Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The improvement of Lance Stephenson

Paul George - 10th pick overall
    Roy Hibbert - 17th pick overall
    Lance Stephenson - 40th pick overall

How dey do dat?
    I remember Knicks fans wanting nothing to do with him during the draft and they were all excited about drafting Andy Rautins over him

NBA sixth man of the year

Again, Bird has stated that he plans to re-sign Lance...Even at Paul George's signing, he said "Don't worry Lance, you'll be up here next year". And thats just one quote. I don't know if we can keep Granger or not...Who knows, by the end of the season, we may have a great year and Granger decides he wants to stay here for less...He has committed to taking a lesser role in local interviews and maybe at this point he's more concerned with winning over money..the team has great chemistry and he has great chemistry with his teammates even now.

As far as I've known, Bird has always loved Lance. Thats why he kept him on the roster..He just needed a chance to let him play and that happened when Granger got hurt.

Lance won't keep up the 3 point percentage but he can keep up the rest of his numbers and I think his assist totals can go up as the season goes on and the offense gets better. I love his attitude, absolutely love it. I don't care what people think of him. He reminds of a guy like myself who came from the same type of neighborhood that I did and still do live in. But if you watch his game, yes he has that attitude, but he's a pretty calm dude on the court as far as after the play antics goes. He was fouled hard by Heinrich the other day and although he got up quickly with an attitude, he walked straight to the free throw line as he often does. He just wants to show opponents that he won't back down but he's not looking to start any actual trouble on the court and pick up technicals, etc....

Fire Dwane Casey

I don't see him keeping this up but he's definitely showing signs of what he could be in the future. People often forget this guy was a top high school player coming into college and he killed his draft stock with his attitude + didn't adjust well to the college game.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

How dey do dat?
    Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

How dey do dat?
    Wait, was all those picks from the same draft? If so, damn that draft worked out awesome for them. They got their starting C, SF and SG all in one draft.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

He's a cross between Matt Barnes and Tyreke Evans he's got the Barnes nasty in him with Evans skillset.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    He's a cross between Matt Barnes and Tyreke Evans he's got the Barnes nasty in him with Evans skillset.
    Matt Barnes has always been one of my favorite role players because of how much he hustles and how little money he demands. He's a good defender, unselfish, and a very good rebounder.

He's been such a value player throughout his career, getting paid shit. He finally got a decent contract from the Clippers though.

Love everything about the Pacers organisation lately. They are similar to the Spurs in ways, in that they have been able to draft well and develop their own talent.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    They need to package Granger as an expiring to get a serviceable PG.

George Hill is the weakest link on the team by FAR.
    This and this.

Granger for Eric Maynor + pieces?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    I don't see him keeping this up but he's definitely showing signs of what he could be in the future. People often forget this guy was a top high school player coming into college and he killed his draft stock with his attitude + didn't adjust well to the college game.
    Everyone here in New York who follows basketball knows all about Lance. Was considered legendary by many several years back.

I dont know what the salary cap/luxury tax will be next season. Its a little under $72mil this season. Next year Pacers are on the books for $65mil. That's about $7mil. They would be pushing it close signing Lance without going over the tax. Lance can get $8mil per. And with other teams having the chance to lure him financially? Good luck.

Then again I guess Lance first year can be cheap and just backload the deal if thats possible. Unsure how NBA contracts are structured. I mean Lin/Asik deals where made where they got less early and it was backloaded like hell. So.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

born ready :) he was a star in highschool .. his game didnt transition well when he was in college and have out of court issues so he wasnt drafted like he was projected .... good to see him pan out...

I think someone will try to over pay him.. but this is the best place for stephenson so i guess and hope he stays..

PG+ Stevenson and Hibbert is the young core of this group ...
    kinda like Durant + westbrook + ibaka

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    People were pretty high on him when he was drafted but he never really got to play until Granger went down. I remember hearing Bird didn't really like him and that he pushed his girlfriend down the stairs. IDK, but he looked great in the ECF last year. Indy is in a very, very good place for years to come. If they could get rid of Granger's contract and take that off the books, they can sign more good bench players and probably become the deepest team in the league.
    Larry must really hate Lance if he's pushing his girlfriend down staircases

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Larry must really hate Lance if he's pushing his girlfriend down staircases
    Maybe Bird didn't like her?