Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Woj: Lakers in talks for Ramon Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    lololol

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    He's only a backup because he ends up out of the spotlight with teams who already have starting caliber PG's or potential "stars". Sessions is a starting caliber PG.
    Starting caliber or not he's been a backup most of his career. I'm not saying that he wouldn't make a great starter, but he's not exactly in the upper echelon of point guards. Is that worth giving up a first round pick for?

I think the Cavs would be stupid to get rid of him. Their 48 minutes of point guard play (Irving plus Sessions) is their big advantage (and sometimes their only advantage) over a lot of the teams in the league. They're one of the few teams that can run the same sets with their starting and backup point guards and not have a dropoff in output, due to Irving and Sessions having similar strengths and styles.

As a Laker fan, I'd love for Sessions to come on board and take the reins. He'd be a huge upgrade in creating shots for others. And I don't care what Hollinger's number say, he cannot possibly be a worse on-ball defender than Fisher is these days - maybe equally as bad, but not worse.

That said, being realistic, I can't see any trade that works. The Cavs have no need for any of the Lakers tradeable pieces. They're 2 deep with average players or unproven young guys at just about every position - I'm not sure why they'd want another one from the Lakers. I also don't think the trade exception is useful for them given they will be well under the cap when Jamison's deal expires at the end of the season.

I think they're building a good team in Cleveland and it would be a shame to see them blow it up.

would be a great adition

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Starting caliber or not he's been a backup most of his career. I'm not saying that he wouldn't make a great starter, but he's not exactly in the upper echelon of point guards. Is that worth giving up a first round pick for?
    Honestly, at this point, I think LA is desperate enough to pull the trigger. They have to do something, or risk alienating a portion of their fan base too impatient to wait around for further success.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    He absolutely is a pass first point guard. When he finally started getting minutes at the end of his Rookie season and STARTING (last nine games of the season), this is what he did assists wise:

8, 7, 10, 7, 10, 14, 13, 24, 14

Yes, 24.

The dude is a baller, but keeps getting picked up by teams who already have a starter. Hell, the last game of the season his rookie year he played all 53 minutes of an overtime game, and netted 25, 14, 7 rebs, 3 steals, 3 TO, on 65% shooting.
    He is not a pass first player. He has no vision and can't shoot jumpers consistently

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker

its not his fault, he's easily a starter in the league, and imo could have been a star PG years ago if he ran pg 30 min starter every night with shots. he could come close to averaging 20pts, 8+ assists as a starter running a team imo, and he can drive with all around game. he's just been the most bad place bad time player i can think of...from Bucks where he showed game to TWolves where he had to play back up to their lotto pick future pg, to Cav's where he has to do it again with their future pg. at least he's getting paid, but i've never seen a more talented player so wasted due to circumstance.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Cavs could get something alot better then whatever the Lakers can offer them