Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good college starter

Default Re: Hakim Warrick agrees to sign with the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    The Bucks had plenty of opportunities to get away from the luxury tax level but they didn't. They're right up against it. They probably won't be able to match any offers for Sessions due to it.
    At least they have another high draft pick coming in. And with Jennings there Sessions would've ended up being a 5 million dollar per season backup in a year or so.

I'll definitely say this much. The Bucks front office is doing a much better job right now than the Bulls/Warriors crews.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Eh, watch the Bucks trade him by the start of next season.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    awesome deal. I really like Hakim Warrick and I really like the Bucks so this works for me. The poor bucks are just stacked with servicable, not exceptional guys. Hakim will be a good sleeper fantasy pick this year.
    Maybe in a league with 30 teams. What numbers are you expecting to put up that would be worthwhile in a normal 10-12 team league?

Sixers offered more money and he's from here! Jackass...

The 76ers got the call a little before 2 p.m. They fell short in their attempt to add unrestricted free agent Hakim Warrick to their roster.

A source familiar with the situation confirmed that the 6-9 Warrick, a onetime star at Friends Central, has agreed to the terms of a one-year contract with the Milwaukee Bucks. Warrick, via agent Bill Duffy, is believed to have accepted a deal worth $3 million, even though the Sixers supposedly offered slightly more, dipping in to a portion of their $5.8 million mid-level exception.

I am Chris Wilcox

It's a shame that Hak is no longer a Grizz, he was our last playoff player and it's sad to see him go, especially to a team that's not a contender. However, Hak is very inconsistent. One game he'll be doing everything and looking fantastic, then, in the next game, he won't do a damn thing. Either way, you should be happy with him. He can play the 4 and the 3 and is a good cutter and fantastic finisher. Doesn't have many post moves, if any at all and due to his small frame gets pushed around a bit on D in the post. As long as you don't expect much from him, then you should be fine.

10-12 points per game and around 5-7 rebounds per game is what he should be able to put up.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    well with that being said i guess that PT was the deciding factor.....and that he's a dumbass.

He could've went to a contender for less money or he could've went to an almost contending team / hometown team for more money, yet he chooses the bottom feeding team while taking less than he could have if he wouldve went to phili

i'd fire my agent if i were him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    well with that being said i guess that PT was the deciding factor.....and that he's a dumbass.

He could've went to a contender for less money or he could've went to an almost contending team / hometown team for more money, yet he chooses the bottom feeding team while taking less than he could have if he wouldve went to phili

i'd fire my agent if i were him
    Its a smart move.

Milwaukee offers him a better opportunity to start and earn more money in FA next year.

Going elsewhere and playing 10-12 MPG as a reserve while making 1/2 of the money he will make next season would not have been smart for him to do.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Its a smart move.

Milwaukee offers him a better opportunity to start and earn more money in FA next year.

Going elsewhere and playing 10-12 MPG as a reserve while making 1/2 of the money he will make next season would not have been smart for him to do.
    no it's not.

Phili offered more money
    Phili has a better chance of contending
    Phili is his hometown team

idk about you guys but if that was the situation then i wouldve sign with my hometown oh well

good luck in Milwaukee

NBA Finals

Its a smart move.

no it's not.

Phili offered more money

idk about you guys but if that was the situation then i wouldve sign with my hometown oh well

good luck in Milwaukee

Banned

no it's not.

Phili offered more money

good luck in Milwaukee
    Philly offered more money, but he would've been playing fewer minutes.

They already have Brand, Speights, Dalembert, Smith in their front court. He'd basically be nothing more than a back-up to Thaddeus Young at SF.

In Milwaukee Warrick starts at PF over guys like Johnson, Ilyasova, or Alexander.

NBA Finals

Philly offered more money, but he would've been playing fewer minutes.

They already have Brand, Speights, Dalembert, Smith in their front court. He'd basically be nothing more than a back-up to Thaddeus Young at SF.

In Milwaukee Warrick starts at PF over guys like Johnson, Ilyasova, or Alexander.
    i see your point but what good is it to start on a team that wont win anything, when you can go to your hometown team and at least have a chance at winning something? i mean at least you'd make the playoffs in Phili. In Milwaukee they'll be fighting for lottery position.

No disrespect the the Bucks though, i have nothing against them. I just dont see why he'd chose Milwaukee over Phili

Banned

i see your point but what good is it to start on a team that wont win anything, when you can go to your hometown team and at least have a chance at winning something? i mean at least you'd make the playoffs in Phili. In Milwaukee they'll be fighting for lottery position.
    Philadelphia isnt winning anything, they arent winning a NBA Championship, and there is no gurantee they wont be in the Lottery next season along with Milwaukee.

No disrespect the the Bucks though, i have nothing against them. I just dont see why he'd chose Milwaukee over Phili
    Better opportunity, he realized with a good season on a bad Milwaukee team he has a better chance of making more than $3 Million next season, than he does coming off of the bench for the 76ers playing 15 MPG.

Warrick did good in Memphis, he just isnt an attractive basketball player because hes a tweener Forward with no scoring upside whos already 27.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    At least they have another high draft pick coming in. And with Jennings there Sessions would've ended up being a 5 million dollar per season backup in a year or so.

I'll definitely say this much. The Bucks front office is doing a much better job right now than the Bulls/Warriors crews.
    eh? Bucks drafted a bum, sign warrick and lose Jefferson...Bulls drafted well with James Johnson(underrated) and got rid of a defensive blackhole in Gordon, think you need to think before you write...

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246

Well, with a one-year deal, Warrick is probably looking to show off his talents for another contract.

He'll get more PT playing for the Bucks.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Wow he signed for 3 milli. Grizzlies offered him 3 milli also. I guess he wanted more minutes.