Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: nikola Mirotic vs Dario Saric

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    Mirotic is a top 5 pick on this draft and that's paying little attention to talent if you wish.

Unlike most others in the draft, he has actually performed in finals and knows what it is to play a season as a professional (albeit the differences between europe and NBA). These are big intangibles. He is much more likely to be able to adapt to new enviroments and to perform under pressure which are big ifs for some of the college kids drafted high this year.
    He CHOKED in all of those finals. He did NOT perform in those finals. He is LESS likely to perform in important games based on how he played in those finals, because he has proven again and again and again for YEARS now that he is mentally weak and physically soft.

He makes LeBron look like Jordan, in terms of being a big game performer.

You are trolling like no other in the forum right now.

I rule the local playground

I have to agree with Euroleague.Mirotic screams huge bust to me.Yeah he's skilled but so was Bargani.Dude is soft,disappears in big games,cant rebound,cant play defense.In the ACB finals he was outplayed by 35 year old Boki Nachbar for gods sake.He could turn into a decent role player but if someone expects new Dirk,just forget it.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Anybody who follows Euroleagues wanna chime in on Jusuf Nurkic? Dude just dominated this tournament he was in but I have no idea about the level of competition, seems like it was awful. Seen some numbers in the Eurocup but no knowledge of that either.

Assuming if you've seen Mirotic/Saric you might know stuff about Nurkic too
    It was u20 European championship division B (so all the bad teams) so it was very easy for him to dominate.
    That being said he is without a doubt better than any player that played in division A and a lot of Cs that play for their senior NTs.

He had a great season with Cedevita and it can be argued that he was best C in Adriatic league.
    I heard some people compare him with Pekovic but that's wrong IMO. Don't get me wrong Nurkic is strong, very strong, maybe the strongest C in Adriatic league but he isn't strong like Pekovic who based his game on his strenght.
    What makes Nurkic so good and such an interesting prospect is that despite him being so big he's also very mobile . So you have a C that is stronger or quicker (or in some cases both) than his opponent and is also a great defender. Now imagine what will happen if he improves his offense ( which is already good ) and stops making stupid fouls ( his biggest problem so far ).

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    It was u20 European championship division B (so all the bad teams) so it was very easy for him to dominate.
    That being said he is without a doubt better than any player that played in division A and a lot of Cs that play for their senior NTs.

He had a great season with Cedevita and it can be argued that he was best C in Adriatic league.
    I heard some people compare him with Pekovic but that's wrong IMO. Don't get me wrong Nurkic is strong, very strong, maybe the strongest C in Adriatic league but he isn't strong like Pekovic who based his game on his strenght.
    What makes Nurkic so good and such an interesting prospect is that despite him being so big he's also very mobile . So you have a C that is stronger or quicker (or in some cases both) than his opponent and is also a great defender. Now imagine what will happen if he improves his offense ( which is already good ) and stops making stupid fouls ( his biggest problem so far ).
    It's hard to project how players will turn out in 3-4 years. Mirotic is clearly a much more proven player at this point having excelled at the EL level, and Saric has yet to prove anything at the EL level at this point, but just having watched a little bit of Saric, and with our GM having seen games in the Adriatic League in person, I believe Saric will be the better prospect in 3-4 years.

From I have been told, Saric could turn out to be a special player, not just some stand in the corner 3 pt shooter. Bill Simmons himself said in the Draft that "he fell in love" watching Saric at 3am on You Tube. LOL

We shall see, and I will look forward to getting reports on Efes games this year. Of course, for 76er fans, Croatia will also have Saric on the WC team in Aug. unless I'm wrong about this.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 07-24-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He CHOKED in all of those finals. He did NOT perform in those finals. He is LESS likely to perform in those finals, because he has proven again and again and again for YEARS now that he is mentally weak and physically soft.

You are trolling like no other in the forum right now.

Your posting style is just noise and fluff.

Will you just listen to the feedback people are giving you and take it on board?

You truly are way too emotional for a message board. Go find another hobby :

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    No a-hole, you insulted me for NO REASON in the opening post.

You called me out jerk.

Now in this post you MAKE UP LIES ABOUT ME. "Every player in Europe is bad to you". TOTAL BULLSHIT. You just make up LIES about me and troll the living hell out of me for no reason. "Every time a player over there (only racists and xenophobes say "over there") is mentioned you dog them" - totally and completely UNTRUE and a freaking LIE.

You are an enormous douche bag and one of the biggest jerks to ever post in this forum.

I guess next time I start a thread I will say, "everyone except that a-hole racist GOBB can reply in this thread"....

and then if you dare have the freaking audacity to reply, I can just be all incredibly offended, and just start making up a bunch of totally untrue things about you and just start posting them, claiming they are true, even though they are not.
    You're a mental case. I don't see why someone hasn't took the time to put two bullets in the back of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You're a mental case. I don't see why someone hasn't took the time to put two bullets in the back of your head.
    No overreaction there.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    No overreaction there.
    -"none whatsoever"

I thought this was funny at first, but then if someone on ish actually did do that, I'd feel shit for laughing..

Tbh, I dont think euro league is capable of reasoning..

Nikola Mirotic is

named the 2010-11 and 2011-12 Euroleague Rising Star...named to the 2012-13 All-Euroleague Second Team...named the 2011-12 Euroleague December MVP...named the 2013-14 Euroleague October MVP...named the 2011-12 Euroleague Week-8 MVP...named the 2013-14 Euroleague Round 1 MVP...won the 2012-13 Spanish National Championship with Real Madrid CF...won the 2012 and 2014 Spanish National Cup (King's Cup) with Real Madrid CF...named the 2014 Spanish Cup Final MVP...won the 2012 and 2013 Spanish Super Cup with Real Madrid CF...has been member of the Spanish U-20 National Team.

^^^Worthless reply have a red box on me.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I thought this was funny at first, but then if someone on ish actually did do that, I'd feel shit for laughing..

Tbh, I dont think euro league is capable of reasoning..
    To quote the great Russian Ivan Drago

"If he dies...he dies"
    Last edited by GOBB; 07-24-2014 at 12:36 PM.

^^^Worthless reply have a red box on me.

To quite the great Russian Ivan Drago

"If he dies...he dies"

Rocky 4 ftw

Best in the series hands down

Saw a basketball once

I am from Europe, in fact I am from Spain and Real Madrid (the team where Mirotic played the lasts years in Europe) is my favourite team.

- Mirotic wasn

I don't know how someone can actually say how Mirotic will pan out in NBA at this time.

He's skilled in offense and can REALLY shot, but he's not very explosive to play at the 3.
    Because he's offensive skilled he has advantage playing at the 4 (stretching out, creating mismatches), but he's not strong enough to play defense at the 4.

I really think that it will depend on the system that he will play and how they use him.