Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: How good is Lebron really?

He firmly stands at #45 all time. He just isn't that good imho.

For the record I think Lebron is by far the best player in the game today, but hypothetically if he doesn't win another title, where does he go down? A top 3 player with 2 rings?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    For the record I think Lebron is by far the best player in the game today, but hypothetically if he doesn't win another title, where does he go down? A top 3 player with 2 rings?
    By far? Durant is right there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I know these troll threads cause a chain reaction of other trolls posting in it.... but damn, sometimes i dont even know if some of you are serious or not.... if serious, would find it very interesting to see which 2-5 players are keeping Lebron out of your top 10...
    Most insecure board ever.

I didn't say Lebron was garb, I just asked how good he really is.

He's going into his 12th season. Say he wins another MVP and another ring. 5 MVPs and 3 titles, how far does that get you? That would put Lebron in line with MJ and Russell, but where Lebron would have 3 titles, MJ has 6 and Russell would have 11 (kinda cheap but whatever).

Purely from an accolades stand point...

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I know these troll threads cause a chain reaction of other trolls posting in it.... but damn, sometimes i dont even know if some of you are serious or not.... if serious, would find it very interesting to see which 2-5 players are keeping Lebron out of your top 10...
    DR.J Moses Hondo Mikan Pettit

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    DR.J Moses Hondo Mikan Pettit

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    I think Lebron is the better player but Kobe has had the better career.

his whole career in the weak ec and super stacked teams for his rings. now just left the heat for a more talented cavaliers team, but signed just for 2 years (last year player option), either for opting out an renegotiating a better max contract (lol) or leaving the cavs for another team with even more talent.

he right now in the 25-35 range

NBA All-star

He could be a really good passer even without being a good scorer
    He could be the most efficient player on a stacked team
    He helps you eat up the shot clock on the defensive end against opposing teams

As for the Lebron Nash comparison

Nash can probably play with second unit players and put up enough points so the game remains close to the end.
    Lebron playing with the second unit players won't mean much unless he builds enough lead, because his playing style doesn't help create spacing for players to operate.

You put Nash with players who are elite players, and either they have to be great shooters in order to disguise their need for shot attempts per game, since once a player starts having iso plays or shot attempts, it disrupts the spacing required for Nash to be affective.

You put LeBron with elite players, and the biggest hit on the role players will be their assist numbers.

Top 25. Hes in the 19-21 range

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Top 25. Hes in the 19-21 range
    Stop describing Kobe.

Behind Hakeem, who's 2 titles were far more impressive.

You can't rate a player while they are still playing. You need context... which doesn't come in the moment. The only players you can rate while they are playing are dudes who either have no shot at being top-10/GOAT or those that are undeniably GOAT. Like if a dude came into the NBA and won 5 straight rings averaging 50 ppg. We'd be like HMM GOAT?

So, with LeBron... you know his resume, but he's coming off a big L. The kind of L no top ten in their prime player should ever take, against a non-all-time-great team. Got FMVP'd by his match up. Super salty. He's a ghost in that his presence isn't taking up an all-time spot ATM, but his ghost has been moved outside of the top ten, to me. With a three peat, he probably could have been solidified.

What does he have? Back to back, one in a lockout year. Two devastating losses... on a super-team he built, now he's trying to (assuming you believe the hype) GM another team. This dude is losing ground.

He's a great talent, but a headcase. It is arguable that he can win without a certain team, as well. I think he's gonna get at least one more ring... which will be in Cleveland, and he thinks that will erase the whole BS of the decision. Maybe it will to some people, but not me... again, we can look back with context on that shit. We can see what is happening and what happened.

Every time he does something that seems to put him closer to where he wants to be, he does some ****ing stupid shit (like going back to Cleveland and trying to get Kevin Love) that is a black mark against "his legacy."

If I had to say where Bron is now I'd say 15-20.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Behind Hakeem, who's 2 titles were far more impressive.
    So MJ being goddamn RETIRED means impressive huh? Means no asterisks huh?