Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-06-2014, 04:13 AM   #46
MellowYellow
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Is Carmelo Anthony on his prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic731
It's really easy to nitpick these things from our arm chairs hours after the game.

Seriously .6 seconds are elapsing in that picture, and this dude is acting like Melo had all day to get into position to defend right there.
MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:15 AM   #47
GimmeThat
NBA sixth man of the year

when you look at how that Denver team had gotten to the WCF.

Melo seems to be the type of player who you may be better off building with 8-12 mil type players, instead of another super star.

and I think "that" comes with his rebounding
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:33 AM   #48
Smook A.
Red Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow
Seriously .6 seconds are elapsing in that picture, and this dude is acting like Melo had all day to get into position to defend right there.
What?

Melo needed like 1 step to get in position. If he took that step and put his hands up, Kemba could've missed that layup.
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:01 AM   #49
MellowYellow
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
What?

Melo needed like 1 step to get in position. If he took that step and put his hands up, Kemba could've missed that layup.

Wrong, you don't know what you're talkin bout. He was in no position to take a charge at all.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:16 AM   #50
Smook A.
Red Nation

Quote:
Wrong, you don't know what you're talkin bout. He was in no position to take a charge at all.

Taking a charge wasn't his only option you brainless turd. How many times do I have repeat it? I told you like a hundred times that Carmelo could have either moved over and put his hands up to alter the shot or he could have tried stripping the ball. Instead, he didn't jack shit. Dude stopped and stared at Kemba like a deer when it looks at a car's headlights. And yes even with that little time, Melo could have made a move.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:32 AM   #51
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

lol he could have contested the shot
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:41 AM   #52
MellowYellow
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus
lol he could have contested the shot
from the other side of the rim?
Old 12-06-2014, 05:42 AM   #53
MellowYellow
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Taking a charge wasn't his only option you brainless turd. How many times do I have repeat it? I told you like a hundred times that Carmelo could have either moved over and put his hands up to alter the shot or he could have tried stripping the ball. Instead, he didn't jack shit. Dude stopped and stared at Kemba like a deer when it looks at a car's headlights. And yes even with that little time, Melo could have made a move.

watch the replay again, you don't seem to know what was going on.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:47 AM   #54
MellowYellow
Decent college freshman

Quote:

There was a whole slew of things that went wrong with that play starting with the personnel on the floor, and you want to blame Melo for not pulling off a miracle and somehow deflecting the shot or something? I don't see it at all, not without fouling.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #55
Smook A.
Red Nation

Quote:
from the other side of the rim?

Are you really telling me Melo couldn't make 1 big step to at least content the shot?

Quote:
watch the replay again, you don't seem to know what was going on.
I watched it enough to know that Carmelo could've moved a little to his right to strip/contest Kemba's layup.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:51 AM   #56
MellowYellow
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Are you really telling me Melo couldn't make 1 big step to at least content the shot?

I watched it enough to know that Carmelo could've moved a little to his right to strip/contest Kemba's layup.

nope he should have stayed right where he was and Amare should have forced Kemba to him, instead Matador D. Not Melo's fault bro.
Again the Knicks had a foul to give, why wasn't it used, you never answered that one.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:59 AM   #57
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
nope he should have stayed right where he was and Amare should have forced Kemba to him, instead Matador D. Not Melo's fault bro.
Again the Knicks had a foul to give, why wasn't it used, you never answered that one.

Have you played basketball? And tried to win? Just seriously think about what you yourself would do in the gym in Melo's position. Game on the line, you're in the restricted area (meaning you are in the vicinity of the hoop from any direction, that's why it's the restricted area), your teammate sucks at defense, and you are the leader of your team.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #58
Smook A.
Red Nation

Quote:
Oh my god dude. You're making this way too difficult. Kemba was going to blow by Pablo and Amar'e either way. He had a completely straight path to the hoop. If Melo stayed in his place, then Kemba would still get the bucket and the Knicks would've still lost by 1. All im saying is that Melo chould've moved just a little to contest the layup... that's all im saying. Watching the reply, he really didn't do anything. Hell, he didnt even try to strip the ball.

Look where they are. Melo had a lot of time to make a move
Old 12-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #59
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town

The Knicks should have had Dalembert and Acy in the game instead of Amare and whoever else. Dalembert is a no brainer since he can block shots and Acy is the best at switching/showing out on pick n rolls out of any of the bigs, that was a terrible line up with Amare (who get's lost on D more than any other player I have ever seen).

In all honesty Knicks didn't deserve to win that game anyway but yeah Melo should have done more in that situation.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #60
tontoz
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Oh my god dude. You're making this way too difficult. Kemba was going to blow by Pablo and Amar'e either way. He had a completely straight path to the hoop. If Melo stayed in his place, then Kemba would still get the bucket and the Knicks would've still lost by 1. All im saying is that Melo chould've moved just a little to contest the layup... that's all im saying. Watching the reply, he really didn't do anything. Hell, he didnt even try to strip the ball.

Look where they are. Melo had a lot of time to make a move

With so little time left you have to rotate to stop him from getting to the rim. That is just common sense.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: