Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: lakers bros, how you feel about jeremy on the lakers now?

im ok with Lin but Im not fond of the huge Asian bandwagon that will form

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I don't love it but I don't hate it. It'll be entertaining to watch for sure but they're going to struggle next season regardless.
    Don't be so negative, this is just the first move. Kobe, Randle & Lin are solid, let's see what Mitch is cooking before we talk struggle.

I at least hope we get back to the 2011 & 2012 season days. We didn't accomplish anything but the regular season was really fun to watch and we won a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    Truthfully I'm more excited to have Lin come to the Lakers than Melo. We all know kobe's not going to be able to take as many FGA as he used to so we need a PG who's willing to shoot who will take that pressure off of gasol as well. With Randle in the mix everything balances out, don't you see? Melo would've just turned the offense into a bricking competition. And sure Lin likes to chuck it too but I'm sure Kobe will be able to talk some sense into him.

For me how they would have played is whatever. But signing Melo to a max contract with Kobe's massive contract would have been a disaster IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    if they can free up Nash's salary, they have 28 million to spend.... they could offer Bosh 18 and Lance 10.

Lin
    Lance
    Kobe
    Randle
    Bosh

might work with the right coach.

not sure what offer they have out to Bosh or if he's listening to anyone other than Miami or Houston
    To trade Nash they need to take on at least 6 mil in contracts. Kobe's deal has crippled them, they will not make the playoffs next year unless Melo signs. In that case they are a first round exit. If Melo and Gasol, sign (I can't see it) They could win a series, but the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets and Spurs are at least as good.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i like this deal. if lin works out, extend him for a reasonable contract. if he doesnt, go hard after dragic or rondo next summer.

Better than Nash at this point since he can stay on the floor, and he only has one year left I believe, so it doesn't hurt us.

It seems like Kobe's only playing two more years though, so this move (to me, for now) makes it look like we won't be a threat to do damage in the playoffs this season, which does suck.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    To trade Nash they need to take on at least 6 mil in contracts. Kobe's deal has crippled them, they will not make the playoffs next year unless Melo signs. In that case they are a first round exit. If Melo and Gasol, sign (I can't see it) They could win a series, but the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets and Spurs are at least as good.
    I don't think any team at this point is so much better than anyone else that it's a guarantee they will win the championship. The Spurs have the best coach and a great system with strong players in all positions so they're the best choice but even they can be pushed as we saw in the first round last year.

I just want the Lakers to be competitive again. That doesn't mean championship expectations, just in the fight.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choppermagic
    Why would anyone care that he scored 38 on the Lakers? Isn't the point you want to acquire players with at least the potential to be great? They added Steve Blake after he dropped a great triple double on them too. You want players that are good, not just the crappy ones.
    I still remember this.
    Last game of the season when Steve Blake was on the Clippers.

I rep Lakers!

I need to see the end results. We still have money to spend and I think we may get rid of Nash.

Grade - Incomplete

But I still think for Melo

Lin,Kobe,Gasol, Randle >>>>>>> Rose,Noah,Butler,Doug

In NY, Lin was BFF with Landry.

In Houston, it was Parsons.

In LA, will it be Nash?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

so with lin (granted, we stretch nash) as worst we'd still have about 20 mil in cap. maybe more (not sure how much lins contract eats)

Lakers can still fill the team with good role players. lin is a pick and roll PG, and right now, we have no Pick and roll players. Hill and lin may look good together, though.

Lin
    Bazemore? or Kobe starts
    Kobe or Re-sign Wes and have him start here
    Randle
    Hill

3 players who can create offense and 2 players for defensive purposes. cohesive and if healthy, somewhat dangerous

I love it. I've always defended this fvcker.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    so with lin (granted, we stretch nash) as worst we'd still have about 20 mil in cap. maybe more (not sure how much lins contract eats)

Lakers can still fill the team with good role players. lin is a pick and roll PG, and right now, we have no Pick and roll players. Hill and lin may look good together, though.
    Bosh would be a perfect big to play the pick n roll with Lin, as would Gasol.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity

You guys have Kobe.
    Only Kobe will be holding the ball everyone knows this. He's a ball hog.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Don't be so negative, this is just the first move. Kobe, Randle & Lin are solid, let's see what Mitch is cooking before we talk struggle.

I at least hope we get back to the 2011 & 2012 season days. We didn't accomplish anything but the regular season was really fun to watch and we won a lot of games.

Well this is dependent on what Randle and Kobe are going to look like.

If Randle is solid and Kobe looks good then they'll be a competitive team depending on other moves they'll make.

If Randle struggles and Kobe has a hard time staying away from injury then they'll feel it for sure.

Either way it'll be entertaining