Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Kupchak not hopeful of re-signing Odom

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Every mil is equal to two when your over the cap. If they pay him 10 instead of 8, that would mean paying 4 million more... since they will be paying a dollar for dollar tax..
    that 2 million is probably not the deal breaker.. odom is probably looking for 6 years or something like that.. it's probably something else. an option clause or something that is keeping this from getting done

Da Mavs

If Odom got like a 5 year deal, you'd essentially be paying 20 mill for 34 yr old Odom....

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Mitch should wait and see if Odom still doesn't accept and try and do a S&T. Hinrich?
    Please NO Hinrich!!!!!!!!!!!!

NBA Finals

Go to Portland or OKC Lamar!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    but its not 1 mill for odom. it really about 5 mill. that what odom is losing. maybe even 6 or 7. and like i said earlier why should he have to pay guys like vuachic or walton or shannon brown or bynum. cuz in essence thats what being asked to do. look at it this way. im sure we all work would you like it if your boss came to you and said we need you to take a little less money even thougfh overall your doing a good job, work extra hours do the dirty work etc. how would you feel? i believe he feel underappreciated.
    That's not how I look at it at all.

Being that Odom is a critical piece, and has been with the Lakers this long... the way I look at it is me being a supervisor, and the head manager coming to me and saying, "hey, I know you should be getting a raise, but we just hired this guy making minimum wage"

Because they shouldn't have signed Brown for $2M if that same $2M discrepancy is now coming back to bite them.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    That's not how I look at it at all.

Being that Odom is a critical piece, and has been with the Lakers this long... the way I look at it is me being a supervisor, and the head manager coming to me and saying, "hey, I know you should be getting a raise, but we just hired this guy making minimum wage"

Because they shouldn't have signed Brown for $2M if that same $2M discrepancy is now coming back to bite them.
    but they didnt just hire any of those guys and all got raises. and dont do nearly as much as odom. except for bynum.

Cuban "Well, Mr. Odom, we're very excited about making you an offer."

Odom "Really? What a relief. I was beginning to think no one wanted me".

Cuban "Nonsense. We really need a promising big man. I see a big future for you here in Dallas, Greg."

Odom "That's just....wait, my name is Lamar."

Cuban "Huh? Greg....Greg Odom right?"

Odom "No, no....that's Greg ODEN....I'm Lamar ODOM".

Cuban "Oooooooooooooooooo................."

........long pause..............

Cuban "Ouch.......this is awkward........"

Trade Scenario:

LA gets

Josh Howard (expirer)

Dallas gets

Lamar Odom (5 years, $47.5 million)

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Trade Scenario:

LA gets

Josh Howard (expirer)

Dallas gets

SMH

Odom still hopeful

The negotiations between Lamar Odom's agent and the Lakers took a turn for the worse Monday afternoon, but it didn't stop Odom from attending a celebration at the Nokia Theater for the release of the Lakers championship DVD.

Odom was about an hour and a half late, but said he wanted to attend to because ``These are my brothers. We have a whole DVD about our season, it just seems surreal. You don't ever know when or how or if you're going to experience this again.''

It's hard to say if it was the traffic on the way to downtown L.A. that was causing the change in mood, but it Odom certainly didn't seem as calm or cool as he normally does.

Absolutely no one expected the negotiations to take this long and while he clearly wants to return to the Lakers, it was clear the process has worn on him.

``It's business, you know what I'm saying,'' he said. ``It takes a little bit of the fun out of the game, but it's part of it.''

Asked whether he felt at all unloved or unappreciated by the Lakers, Odom paused and said, ``Ummm, it's just the way it is. It'll pay off.''

He did however acknowledge a bit of disappointment the negotiations haven't gone as well as he'd hoped.

``It's crazy because if you think about my career and playing basketball and somebody trying to do all the things to help a team win a championship, I felt like I've done that you know,'' he said. ``But it'll pay off. It'll pay off.''

Odom said he'd been laying low since the season ended and had made a point of not negotiating through the media because it was his intention to return to the Lakers and he didn't want to influence the process taking place between his agent and the Lakers.

Local High School Star

Odom said he's still ``hopeful'' he'll be back with the Lakers.

Odom: ``It's business. It takes a little bit of the fun out of the game, but it's part of it.

Odom: ``That's how negotiations are. Sometimes you're right on the same page and sometiems you're way off, that's just part of it.

Odom says he doesn't regret coming off the bench last season. ``We won a title,'' he said, pointing to the TV screen showing highlights.
    I hope he comes back. What's with these dudes thinking they are hot sh!t knowing damn well Kobe made their careers? Ariza was one failed team away from playing in the Euroleague and Odom was 1 strike away from getting expelled. I see you Smush Parker!

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Trade Scenario:

LA gets

Josh Howard (expirer)

Dallas gets

stop...lol

why would the lakers sign and trade odom for josh howard, the guy is making 10.9 million... they may as well just give odom 10.9

do people think anymore?

[COLOR="White"]waits for hawk fan to point out it's an expiring contract and completly miss the fact odom's has expired.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by gts; 07-14-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Knicks 2010 Champs

If Kobe had taken that paycut....

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    If your mom had taken that Abortion plan....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    He didn't even sign the extension you moron.

does odom and ariza share an agent?