Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: charles barkley or david robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by references
    does he have a big head? yes. is he obese? clearly. is he a tool? does he say stupid stuff on national television? does he sound like a moron? yes! is barkley your father? if not then why are you going so hard for some man who does not know you exist? because you saw him play when you were a kid?
    Dude you're insulting one of the greatest players of all time on the internet like a petulant child. It's a bad look.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Dude you're insulting one of the greatest players of all time on the internet like a petulant child. It's a bad look.
    he's just a man like you or I. quit putting him on a pedestal because you sound like a vag

I would take DRob over Barkley, easily.

* Dominant two-way player >> dominant one way player.

* David's conditioning was superb, Barkley's... lets not open this door.

* David was a perfect teammate (did a wonderful job mentoring Duncan too), Barkley was a basket case.

* Center is more valuable position than PF.

I literally cant think of why would anyone pick Barkley over DRob.

Home of the 16

I don't give a shit how many championships Robinson won as an older player riding Duncan's coattails. If Barkley had Duncan on his team he would have won at least two. Barkley was more of a prime time player than Robinson. Robinson shrunk often when the lights got too bright.
    Reminds me of Kobe in Game 7's. But I have yet to see it from an analytical standpoint (from what kind of shots he takes, where & how he takes these kind of shots, the % of every Mamba tendencies) of how & why he apparently chokes every do or die moments -- No, I'm not talking about being clutch during crunch times.

Someone give it to me.

I don't give a shit how many championships Robinson won as an older player riding Duncan's coattails. If Barkley had Duncan on his team he would have won at least two. Barkley was more of a prime time player than Robinson. Robinson shrunk often when the lights got too bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    * David was a perfect teammate (did a wonderful job mentoring Duncan too), Barkley was a basket case.
    This is important...Robinson was often a beta when the lights got bright. Dennis Rodman said David got stage fright all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_6/8
    This is important...Robinson was often a beta when the lights got bright. Dennis Rodman said David got stage fright all the time.
    DRob's performance on the biggest stage in his prime was hardly worse than Barkley's offensively, and much, much better defensively.

Thats fine if David isnt the closer, plenty of wings to fill that spot. Do YOU want Barkley anchoring the defense? Selection of All-time great defensive bigs is much more rare than great offensive wings.

barkley the better player but I'll take robinson for defense

NBA lottery pick

Barkley wasn't even better offensively than D. Rob (30 PPG with 5 assist PEAK), but then you look at defense and there's a monstrous gap there. Outside of that, I believe people are saying Robinson shrank in big moments mainly because of that one Hakeem series, but if you actually look at their career H2H you'd see that they are actually very even. It's a shame that The Admiral won't ever get the credit he deserves because of one series when his peak form was one of the most complete and dominant basketball players of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Barkley wasn't even better offensively than D. Rob (30 PPG with 5 assist PEAK), but then you look at defense and there's a monstrous gap there. Outside of that, I believe people are saying Robinson shrank in big moments mainly because of that one Hakeem series, but if you actually look at their career H2H you'd see that they are actually very even. It's a shame that The Admiral won't ever get the credit he deserves because of one series when his peak form was one of the most complete and dominant basketball players of all time.

Other series he shrink too but people acting like Barkley was clutch player though. Dude lost against the rockets even though he had way better team lol.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    Other series he shrink too but people acting like Barkley was clutch player though. Dude lost against the rockets even though he had way better team lol.
    Didn't he lose when he was up 3-1 or some shit? Not sure if the same series, but I know he lost some series' when he should of won.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    DRob's performance on the biggest stage in his prime was hardly worse than Barkley's offensively, and much, much better defensively.

Thats fine if David isnt the closer, plenty of wings to fill that spot. Do YOU want Barkley anchoring the defense? Selection of All-time great defensive bigs is much more rare than great offensive wings.
    Agreed lol, David's defense is much more valuable than anything Charles offers

Decent college freshman

Didn't he lose when he was up 3-1 or some shit? Not sure if the same series, but I know he lost some series' when he should of won.
    He lost in '94 after being up 2-0 with Games 3 & 4 at Home. He lost in '95 after being up 3-1 with Games 5 & 7 at Home. Barkley was a better Playoff Performer IMO but those were 2 massive chokes and if he wins 1 of those series he potentially has a Ring.

Robinson's Regular Season Numbers were great but his play dipped in multiple Playoff Series.

Both 94 and 95 series they was up. 94 they was up 2-0 and 95 3-1. Barkley had 3 game losing streak in each of those series. Plus lost a game 7 on his home floor The Suns just won the West with the same core in 93.

NBA Superstar

Kids dont get it.

Barkley was on a different level than Robinson his entire career, being compared to MJ, Robinson was battling with Ewing for shine.

This comparison is laughable and a great example of how statistics and how a player ends his career can confuse those who weren't around to see it.

Barkley was second only to MJ in his prime.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Kids dont get it.

Barkley was on a different level than Robinson his entire career, being compared to MJ, Robinson was battling with Ewing for shine.

This comparison is laughable and a great example of how statistics and how a player ends his career can confuse those who weren't around to see it.

Barkley was second only to MJ in his prime.
    they were both top 5 in MVP voting throughout their primes and came out with one apiece. robinson in a six year stretch was top 3 in MVP voting. Barkley was more or less the same in a six year stretch. they were of similar standings in the league at worst.

barkley was a worse player than jordan, hakeem and robinson at the very least
    Last edited by references; 02-05-2016 at 05:06 AM.