Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Max Kellerman says Westbrook is more talented than Wade

Default Re: Max Kellerman says Westbrook is more talented than Wade

HELL NO! Wade should be a MODEL for what Russ should STRIVE TO BE AS A 6'3 GUARD!! IN terms of being the TOTAL PACKAGE of scoring, passing, defending, rebounding, freak athletic ability, AND BBIQ!!! Plus Wade's scoring skillset was much more polished. Peak-prime wise, Wade is THE BEST player 6'4 and under ever!

Russ has many of those elements of course. BUT the BBIQ part is still his fatal flaw. He did defer to PG this year I will give him that for sure. BUT at the same time, he still needs to up his floor generalship. AT year 11, it's troubling that it hasn't evolved as much as it needed to be. Even though Wade was primarily a SG, he ALSO played a lot at the PG. Or initiated the offense from the SG spot. In all these roles, he PROVED u can be a dominant score first player WITH great floor generalship along with it.

Score first PG's like Curry, Kyrie, and Dame ALSO are much better floor generals. DESPITE Russ having very impressive assist numbers! In a perfect world, Russ moves to the SG. And has a bigger PG or combo guard that can defend SG's effectively. Like AI had with Snow and Mckie back in the day. But Russ is such a freakish athlete that maybe you can start him at SG and Dennis at PG. And from there, Russ can defend the SG's flat out.

Jokic Stan

Can someone define "talent" for me? No one has EVER actually fleshed out what that refers to...they just throw that word around.

Skill is pretty obvious what it is...but talent?

Based on my assumptions, talent is athleticism, BBIQ, and natural "instinct" for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Can someone define "talent" for me? No one has EVER actually fleshed out what that refers to...they just throw that word around.

Skill is pretty obvious what it is...but talent?

Based on my assumptions, talent is athleticism, BBIQ, and natural "instinct" for the game?
    Yeah that's what I don't get either.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Kellerman is a moron.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Yikes..

Stick to boxing Max.

Wade had a pretty solid final year this past season, at 37 and light years past his prime. I don't expect Westbrook to even be in the league at that age. I see him going the AI/Melo route, basically completely worn out their welcome by the age of 35.

As for talent....I have no idea what that means. Very subjective and abstract. Skillwise, it's not even a debate.

Score first PG's like Curry, Kyrie, and Dame ALSO are much better floor generals. DESPITE Russ having very impressive assist numbers! In a perfect world, Russ moves to the SG. And has a bigger PG or combo guard that can defend SG's effectively. Like AI had with Snow and Mckie back in the day. But Russ is such a freakish athlete that maybe you can start him at SG and Dennis at PG. And from there, Russ can defend the SG's flat out.
    Moving Russ to the two wouldn't really make any difference. This isn't the 90s anymore, positions don't really matter. He will play the exact same way.

Iverson played two because back then positions and define roles still matter. Skills didn't overlap too much as it does in todays game. Hell, if AI played today, he would likely be labeled a "one" like Kyrie is.

As an overall talent? It might be close because Wade wasn't much of a shooter either, but I feel like he would make the right play more often than Westbrook and defensively I don't think it's even a debate. Wade managed to be an efficient scorer and knew his strengths/weaknesses, got better at finishing through contact and got to the line more often throughout his prime.

If we were talking about Westbrook of 2 years ago, he had the edge on FTs and 3s, but now that's gone away so I think it might have been an aberration.

I always saw wade as westbrook's ceiling.

shows the gap between the stars and the ones who are truly great.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Wade had a pretty solid final year this past season, at 37 and light years past his prime. I don't expect Westbrook to even be in the league at that age. I see him going the AI/Melo route, basically completely worn out their welcome by the age of 35.

As for talent....I have no idea what that means. Very subjective and abstract. Skillwise, it's not even a debate.
    Skill, fluidity, bball IQ, etc Wade is leaps and bounds better. Westbrook was a bench player in college for a reason. He has no high school mixtape... just some random fast break dunks. Guys only basketball 'talent' is speed and leaping ability, which personally I don't consider that talent but just raw athleticism.

It's not even close who was born more talented.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    As an overall talent? It might be close because Wade wasn't much of a shooter either, but I feel like he would make the right play more often than Westbrook and defensively I don't think it's even a debate.
    I don't think it is really all that close from a talent perspective.

Someone in another thread brought up Wade's body control and fluidity being on another level from Russ, and they are correct. Wade also had a much quicker first step, which is why he was much more effective in the half court.

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    Moving Russ to the two wouldn't really make any difference. This isn't the 90s anymore, positions don't really matter. He will play the exact same way.

Iverson played two because back then positions and define roles still matter. Skills didn't overlap too much as it does in todays game. Hell, if AI played today, he would likely be labeled a "one" like Kyrie is.
    Moving to the SG would make A LOT OF DIFFERENCE!!! Because in THAT CASE, he wouldn't be the primary facilitator! He could focus on what he does best WITHOUT having to worry about being the primary floor general. Kyrie is a score first PG like Russ. BUT Kyrie is a better floor general and more under control. EVEN THOUGH Russ gets higher assist numbers!

Back in AI's day, he was such an explosive scorer than Larry Brown decided to move him to SG. Because Philly often lacked scoring depth in that lineup, he decided to let SOMEBODY call the sets and be the floor general. AI STILL led the team in assists because he was great. BUT he was able to do that WITHOUT being the primary floor general. In the case of Russ, that would FOR SURE make a difference.

So it's NOT ABOUT Russ being score first. It's about his BBIQ that's hampering OKC from going to the next level. As the primary facilitator, that's a key issue. That's why KD left to go to the Warriors!

He's just a lame attention seeker, says whatever shit

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    He's just a lame attention seeker, says whatever shit
    nah kellerman is actually pretty accurate. you can tell he's a real fan of all sports.