Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Default Re: Put LeBron on the 91 bulls at the same age as Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I don't think Pippen and LeBron would play well together at all. They are very similar in terms of game. The defense would be insane still, but again offensively I think they are too similar.
    This.

In my opinion, Bron is on another level than Pippen scoring the rock. Hell look at the numbers! Bron averages 27.6 points for his career! Bron's scoring dominance is CLEARLY alpha dog, Batman, number one option shit. Now if u prefer Dirk, Kobe, Durant, or Melo more as a alpha dog type then that's completely fine. But Bron is a dominant scorer nonetheless. And as great as MJ and Wade are defensively, the thing Pippen and Bron can do in tandem defense would be on another level. Both can check 1-4 and Bron can even check certain 5's. Pippen would also be the most willing great passer Bron has ever played with. Phil Jackson would also make it a point for Bron to be dominant on the block in the Triangle offense. I think Bron in place of MJ has a great chance of getting as many rings as MJ did. Not saying he's a better fit than MJ, it's just the level of player Lebron happens to be!

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he'd probably get the team more involved than mj

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    In my opinion, Bron is on another level than Pippen scoring the rock. Hell look at the numbers! Bron averages 27.6 points for his career! Bron's scoring dominance is CLEARLY alpha dog, Batman, number one option shit. Now if u prefer Dirk, Kobe, Durant, or Melo more as a alpha dog type then that's completely fine. But Bron is a dominant scorer nonetheless. And as great as MJ and Wade are defensively, the thing Pippen and Bron can do in tandem defense would be on another level. Both can check 1-4 and Bron can even check certain 5's. Pippen would also be the most willing great passer Bron has ever played with. Phil Jackson would also make it a point for Bron to be dominant on the block in the Triangle offense. I think Bron in place of MJ has a great chance of getting as many rings as MJ did. Not saying he's a better fit than MJ, it's just the level of player Lebron happens to be!
    yeah, Lebron can defend C's in TODAY'S league. Is he going to guard Ewing? Shaq? LOL. He would be exposed.

LeBron and Pippen are not as good as a match as Jordan and Pippen. Or heck why don;t we just make it Jordan and LeBron. That would be sick.

Saw a basketball once Lebronn23's Avatar

15 Rings

Quote Originally Posted by -23-
    yeah, Lebron can defend C's in TODAY'S league. Is he going to guard Ewing? Shaq? LOL. He would be exposed.
    I SAID SOME CENTERS! I didn't say every center. Take Zo for example, Bron is only an inch shorter and weighs just as much. Every center in the L now OR then isn't a threat scoring the rock, hitting the boards, blocking shots, etc. So YES Bron can defend SOME C's! U do realize that Sam Perkins was listed as a center at times in that era! U do realize centers like Vlade Divac are more finesse face up centers! U do realize Bron is 260 pounds, he weighs just as much and even more than even Ewing, Robinson, or Hakeem at their peaks! Once again I'm not saying he could defend every center every possesion. But in terms of less dominant centers or backup centers, HELL YA Bron can defend them!
    Last edited by bizil; 08-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Great post, I agree. Lebron, btw, has the 3rd highest ppg average in history after Jordan and Wilt. It's crazy how people underrate him as a scorer.

Considering Lebron lost with HCA 3 years in a row and was even down 3-2 with HCA this year while MJ never lost with HCA and was only down 1-0 with HCA and was always up at least 2-1, 3-2 with it then I am confident Lebron doesn't win with those Bulls teams. Not to mention he still hasn't carried a franchise that never won anything prior to him arriving to a title like MJ did. Lebron needed a guy who got it done as the man already to win.

I usually hit open layups 10x91= 5 Rings's Avatar

the question should be...could lebron handle flying bad boy elbows and knicks going for the hunt or would he shrink and be scared???

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Why would he make that a point? Lebron still has nothing special in the post. Pippen just like Wade would still be the better player in the post. Lebron still has shown nothing consistent in the post and by 1992 Pippen had a solid post game and as both can't dominate the ball I'd say you'd see Pippen in the post more than you would see Lebron (unless he improves immensely) as Pippen is frankly just a far more accomplished post player. All Lebron does is go to a turn around where as Pippen had an array of moves he could go to in the post. He had a very underrated and under appreciated post game that was under utilized as he had to initiate the offense at the top of the key. Either way Pippen had a solid post game by his 5th season. Lebron just finished his 9th season and still is nothing special in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Lebron youngest scorer to reach 1000,2000,5000,10000,15000,xx... you get the point...
    You mean the point that he entered the NBA at 18 and had a big headstart? Yeah.

B/c of his style, I feel like LeBron would do VERY well with that Bulls team. I can see him getting like 4 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Why would he make that a point? Lebron still has nothing special in the post. Pippen just like Wade would still be the better player in the post. Lebron still has shown nothing consistent in the post and by 1992 Pippen had a solid post game and as both can't dominate the ball I'd say you'd see Pippen in the post more than you would see Lebron (unless he improves immensely) as Pippen is frankly just a far more accomplished post player. All Lebron does is go to a turn around where as Pippen had an array of moves he could go to in the post. He had a very underrated and under appreciated post game that was under utilized as he had to initiate the offense at the top of the key. Either way Pippen had a solid post game by his 5th season. Lebron just finished his 9th season and still is nothing special in the post.
    Phil has a way of getting the best outta of his guys. MJ's post game improved over time and the older he got. With Bron's size, athletic ability, the traingle offense, and passing ability, Phil I'm sure would have wanted to see Bron in the post more. I realize Bron doesn't have the most polished offensive post game. But in terms of passing from the post and IMPROVING with age over time at the technical aspects, Bron over time could evolve. U gotta realize Bron is only 27 years old. MJ was better in the post in his mid 30's than he was earlier in his career. And as good as Pippen is on the block, Bron has more upside on the block. And by the way Pip was underutilized cause MJ was occupying that SF style post spot. MJ himself said overtime he played more as a SF in that triangle offense. Bron is actually beginning to go to the post more as it is.

Some of you posters on here are real finicky when it comes to shit. Why wouldn't Phil encourage Lebron to be on the block more. And encourage him to expand on that for the good of the team. Once again, MJ at 27 was not as technically sound as MJ in his mid 30's. Phil started coaching MJ in his 20's and was there to see the evolution at 35 years old. What MJ lost in athletic ability he gained in knowledge and technical skill. The post was an area where that evolution was DAMN evident. Bron is my book has Magic Johnson style upside on the block.
    Last edited by bizil; 08-23-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Banned

0 rings.

LeBron is a choker and isn't clutch. That Bulls team needed a 4th quarter and big game assassin. LeBron had a lucky year last year with all the injuries and shortened season. They guy should have zero rings right now.