see Kobe stats in a few years when he turns 38-39 years old (if he can even manage to play that long)

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    I think he meant longetivity as in maintaining your peak play for a long period of time. Jordan's point per shot stat dropped some because of his below average season shooting with the Wizards in his late 30s/ early 40s.

Lets see Kobe stats in a few years when he turns 38-39 years old (if he can even manage to play that long)
    Kobe Bryant already has more wear and tear on him from playing more seasons in the NBA and having played significantly more minutes than Michael Jordan in his career, not to mention having to overcome one of the most difficult injuries in sports.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    The true shooting percentage for Michael Jordan is 56.9 and Kobe Bryant is 55.5, so they are only separated by 1.4%. Their effective shooting percentage is Jordan at 51% and Kobe at 49% for two point fga's.

Their points per shot for their career are almost identical with a slight edge to Michael Jordan at 1.32 to Kobe's 1.30.

The main difference is that Jordan drove more to the basket and Kobe took about three more three-point field-goal attempts per game, which is why there's a bigger discrepancy in field-goal percentage. They went about scoring slightly differently.

so in the end. jordan only averaged 4.5 more points cause he shot more 4 more times per game

and with kobes points per shot. even with 45% if he took the exact same shots per game as jordan. he would have averaged 30ppg ( or barely under that )

big deal MJ stans.

Banned

What about comparing Kobe to LeBron? I'd wager LeBron will need much less attempts to surpass Kobe

Jordan in terns of ts% wasnt that impressive due to 2 point fgs, But LeBron is a better 3 point shooter than even Kobe. He made 41% last year and 38% this year.

Kobe typically needs 5 more shots a game to get the same points as LeBron, so when LeBron surpasses Kobe's totals I think he'll do it at like 1000-2000 less shots

See.. there you go again. DonDadda59 raised you better than that! Disappoint.
    What's the obsession w/ DonDadda? Did he boss you in your Kobe threads, too?