Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: ISH Trolling BS Debunked: Nikola Mirotic Was NOT The Best Player In Europe

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Euroleague daily routine:

1. Check NBA transaction wire.
    2. If European player is signed, skip to step 4.
    3. If European player is released, skip to step 5.
    4. Run to InsideHoops to explain why this player is trash in Europe and that the US fans are stupid for thinking they'll be any good.
    5. Run to InsideHoops to explain why the NBA is stupid and didn't give this incredible player a shot.
    6. If none of the above are applicable, maintain idiocy level for 24 hours until the transaction wire is updated.
    Euroscum owned

Default Re: ISH Trolling BS Debunked: Nikola Mirotic Was NOT The Best Player In Europe

Great post, but Euroleague is technically right.

Mirotic was not the best player in the Euroleague last year. In fact he was only named to the All-Euroleague Second Team... the players ahead of him were his own teammate Rudy Fernandez (who also outscored him), and Sonny Weems.
    Worse, Spanoulis was on that second team with him.

The Euroleague MVP was Sergio Rodriguez and the ACB MVP was Justin Doellman, who used to average 10 and 5 for the Xavier Musketeers.

Different leagues, though. Different games. It's less about individual stars, and games are shorter, hence why stats are usually lower.

It's easy to laugh about European leagues, but they are top level professional leagues, unlike the NCAA.

Most NBA role players you could easily replace with Euroleague players. In fact, it's exactly the sort of stuff San Antonio Spurs does, and it's paid off. There's no Kevin Durant in Europe right now, but many many players who are completely interchangeable with a Darrell Arthur or a Courtney Lee.
    Last edited by BoutPractice; 07-25-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Everyone knows the Euroleague GOAT is Anthony Parker. Now and forever.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=e2005

Runner-up is White Mamba.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...9&clubcode=TRE

Or Deron Williams, whom they are going to build a statue for.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...amID_3136.html

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    He won MVP for a couple of weeks which is what's probably confused them. And you did use rubios numbers from when he was young in another thread, I don't understand why you are such a nut and have to claim everyone's lieing all the time
    You LIED about me....I called you on it. You got proven to be LYING about me.

Instead of just letting it go, when it was obvious for everyone here to see you LIED, you STILL had to come back with another LIE.

I call people LIARS when they are LIARS, like YOU that LIE about things and claim I am the one "LYING" about it.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-25-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    http://chicago.sportsmockery.com/pos...nikola-mirotic

Id like to get your opinion on the information in this link Euroleague.
    The website is aptly named. They even threw in a quote by Fran Fraschilla who is an absolute joke. The guy knows absolutely NOTHING about the Euroleague or international basketball.

Everyone who does just laughs and laughs at the guy every single year at the NBA draft. He's a complete clown. And the quote about Mirotic was as usual ridiculous.

Anyway, it's just some of the total bullshit I already debunked in this thread, and evidently that was where some of the trolls here were getting that stuff from.

You can list each item if you want and I can break down one by one why it is bullshit or might be a definite and intentional distortion of facts and absolutely probably came straight from Mirotic's agency and is just being spewed out by US media and eaten up, after all the endless hype that ESPN and draftexpress pushed. Which is exactly what I am saying.

It's just like with Rubio.

And remember I kept telling everyone here all along about that here and the reaction here was exactly the same about how I was lying and trolling and making it all up. Now everyone here wants to PRETEND that never happened, or like outbreak they are just outright LYING about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Was he the best player on his team?
    No. He was the 5th best player on real Madrid.

For comparison, that's much better of a case than it was with Rubio before he came to the NBA though. Rubio was the 12th best player on Barcelona.

Of course endlessly the clown mega trolls like gabepizza, Rooster, and Dr.J4ever would posts hundreds of times here trying to pretend that Rubio was "the greatest player in the history of Europe" but now everyone pretty much knows I was telling the truth about that and ignores those clowns on that shit.

The difference in these situations though is that after years and years of endless hype from Draftexpress and ESPN on Rubio, right before he came to the NBA they started to turn on him, and ESPN started to say "he can't shoot" and the hype started to wane a bit.

In the case of Mirotic, it is the exact opposite, where they are hyping him endlessly to the absolute full maximum.

"Best player in Europe"...even though he was actually the 5th best player on Real Madrid.

If you want to get an idea on what that would mean, Real Madrid would have probably been the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
    But Euroleague, how can he be only 5th best on his team AND win the MVP? You haven't answered that yet.
    I have answered it over and over genius. Because he did NOT win MVP of any league he played in, regular season or playoffs.

He was only "MVP" in the minds and fantasies of trolls and delusional Bulls fans, and in the lying hype machine called US sports media and NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Maybe if you explained it without going off on a tirade?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACB_Mos...e_Player_Award

No trolling: what am i missing?
    That it was LAST year and that it is VOTED BY THE FANS.

And that his TEAMMATES are being voted equal or higher than him in the awards, whether it be Spanish League or Euroleague.

And that ACB MVP award isn't anything to do with EUROLEAGUE. The actual TOP league in EUROPE. ACB MVP (Spanish League MVP) - that's JUST ONE COUNTRY'S MVP. Euroleague is the MVP for the whole continent of all of EUROPE. Example, Spanish League has 2 of the best teams in Europe. Euroleague has ALL of the best teams in Europe.

Also, while the fans also get to vote for Euroleague MVP, the fan vote is weighed down and coaches and media get more say in it.

Thus, where some of this "best player in Europe" talk might POSSIBLY, at least maybe even be warranted for a discussion at least, if someone had actually won that (Euroleague MVP)......he's never even gotten a single vote for that award in his career.

Again, besides the point everyone keeps asking the retarded question about "how could he not be the best player on a team where he was MVP", when he was NOT MVP. That was a year earlier.

Besides....that's so absurd because.................his OWN TEAMMATES ---->

Felipe Reyes - 2013 Spanish League Finals MVP

Sergio Rodriguez - 2014 Euroleague MVP

And BOTH of those awards are much more important than the one Mirotic one. So that "best player on your team because you won MVP" thing is absolutely absurd when two of his teammates also won MVP awards and BOTH of those awards are more important.

And YES Euroleague MVP is WAY more important than Spanish League MVP, and YES in European basketball, the finals MVPs are more important than the league MVPs. That's actually especially true in Euroleague - something all the clown trolls that talk about Anthony Parker here all the time purposely avoid.

It's the opposite of the NBA, where the season MVP is more important. In Europe it's the opposite, where the playoff MVP is more important.

So that argument about being best player on Real Madrid because he won an MVP does not add up. Both Felipe Reyes and Sergio Rodriguez would trump him there.

And let's talk about All-Euroleague Team if you want. If you want something tangible you can look up and back up..........

The last two years Mirotic was 2nd team in all Euroleague. Guess what? His own teammate, Rudy Fernandez was FIRST team all Euroleague both years. Meaning that in each of the last two seasons, Rudy was considered better. And yeah that's voted by fans and media so it has an error in it since the fans vote, but still, Mirotic gets the up swing there, due to all the endless hype around him.

Look, when I say he was 5th best player on Real Madrid I am being GENEROUS.
    I could just as easily say 6th best and put Felipe Reyes over him since he was always in the important moments of every game while Mirotic was being benched.

I GENEROUSLY said 5th best, only because Reyes is old and has a limit on how many minutes he can play now, otherwise it would be 6th best, because when Reyes was actually on court, he too was better.

And no way in hell is anyone sensible going to argue he was the "best player in Europe" when the Euroleague MVP (Sergio Rodriguez) was on his own team. I mean, this stuff from ESPN, and US sports media is just absolutely absurd and insane. Bottom line TRUTH, he was a ROLE PLAYER on Real Madrid.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-25-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Everyone knows the Euroleague GOAT is Anthony Parker. Now and forever.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=e2005

Runner-up is White Mamba.

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...9&clubcode=TRE

Or Deron Williams, whom they are going to build a statue for.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...amID_3136.html
    That's nice, even though Williams and Scalabrine never played in Euroleague.

And they had a vote not too long ago on top 20 Americans to play in Euroleague from the basketball historians in Europe. Parker finished 14th.

14th just among American players in Euroleague.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You LIED about me....I called you on it. You got proven to be LYING about me.

Instead of just letting it go, when it was obvious for everyone here to see you LIED, you STILL had to come back with another LIE.

I call people LIARS when they are LIARS, like YOU that LIE about things and claim I am the one "LYING" about it.
    You didn't prove shit? You just claimed I was lieing and are now saying you proved something? Why would I let something go when I know it happened. I don't give a shit what people here think, I know what I've read and I know the discussions we've had in the past. You lie to everyone on here and have zero credibility anymore, you're the fool who posts quotes out of context with no links and when people go find the links the qoutes don't actually say what you've manipulated them to say. You're a nutjob.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Great post, but Euroleague is technically right.

Mirotic was not the best player in the Euroleague last year. In fact he was only named to the All-Euroleague Second Team... the players ahead of him were his own teammate Rudy Fernandez (who also outscored him), and Sonny Weems.
    Worse, Spanoulis was on that second team with him.

The Euroleague MVP was Sergio Rodriguez and the ACB MVP was Justin Doellman, who used to average 10 and 5 for the Xavier Musketeers.

Different leagues, though. Different games. It's less about individual stars, and games are shorter, hence why stats are usually lower.

It's easy to laugh about European leagues, but they are top level professional leagues, unlike the NCAA.

Most NBA role players you could easily replace with Euroleague players. In fact, it's exactly the sort of stuff San Antonio Spurs does, and it's paid off. There's no Kevin Durant in Europe right now, but many many players who are completely interchangeable with a Darrell Arthur or a Courtney Lee.
    He's 100% right that Mirotic was not the best player in Europe, most people haven't argued that point except the trolls. The real argument is that Euroleague claims he wasn't a good player which is total horseshit. He wasn't amazing but he was still a solid player.

He's 100% right that Mirotic was not the best player in Europe, most people haven't argued that point except the trolls. The real argument is that Euroleague claims he wasn't a good player which is total horseshit. He wasn't amazing but he was still a solid player.
    Again, you LIE. I NEVER said any such thing.

You just can't stop lying. You are a creepy guy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Again, you LIE. I NEVER said any such thing.

You just can't stop lying. You are a creepy guy.
    You're a real nut, read your own posts in this thread about him and tell me you're not saying he's a bad player. You are certifiable.

You're a real nut, read your own posts in this thread about him and tell me you're not saying he's a bad player. You are certifiable.
    WTF? I never said he was a bad player. I said in several posts he would do fine for the role Chicago needed him in if they were expecting him to shoot open 3 pointers.

Where the hell did I say he was a bad player?

I said 5th best player (6th best considering Reyes is better when he's on the floor, but that's he's too old to play that much now).......on Real, and then I said that last year's Real would have been the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference.

How the hell is that saying he's a "bad player"?

WTF?

Lay of the drugs.

I am disputing the ABSURD claims and the ludicrous untrue HYPE that is coming from US media and NBA fans that is universally saying he was "the best player in Europe".

Mirotic was if you want a good NBA equivalent - what he was in the Euroleague on Real Madrid, as something like what Mirza Teletovic is on the Nets. Something like that.

Now, how in the freaking hell is that a "bad player"? That's not a "bad player" at all. But at the same time, for ANYONE to claim that Mirza Teletovic was the best player in the NBA, well they would be doing some SERIOUS trolling and would obviously be on drugs or just flat out insane and/or retarded.

That's the point I am making. Mirotic in Euroleague was like Teletovic is in the NBA pretty much. In no way at all is that a "bad player". And in no way in hell I am making any such claim, and I NEVER EVER SAID ANY SUCH THING HERE IN THIS FORUM. And you can spend all the time you want looking for it, because you will NOT find it. Because I never said it.

But it's absolutely freaking insane to go claiming such a player is "the best". It's crazy. It would be crazy to say Teletovic is the best player in the NBA, and it's equally as crazy to say Mirotic was the best player in Europe.

Here's the problem though......US media and NBA media, and NBA fans are ALL saying just exactly that.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Green"]The Super Eagles Basketball Team!!![/COLOR][/FONT]