Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default San Antonio Spurs are the ONLY team with Top 5 offense and Top 5 defense this season

Off:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...t/offensiveEff

Def:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...t/defensiveEff

That's pretty freakin' impressive. Dat veteran team.

We all know Duncan, Parker and Manu are on their last leg. But can they make one last run this season?

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs are the ONLY team with Top 5 offense and Top 5 defense this season

Quote Originally Posted by GoranDragon
    Off:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...t/offensiveEff

Def:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...t/defensiveEff

That's pretty freakin' impressive. Dat veteran team.

We all know Duncan, Parker and Manu are on their last leg. But can they make one last run this season?
    Nope. They can't get by OKC - get burned, not by KD or Westbrooke, but by Reggie Jackson for the third straight game.

3 starters out - not looking good vs Heat.

Pop has failed to incorporate Kwahi Leonard into the offense. He's 22 years old and being played only 28 minutes. How will he improve if he doesn't get minutes or touches? Pop is clueless as how to have a SF score in his system other than at the 3 point line. Bowen (understandable), RJ and now KL - with no role in the offense. Pop is stunting his growth. On any other team, he'd be playing 35+ minutes.

Banned

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs are the ONLY team with Top 5 offense and Top 5 defense this season

They will get pass OKC. The bigger threats are PHX, POR and HOU.

You must be kidding. It's

OKC
    POR
    HOU

It will be hard for Spurs to reach the Finals, but never count them out, they are like vintage Swiss clock - old, but working perfectly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    You must be kidding. It's

OKC
    POR
    HOU
    When Bledsoe is healthy again we'll see.

You're a Spurs fan, you should remember something about Goran Dragic going scorched earth on your team.

Local High School Star dabigbaws's Avatar

theres no way spurs are beating OKC

That's great, but let's be real

They're 1-9 against top teams in the league, (1-10) if they got beaten tmr by Miami).

That's not good at all, i have watched alot of those games, their offense got stuck in the 4th quarter and they seem too old when playing HOU/POR/OKC.

Maybe they're really missing Tiago splitter and Danny Green, but i don't see that, it's just they're getting old to run with those kind of teams.

Good High School Starter jcsrplumply's Avatar

I know that you are a big suns fan, but no.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jcsrplumply
    I know that you are a big suns fan, but no.
    Particularly against the Spurs, the Suns are the perfect matchup. Goran Dragic is the Spurs Achilles heel. And we can out run the aging team with our young core.

I hope PHX sees SA in the playoffs, prove my point once and for all.

Very good NBA starter

Some of the Spurs struggles are deceiving imo, but some of them are def real. They're not the youngest team that's for sure. Still think they could afford to make a trade and go for one last hurrah with another star/impact player. What's hurting them now is they can't get everybody on the floor at the same time. Kawhi, Tiago, and Green have sustained various injuries. Leonard is now out 3-4 weeks which hurts alot as he's the Spurs' best rebounder and defender outside of TD.

As far as the OP, top-5 offense and defense is impressive. What's intriguing about the Spurs though is that there's a couple gears they've yet to kick into and Pop really parcels out the minutes in RS... yet they're already playing above average, albeit aren't beating the teams they need to beat (doesn't necessarily mean they can't later on).

Just on talent, system, experience, and coaching alone I think they can get to the WCF. From there, the uphill battle gets much steeper though. Wouldn't at all be surprised if they "surprise" everybody in NBA fan base / ISH and "exceed expectations" again after a decade of doing so. they're no less hungry or determined than any other team

Good High School Starter jcsrplumply's Avatar

Particularly against the Spurs, the Suns are the perfect matchup. Goran Dragic is the Spurs Achilles heel. And we can out run the aging team with our young core.

I hope PHX sees SA in the playoffs, prove my point once and for all.
    Well I guess I just have to see it first to believe, I just think that OKC has a better chance than PHX.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jcsrplumply
    Well I guess I just have to see it first to believe, I just think that OKC has a better chance than PHX.
    OKC has a double edge sword in Westbrook. He can be their downfall as much as their key to success. And Pop is the perfect coach to exploit Westbrook's low bball iq, neutralizing Durant's scoring.

On the other hand, PHX has a well suited coach in Hornacek who can fully utilize his assets.

Heat match-up very well with thunder. thunder match-up very well with spurs. Spurs because of duncan and multiple screen offense matches well with heat.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Heat matchup very well with anyone except the Pacers. If they get the Spurs I think they would win again in 6.