Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: We just signed a nuclear deal with Iran

UK, toss a link to that quote you're sourcing please.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    What does that have to do with Iran's desire to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, and furthermore, what does that have to do with Bibi's 'war monger' mentality?

I'll answer for you.

Absolutely nothing.

Now do I think we should work with Iran? Sure. They could be a useful ally and one of the only (somewhat) stable governments in the region.

But your retort has nothing to do with the original accusation that Bibi is a war monger.
    the reason you haven't been working with iran is because an anti imperialist revolution overthrew the american installed regime and a theocracy took over in a coup. there is a history which is at least as worth considering as whatever geopolitical strategic benefits you have in mind.

rank sentamentalist

Bullshit.

Iran provides weapons to Hamas, who then attack Israel.

So.... yes they are war mongers.
    for the sake of argument, can we just call ever state government in the world a war monger. nobody is abstaining from the behaviour you're describing and if you want to call that war mongering, i'm happy to go along.

but given the facts, which are that virtually every country in the world funds foreign militias without a mandate, why are we talking about this? might as well base our decision on how many people like pea soup.

Bullshit.

Iran provides weapons to Hamas, who then attack Israel.

So.... yes they are war mongers.
    Lmfao you can playtthat game with every country including US, Russia, China and so on. You think the US is so innocent? Israel is not a saint either, any big time player in any region sells arms. How about Israel assassination of Iranian sscientists? Israel so innocent and the victim of a few ragged ass Arabs shooting practically fireworks and getting their shit pushed in by American grade jet fighters and missiles.
    Last edited by dunksby; 07-14-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    Hamas wasnt even relevant in the Middle East until 10 years ago. Now theyre supposedly to blame for the situation? Newsflash mate this sh$t has been going on for 60 years. Everyone knows what Israels role is in the region and who is behind them.
    And before Hamas, Israel was being attacked on all sides. Need a history lesson?

What is your point?

In July of 2014, there were 3000 rockets fired from Gaza at Israeli civilians, killing 1,500 and wounding another 7,500. The people of Palestine allow, and encourage, that to continue.
    Last edited by UK2K; 07-14-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Great deal. If we can become allies with Saudi Arabia, the biggest sponsor of radical Islam and terrorism in the world, then we can definitely become allies with Iran

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Lmfao you can playtthat game with every country including US, Russia, China and so on. You think the US is so innocent? Israel is not a saint either, any big time player in any region sells arms. How about Israel assassination of Iranian sscientists? Israel so innocent and the victim of a few ragged ass Arabs shooting practically fireworks and getting their shit pushed in by American grade jet fighters and missiles.
    Israel is not a saint. Nor is the US. I never said they were.

I was responding to the laughable notion that Israel is the aggressor when Iran's government openly state they want to annihilate the Israeli people.

Right, but we aren't neutral observers. We are on a side. It's not like a Bucks vs Kings game where I don't care who wins or loses. I care about what's good for my team.

I don't blame other countries or regions for pursuing their interests. But I certainly hope our interests prevail.

Getting back to the topic of Obama keeping winning here and there:

NEWS IRAN NUCLEAR TALKS JUL 14 2015, 9:13 AM ET
    Iran Nuclear Deal: President Obama Says Deal Makes World 'Safer and More Secure'
    by ERIN MCCLAM
    President Barack Obama declared Tuesday that the landmark nuclear deal with Iran is built on verification, not trust alone, and he threatened to veto any attempt by Congress to stop it.

"This deal demonstrates that American diplomacy can bring about real and meaningful change, change that makes our country and the world safer and more secure," he said in an early-morning statement from the White House.

He said that the United States had "negotiated from a position of strength and principle" and "stopped the spread of nuclear weapons in this region." Walking away from the deal, he said, could touch off a nuclear arms race in the most volatile region in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Right, but we aren't neutral observers. We are on a side. It's not like a Bucks vs Kings game where I don't care who wins or loses. I care about what's good for my team.

I don't blame other countries or regions for pursuing their interests. But I certainly hope our interests prevail.
    That's a good point but won't get you too far in hard negotiations, you got to compromise at some point, I don't think Obama and Kerry and consequently the US negotiating team would want to sign on a deal that hurt the country. Now that point bbecomes more profound when there are five other world great powers pursuing their own. Some people want to label it as a bad deal just out of spite but close to two years of hard negotiations brought about this deal.

As much as Israel's conduct is deplorable and unnecessary, i do wish people would stop raging about Palestinians, as the term itself is nothing more than a propaganda term, not used in such a context before the 1960s & 70s. Before ww2 it meant any inhabitant of the Palestine mandate region, including Jews.

Palestine has never been a country, so it is tedious to hear incessant references to 'the people of Palestine' and such, as if there even exists such a thing. The Arabs of the West Bank, in their culture and language, are virtually indistinguishable from the non-Bedouin Arabs of Jordan, and the Arabs of Gaza have more in common with the nearby Egyptians than with the Arabs of the West Bank.
    Last edited by Dresta; 07-14-2015 at 11:52 AM.

That's a good point but won't get you too far in hard negotiations, you got to compromise at some point, I don't think Obama and Kerry and consequently the US negotiating team would want to sign on a deal that hurt the country. Now that point bbecomes more profound when there are five other world great powers pursuing their own. Some people want to label it as a bad deal just out of spite but close to two years of hard negotiations brought about this deal.
    Well, I'm not one of these maniacs who automatically hates it because it was President Obama. Only time will tell how it works out.

I think its important to point out though that when we are talking about Iran, we are talking about the regime. Not the people of Iran.

NBA Superstar

Israel is not a saint. Nor is the US. I never said they were.

I was responding to the laughable notion that Israel is the aggressor when Iran's government openly state they want to annihilate the Israeli people.

the real difference is Iran is run by a religious die hard muslim supreme leader supported by a majority muslim hardliner base. to that end they have a completely different mentality than the US and Israel. we all know extremist muslims are fukkin nuts, and are diehard their religion, which is NOT peaceful when you're governing as religious hardliners.

ISH has so many retards that won't admit the obvious and constantly try to obfuscate everyone as even bad guys.

furthermore nobody in America are rallying and marching against Iran chanting "death to Iran" like they are America and Israel. but they're such a normal misunderstood country, right?

funny thing is 3/4's of the mfers here don't even regularly follow/read current events but pretend to know everything. half base everything on history from over 20 years ago a few are some of the most brainwashed foreigners reading shit with much less freedom of press pretending like we're the most brainwashed

opinions here are so shitty its constant facepalming reading these threads

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    My point flew straight past your head. Just like all the other intelligent comments directed your way you chose to ignore. Youre blaming Hamas for the current situation in Israel/Palestine today, yet the situation has been the exact same in the region for nearly 60 years. The enemy before was Fatah, not Hamas. But Israel was still doing the exact same BS then as now. It wont stop until they stop using Apartheid against their own citizens.

Instead of supporting a peaceful resolution in the region (what this deal is all about) you continue to blame everyone else (The Arabs and the Iranians) bar your side.
    Ok, first off, Based on the principles of Islamism gaining momentum throughout the Arab world in the 1980s, Hamas was founded sometime in 1988[37] soon after the First Intifada broke out, as an offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood, which is exactly what I said.

Secondly, I do support a peaceful resolution. I even said we should deal with Iran on the first page, if you had read.

Both sides are to blame. I never said Israel was innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    UK, toss a link to that quote you're sourcing please.
    Which one?

Copy whichever quote and google search it.

They're all legit.