Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Report: 'All indications' are that Kevin Garnett returns in 2014-2015

KG will go to LAC and take buy out from Nets. They be dumb not to give him one.

Default Re: Report: 'All indications' are that Kevin Garnett returns in 2014-2015

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    He doesn't need the money though. He's worth $200M and has made more money than any other NBA player (through salary).
    212 million > 200 million

Decent playground baller MC Gusto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    True.

He doesn't need the money though. He's worth $200M and has made more money than any other NBA player (through salary).

Funny. Steve Nash does the same thing yet everyone acts like it is okay.

Why is it okay for Nash to need the money but not okay for Garrett, who is actually playing, to want the money.

ISH=where double standards live.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU

Why is it okay for Nash to need the money but not okay for Garrett, who is actually playing, to want the money.

Nash should retire too though. I mean, does he even play anymore/did he play this season?

Slow down bro. Ive seen the double standard. Not on ISH though.

Did you ever see me say that Nash shouldn't retire? Even Nash is done, but he said that he wants the money and that's why he's still playing.

Also, Nash never made KG money. His career earnings are ~$140M. KG made ~$315M.

Did you ever see me say that Nash shouldn't retire? Even Nash is done, but he said that he wants the money and that's why he's still playing.

Also, Nash never made KG money. His career earnings are ~$140M. KG made ~$315M.
    So if Garrett comes out and pulls a Nash and flat out admits that he is not really planning on contributing to his club but will not retire in order to draw a check, that would be fine.

And I am sure Nash is finding it very hard to feed his family on 140 million so your defense of Nash totally justifies your double standard.

He'll come back, KG likes the game too much and 12 mln. doesnt harm either.

Plus KG still has something to offer, "he is done" is not accurate, people simply look at the numbers and ignore the minutes.

12.0/10.9/2.3/1.3 at 52.4 FG% in the Playoffs Per36, plus solid defense. Thats greater impact than a lot of centers in NBA.

Arguments KG cant play more than 20 mins are also baseless, just because Kidd underused and even misused KG is coaching problem, not Garnett's. Just last year he played 35 mins in PO (even though he had multiple injuries) and delivered, and just two years ago KG was the best bigman in the Playoffs, 19.2/10.3/1.5/1.2/1.5 plus DPOY defense, averaging 37 mins over 20 games.

KG clashed with Kidd many times over such limited minutes (and due to no game plays), but Kidd was resting Garnett instead, for retirement maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Harison

KG clashed with Kidd many times over such limited minutes (and due to no game plays), but Kidd was resting Garnett instead, for retirement maybe?
    I was saying this all along. KG should have been playing 30-35 mpg

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    He'll come back, KG likes the game too much and 12 mln. doesnt harm either.

Plus KG still has something to offer, "he is done" is not accurate, people simply look at the numbers and ignore the minutes.

12.0/10.9/2.3/1.3 at 52.4 FG% in the Playoffs Per36, plus solid defense. Thats greater impact than a lot of centers in NBA.

Arguments KG cant play more than 20 mins are also baseless, just because Kidd underused and even misused KG is coaching problem, not Garnett's. Just last year he played 35 mins in PO (even though he had multiple injuries) and delivered, and just two years ago KG was the best bigman in the Playoffs, 19.2/10.3/1.5/1.2/1.5 plus DPOY defense, averaging 37 mins over 20 games.

I think Kidd and the reliance on iso ball hurt KG last year.

He'll still help someone with his intensity and presence alone. I'm glad he's coming back for one more year.

The ISH'ers Champion!

This corpse should retire or accept an off-the bench spot.

The consensus is that Nash is basically stealing money from the Lakers at this point. Would I do it if I were him? Absolutely (same for Garnett). But they really both should retire.

So if Garrett comes out and pulls a Nash and flat out admits that he is not really planning on contributing to his club but will not retire in order to draw a check, that would be fine.

And I am sure Nash is finding it very hard to feed his family on 140 million so your defense of Nash totally justifies your double standard.
    Again, I never supported anyone in this discussion. I don't think I even posted in the Nash thread.

$12M is more to a guy who made $140M over his career, compared to a guy who made $320M.