Dragic
    2pt FG assisted - 43%
    3pt FG assisted - 73%
    Usage rate - 21.6%

Matthews
    2pt FG assisted - 40%
    3pt FG assisted - 86%
    Usage rate - 19.8%

We can do this all day. They have the ball in their hands a similar % of the time, and have their shots assisted on a similar percentage.

I'm not saying I would take Matthews over Dragic, I'm saying Dragic's #'s THIS season are not impressive.
    Or we could just watch the actual games. I have literally never heard anyone say 'We need to gameplan for Wes Matthews.' He's a role player, clearly behind Aldridge and Lillard and even with Batum.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Re: Dragic had 21, 5 and 8 today on 59% shooting

I guess nobody really hates on or want to bash Dragic, if you're a true fan n not just another gimmick account, just lay off him already. You causing unnecessary hate on a good dude.

Dragic doesn't have the best scenario for him to display his game now. Hope Phoenix does something soon. I just hope we make the playoffs n the team grows from there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    I guess nobody really hates on or want to bash Dragic, if you're a true fan n not just another gimmick account, just lay off him already. You causing unnecessary hate on a good dude.

Dragic doesn't have the best scenario for him to display his game now. Hope Phoenix does something soon. I just hope we make the playoffs n the team grows from there.
    I do it to raise awareness of his play. Much like any fan. Why have a message board if you're going to discourage earnest discussion?

Banned

If we are going to fixate on stats, then how is Lillard better than Goran?

These are his stats in 2014-2015

22.1 PPG on 46% FG, 6.2 assists, 4.7 rebounds a game

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    If we are going to fixate on stats, then how is Lillard better than Goran?

These are his stats in 2014-2015

22.1 PPG on 46% FG, 6.2 assists, 4.7 rebounds a game
    Like this:

22.1 > 16.7

6.2 > 3.9

4.7 > 3.6

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Like this:

22.1 > 16.7

6.2 > 3.9

4.7 > 3.6
    And thats not a function of his handling the ball far more? Unbelievable. And isn't the fact Goran shoots 6% better a significant difference?

He takes 13 shots a game and has to play off guard with Thomas and Bledsoe in the game...how much more can you expect?

Get rid of Bledsoe and Thomas and he'd be back to his 2013-2014 stats
    Dude, fact is that his numbers/role does not warrant him an all-star spot THIS YEAR. Yeah he was great last season, he's just an above-average PG this year

Even Brandon Jennings has a higher PER & WS/48 than Dragic and averages near same amount of ppg in 4 less minutes a game and is coming off a 37 pt game.

Dragic is a starter in this league and he'd put up big numbers on a bad team, but that's about it. I'd love to see him on the Spurs though, he'd be perfect and would probably play much better than TP.

And thats not a function of his handling the ball far more? Unbelievable. And isn't the fact Goran shoots 6% better a significant difference?
    6% is one shot per game. If you take 14 shots per game. So no not really.

Their usage rates aren't that far off either. Lillard's usage rate is 26.3%, Dragic's is 21.7%. Not much of a difference at all. The difference between their scoring is Lillard takes far more 3pters, and far more free throws.

Like I said, had you made this argument last season, I would be right there with ya. He was a fringe all-star, but he had a legitimate argument. This season, not so much.

Maybe when (if) Bledsoe is gone and Dragic gets back to the point, he can bring his A game again. Keep in mind, he's almost 29, so he only has about 5 solid years left.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Dude, fact is that his numbers/role does not warrant him an all-star spot THIS YEAR. Yeah he was great last season, he's just an above-average PG this year

Even Brandon Jennings has a higher PER & WS/48 than Dragic and averages same amount of ppg in 4 less minutes a game.

Dragic is a starter in this league and he'd put up big numbers on a bad team, but that's about it. I'd love to see him on the Spurs though, he'd be perfect and would probably play much better than TP.
    Dragic isn't even the primary ballhandler this season. He was THIRD TEAM all NBA last season. "Starter in the league' my ass. He's easily a top 3-5 PG.

Even Brandon Jennings has a higher PER & WS/48 than Dragic and averages near same amount of ppg in 4 less minutes a game and is coming off a 37 pt game.

Dragic is a starter in this league and he'd put up big numbers on a bad team, but that's about it..
    I'd love to see him on the Spurs though, he'd be perfect .

and would probably play much better than TP.

Raw shooting percentage is irrelevant, you need to take into account free throws and 3 pointers to figure out a player's real scoring efficiency.

Dragic is shooting 6.7-13.2 for the season, scoring 16.9 points.
    Lilard is at 7.5-16.4 but at 22.1 points.

So Dragic scores 17 points on 13 shots, Lilard scores 22 points on 16 shots. Even though Dragic shoots 6% better, his points per possession are still lower than Lilard's. Is that a "significant" difference, context>just numbers? You see why FG% is so pointless, getting to the line and staying aggressive is more important than fapping to percentages. There is a reason why Deandre Jordan isn't the best center in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

why ? If you've followed the Spurs this season, you'd know he's been terrible for the most part. Yes, his averages aren't that bad and he's shooting well from the floor, but he's having the worst defensive season of his career and he's been a negative on offense.

Last 5 games: 12/2/3 on 42% shooting (13.4 FGA) in 26mpg, 3 TOPG

Spurs fans are disgusted with him right now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Raw shooting percentage is irrelevant, you need to take into account free throws and 3 pointers to figure out a player's real scoring efficiency.

Dragic is shooting 6.7-13.2 for the season, scoring 16.9 points.
    Lilard is at 7.5-16.4 but at 22.1 points.

So Dragic scores 17 points on 13 shots, Lilard scores 22 points on 16 shots. Even though Dragic shoots 6% better, his points per possession are still lower than Lilard's. Is that a "significant" difference, context>just numbers? You see why FG% is so pointless, getting to the line and staying aggressive is more important than fapping to percentages. There is a reason why Deandre Jordan isn't the best center in the league.
    I guarantee you if the Suns got rid of ball dominant Thomas and Bledsoe, Goran's PPG would go back up to last season's level.

I guarantee you if the Suns got rid of ball dominant Thomas and Bledsoe, Goran's PPG would go back up to last season's level.
    And the Suns would not be in Playoff contention.

Banned

And the Suns would not be in Playoff contention.
    He got them to 48 wins last season...imagine if he played with a legit big and no ball dominant guards...