Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: RIP Russell Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Lodi Dodi
    It is disappointing that the ball wasn't more in George's hands more in the last 2 mins.
    It was in his hands. He had 2 turnovers himself. Not to mention 3 missed FTs.

I knew Westbrook would get all the blame. It comes with the territory

From this series it's pretty obvious Russ was overrated. How could Westbrook lose while being a former MVP with another MVP caliber player? Damian Lillard while being considered worse won with CJ McCollum and it's not like anyone else on his team is that good.

In the playoffs statpadding a triple double isn't going to win you the game, but making the shots when the game is on the line will.

It is disappointing that the ball wasn't more in George's hands more in the last 2 mins.
    Westbrick doesn

The moment he played for stats, he lost any chance he had of winning. Triple doubles means nothing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Russell Westbrook when asked by a reporter how it feels to lose in the 1st round 3 straight years: "if you ask me another dumbass question I'll kick your ****ing ass".

From this series it's pretty obvious Russ was overrated. How could Westbrook lose while being a former MVP with another MVP caliber player? Damian Lillard while being considered worse won with CJ McCollum and it's not like anyone else on his team is that good.

In the playoffs statpadding a triple double isn't going to win you the game, but making the shots when the game is on the line will.

You lost me there. He had 2 crucial turnovers and missed 2 key free throws late.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I can't wait to see what he's degraded to in four years when he's on the last year of a super max contract at 34. It's not going to be pretty considering his ENTIRE game is based on athleticism. We've seen players age badly, but I don't think we are ever going to see it worse than with Westbrick here.
    A 34 year old Westbrook making 47 million. This shit is gonna be epic to watch when the time comes.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Yeah. Big Westbrook fan. But damn. The media already hated him. They're about to ETHER this dude tomorrow. There will be blood.

Sucks because they TRY to do that with KD, but he's so good that it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Yeah. Big Westbrook fan. But damn. The media already hated him. They're about to ETHER this dude tomorrow. There will be blood.

Sucks because they TRY to do that with KD, but he's so good that it doesn't matter.
    Colin Cowherd is going to have a field day lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Colin Cowherd is going to have a field day lol
    Cowherd and a few others. Shit gonna be vicious af. Him averaging a triple-double for the past three regular seasons only pissed them off more

What just happened to Westbrook is what they CAN'T WAIT to happen to KD.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

I like his mentality but goodness this dude is a statpadder to the extreme, I've never felt like you could do much with him as your best player. He's probably not the best player this year but "Playoff P" has his own issues. Team has too much talent to lose in 5 games to this team.

Westbrook needs to shoot less and focus more on defense, I don't see it happening because he likes his triple doubles too much

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    The moment he played for stats, he lost any chance he had of winning. Triple doubles means nothing.
    Exactly. The triple double has become an overrated thing. Started with lecantmakewesternconference playoffs and ends here. When it comes naturally, yea, ok cool. But the way players try to force everything from triple doubles to fg% is just wack. Play the game to win, not get fancy stats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Exactly. The triple double has become an overrated thing. Started with lecantmakewesternconference playoffs and ends here. When it comes naturally, yea, ok cool. But the way players try to force everything from triple doubles to fg% is just wack. Play the game to win, not get fancy stats.
    This. And the media is EXTRA pissed at him for averaging that statline because they were setting Lebron up to do it

3 years ago, averaging a trip-dub was a BIG DEAL. Now that Westbrook made it look easy, they're about to KILL this dude for averaging those numbers and losing. Wish they kept the same standards.

Mr First Round Exit, aka Mr Low Efficiency Statpadder

Would he get half the blame if he averaged 2-3 less rebounds and assists per game?

I don't think the assists or rebounds are the issue here, it's just that his scoring ability has diminished over the years & he shouldn't be shooting more jump shots than George, though who could fault him when George himself was shooting like shit for most of the series in winnable games, bricking wide open 3s in Game 1 when they should have won that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    This. And the media is EXTRA pissed at him for averaging that statline because they were setting Lebron up to do it

3 years ago, averaging a trip-dub was a BIG DEAL. Now that Westbrook made it look easy, they're about to KILL this dude for averaging those numbers and losing. Wish they kept the same standards.
    Yup. The way media is spinning this, you would think that being a good playmaker & rebounder is a bad thing, it only seems to be the case when it's Westbrook. They'll pull a clip or two of him fighting over a rebound like no one else does it in the NBA to make it look like he's not playing to win. The series was closer than the 4 - 1 would indicate, but that's how it goes sometimes.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 04-24-2019 at 04:38 AM.

The blazers played hard and wanted it more, too many of the games Okc just stood around launching 3s. (Which they're terrible at)

Russ should definitely slide to the 2 and they could get a decent pg to facilitate. Adams is a monster but barely touches the ball.

Come to think of it, 3 point shooting has been OKCs downfall for years now