Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Is Carmelo Anthony on his prime?

worst superstar ever, literally zero intangibles

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Is Carmelo Anthony on his prime?

24 Million/year

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar

worst superstar ever, literally zero intangibles
    If he has to do nothing but score, he can be a near-excellent player....somethimes.

Like the first half of the 2009 WCF.
    Last edited by Magic 32; 12-05-2014 at 01:03 PM.

He doesn't make anyone better, not with his Melo-ball. I am sick of his end of the game trying to be a hero attitude. Motherfcker, pass the fcking ball to the open guy. You've already proven you are no hero, he is shooting bran-esque 2-27 on game winning or game tying shots. He is no superstar. A star, sure.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

that ni99a is actually releasing a documentary talking about how he is only in nyc for the money

He is not even the man of the house, LA LA has him on a leash.

Basketball Genius

he doesn't drive to the hoop, at all. he just shoots and smiles and says "i did all i could." no you didn't. doing all you can means being aggressive and driving to the hoop for easy opportunities to get your offense going and to make the defense respect you to open the game up.

Not a big fan of Melo and I miss the days when the Knicks had David Lee, Gallinari and Chandler. Instead the Knicks, in typical NY fashion, went all out for STAT, the supposive superstar, who has not played any better than David Lee and gave up Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov and Felton (who was good at the time) for Billups and Melo in a deal where the Nuggets had no leverage. The trade was typical of NY of going all out for the "superstar."

Knicks will continue to suck with Melo on the team making 20 million+ and no other superstar wants to play with him.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Not a big fan of Melo and I miss the days when the Knicks had David Lee, Gallinari and Chandler. Instead the Knicks, in typical NY fashion, went all out for STAT, the supposive superstar, who has not played any better than David Lee and gave up Gallinari, Chandler, Mozgov and Felton (who was good at the time) for Billups and Melo in a deal where the Nuggets had no leverage. The trade was typical of NY of going all out for the "superstar."

Knicks will continue to suck with Melo on the team making 20 million+ and no other superstar wants to play with him.
    I became done with the knicks when they made that trade for Melo

I knew right then and there the franchise was hopeless as long as dolan was in charge

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    I became done with the knicks when they made that trade for Melo

I knew right then and there the franchise was hopeless as long as dolan was in charge
    Yep donnie Walsh did a great job rebuilding the team and Dolan ****ed it all up by giving up valuable assets for Melo when the Nuggets had no leverage.

throughout his career he has pretty much lost every single playoff series his team wasn't favored to win and many where his team was favored

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    throughout his career he has pretty much lost every single playoff series his team wasn't favored to win and many where his team was favored
    Beat Dallas in 09, not favored. Melo has never lost a series he was favored in, yet people want to judge him for not beating teams that were better than his . The closest might be the Pacer series, but that was pretty even steven noone was really favored.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Melo f*cking sucks.

Visibily exited his prime right before our eyes

Who would have thought Pau Gasol at literally over 100 million dollars cheaper would be a 20/11/2 blocks monster for the Bulls, while 124 million dollar man Carmelo would be having his worst statistical season since his 2nd year, while leading his team to the worst start in franchise history?

In hindsight, I'm glad the Melo to Chicago thing didn't work out. That front office has rebounded from that situation beautifully, built a damn good squad from what they had to work with.