Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is the Yankee Cap the single most popular sport attire item in North America?

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Most of them don't even care about baseball. They wear it because rappers wear it.
    Its not the rappers but they made it famous. It was highly popular before the rappers. People wear those hats when they are new.

I prefer the worn out look of the hat but you can't get the official hat because they shrink.

Default Re: Is the Yankee Cap the single most popular sport attire item in North America?

Saw a few hoodrats in Japan repping Brooklyn NY.

I say the Brooklyn Nets cap is the Pippen to the Yankees Jordan cap.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    i see it a lot outside the US. i think it *might* be the most popular cap in the world. and i doubt most of those kids even follow baseball.
    Trust me, they dont. Its a fashion thing. A lot of people wear caps of sports teams they never heard of and still probably dont even know they exist.

There was a skit on a tv show here when a guy was wearing a blue dodgers cap, and a American guy came up to him and asked him "Oh, you support the Dodgers?", and the guy was like "u wot m8?".

It's funny, cause its true.

Banned

Greatest sports team in history.

So many legendary players and teams.

When you wear a Yankee hat you're basically telling the world that you appreciate greatness.

NY till I die, bitch...

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    Greatest sports team in history.

So many legendary players and teams.

When you wear a Yankee hat you're basically telling the world that you appreciate greatness.

NY till I die, bitch...
    Um...no.

Your tellin the world this hat really go with dem jeans I got on.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I don't care for baseball hats. I have a ton of knit winter hats, but beyond that, I'm not a hat fan.

But I am a Yankee fan, and I do own a couple Yankee hats.

From a fashion standpoint, it is a remarkably simple design that because of it's navy and white only colors make it ideal for wearing with jeans I suppose.

There was a time when Raider gear was absolutely everywhere.

rank sentamentalist

the only baseball hat i ever bought and i bought it twice

yeah good thread, its popularity is reallt headspinning

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I don't care for baseball hats. I have a ton of knit winter hats, but beyond that, I'm not a hat fan.

But I am a Yankee fan, and I do own a couple Yankee hats.

From a fashion standpoint, it is a remarkably simple design that because of it's navy and white only colors make it ideal for wearing with jeans I suppose.

There was a time when Raider gear was absolutely everywhere.
    If it was the color scheme then why hasn't the Detroit Tigers apparel blown up to those proportions? I would say it should be bigger considering the letter D has more implications than NY. Plus a nicer font. The Yankee cap is a pop culture fashion trend.

I'd definitely think so. It's just got a cool vibe to it.

I would say Raider gear would be 2nd

The Chicago White Sox cap was really popular during the 90's. Dr Dre, Tupac, EZ E, Cube etc were wearing it. Also Jordan during his baseball stint made them popular.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    You can find somebody anywhere in North America wearing one. Not so much here on the east coast, although as a fashion item it is still pretty trendy. Places like hicktown USA and large Canadian cities it's a huge fashion item. I travel all over North America and I've never seen any sports attire as universally worn and trendy as a Yankee cap.
    Can anyone think of another item that could be bigger? Jordan Jersey perhaps?
    How about overseas? How big is it there?
    I'd say the converse shoes.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Yes it is, followed by the Jordan basketball shoe.

The reason they are both enduringly popular is because they are synonymous with winning.

Maybe in the north, I doubt youll find many redneck and southerners rocking a ny hat