Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: And then Pippen did this...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Yeah, that was some "Laker Troll" style fabricating right there.
    97 Bulls is a trip. He's always rational right up until Pippen is discussed.
    What irrational? Im not comparing pippen to jordan. Its just silly to say pippen couldnt have been a franchise player.

Its not irrational to say pippen wasn't a franchise player cuz he didn't lead the 94 bulls to a championship without a suitable replacement for jordan? Even more to imply that toni kukoc as a rookie and pete myers were suitable and thus making the assumption that those two combined equal jordan?

Or that he is a franchise player cuz he didn't score enough? Even though jackson and tex wintr and john bach said pippens scoring was by design and that he could've avg 25-26 ppg but it would've been at the expense of wins? Not to mention is it not irrantional to dismiss his not scoring more to the stamina it takes to be your teams best rebounder, defender, offensive play caller, passer, help defender etc? What other 25 ppg scorer has ever been asked to do the same? The only other player capable of that was jordan.

Or to knock his not being able to beat the knicks who took the bulls to seven games with jordan?

It isn't irrational to try to compare the mid 90s statistics to the 80s statistics when the avg 80s team took almost 800 more shots per year? And played at a different tempo?

You guys are being irrational

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Good points. And I like Pip, so I won't lay into him too bad (you guys made all the good points earlier anyway). But I will say, we've already saw what happens when Pip is a team's focal point. He gets frustrated and shrinks under pressure.
    This is an agenda post. At no point during pippen tenure with the bulls would I say he shrunk under pressure. And often he came through under pressure. His itting out that play was not him wilting under pressure, but showing that he wanted to take the shot. How can you call that folding under pressure? He was mad cuz he wasn't able to take the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    I know ... it's so funny.

Weird too, for someone who claims to be SUCH a Bulls fan, does he not realize Pippen at multiple points in his career begged to be traded because his dumb ass signed stupid contracts because of personal insecurities (almost got traded for Shawn Kemp in '94 and '95) and willingly left a team that could've competed for a ring in 1999 in the shortened season because he was bitter about WHAT exactly?

Instead went to super club Houston which didn't match his playing style, where he proceeded to look very mortal. Stand in the corner and do nothing for multiple offensive stretches at a time?
    Another agenda post. Who gives a shit about his financial decisions? And its clear and well documneted that krause broke up the bulls after 98. You call yourself a bulls fan?

It took Pippen 18 shots to get 22 points while playing with Jordan if he averaged 25 points he wouldn't efficient

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I just wish he could've had five years leading the bulls. There's no doubt he wins an mvp and dpoy. While leading a team to a championship

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    It took Pippen 18 shots to get 22 points while playing with Jordan if he averaged 25 points he wouldn't efficient
    He did shoot 49%. But I do agree his efficiency would suffer.