Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Not gonna lie I'm gonna be depressed if The Rise of Skywalker sucks

and all signs point to it being absolute trash.

i would beat the shit out of rian johnson if i ever saw his punkass IRL for causing this disjointed mess.

Default Re: Not gonna lie I'm gonna be depressed if The Rise of Skywalker sucks

Well uh I hate to tell you but all of the Star Wars movies from the past 4 or 5 years have sucked absolute balls. The one scene where Vader comes out of the darkness was the only redeeming moment out of all of the Disney films and that lasted all of what? 60 seconds? 90?

Anyways...

This movie is going to suck.

But as far as good reviews go... it's either going to be a huge hit in both reviews and the box office or it's going to be a major bomb with the reviews and probably still do well at the box office. There are only like 3 or 4 days until it premieres and no reviews yet... typically not a good sign, but it could just mean they're being extremely tight lipped with spoilers.

Star Wars stopped being Star Wars the moment that Lucas stopped being at the helm. I don't care what anyone says... even the new trilogy from 1999 & the early 2000s was pretty decent. Phantom Menace is a good film(well as good as Star Wars goes anyways) that received a ton of shit and hate because it was never going to live up to the hype of a damn near 25 year absence or whatever it was.

The Disney Star Wars movies are all absolute garbage. They are atrociously bad.

Idiots need to stop trying to recreate a GOAT viewing experience.

You’re NOT going to recreate the experience of the first 3 movies.

You’re NOT going to recreate the experience of watching GOAT MJ.

You’re NOT going to recreate the experience of watching the GOAT Jerry Rice.

Just stop, it’s all embarrassing and mediocre attempts that all fall short.

who cares the OT isn't anything special anyways, it only was for it's time and certainly not a timeless classic (hence why they had to remaster and reanimate the entire OT)

they're 6.5/10 films that has a huge fanboy following of it's lore, that's it

it's not like big dick Chris Nolan is refacing the series like he did with Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Well uh I hate to tell you but all of the Star Wars movies from the past 4 or 5 years have sucked absolute balls. The one scene where Vader comes out of the darkness was the only redeeming moment out of all of the Disney films and that lasted all of what? 60 seconds? 90?

Anyways...

This movie is going to suck.

But as far as good reviews go... it's either going to be a huge hit in both reviews and the box office or it's going to be a major bomb with the reviews and probably still do well at the box office. There are only like 3 or 4 days until it premieres and no reviews yet... typically not a good sign, but it could just mean they're being extremely tight lipped with spoilers.

Star Wars stopped being Star Wars the moment that Lucas stopped being at the helm. I don't care what anyone says... even the new trilogy from 1999 & the early 2000s was pretty decent. Phantom Menace is a good film(well as good as Star Wars goes anyways) that received a ton of shit and hate because it was never going to live up to the hype of a damn near 25 year absence or whatever it was.

The Disney Star Wars movies are all absolute garbage. They are atrociously bad.
    TFA and Rogue One especially were awesome. Rogue One is top 3 star wars movie after 5 and 4 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    TFA and Rogue One especially were awesome. Rogue One is top 3 star wars movie after 5 and 4 IMO.
    No, they were f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    No, they were f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking garbage.
    you're garbage you piece of shit. dont act like i wont smack the shit out of you bitch.

Be happy that they're wrapping up ties on all these old characters.

It's time to take the franchise in a new direction (like Aliens did with Prometheus/Covenant)

Time for THE OLD REPUBLIC

Rogue one was ok, everything else has been hot garbage..

Actually the only parts I really liked were the Vader scenes

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    Be happy that they're wrapping up ties on all these old characters.

It's time to take the franchise in a new direction (like Aliens did with Prometheus/Covenant)

Time for THE OLD REPUBLIC
    Yeah a new trilogy about the old republic would be awesome if they got the right people to write it. it would also be amazing if they came out with KOTOR 3 but alas that will never happen

If youve liked the Disney formula until this point youll probably like whatever theyre releasing this month. And next month, and the month after.

Just like if you liked the big mac and the mcchicken, youll probably love the mcrib. Mcdonalds doesnt just start putting out duck a l’orange with grilled asparagus and a mushroom terragon sauce. They know who their customers are and what they expect.

Commercial movie franchises are like that too.

Enjoy your Happy Meal.

Well, based on the trailers so far, it seems definite that Palpatine never died. He was already old, and it has been like 30 years since his "death." That means he must have spent 30 years figuring out his master Darth Plagues' immortality that he talked about with Anakin in episode 3. I don't think he figured out timetravel or whatever else.

I wonder what else he was doing all that time.. Perhaps Darth Vader never died either and the one from ep6 may have been just a clone?? Or perhaps Palpatine created a huge number of Vader clones in those 30 years? He could have also been rebuilding the Imperial fleet? Or maybe he was busy conquering the uncharted territories at the outer rim with that fleet and he finally decides to return home (bit like Thrawn if you are familiar with him from Star Wars Rebels)? Perhaps Palpatine was the chosen one all this time rather than Anakin?? Or the chosen one aka original Anakin is still alive and he dies for good here with his master Palpatine? It raises so many crazy & interesting possibilities, but it's also theories until we see the movie. Trailers are often intentionally misleading.
    Last edited by bladefd; 12-16-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Well, based on the trailers so far, it seems definite that Palpatine never died. He was already old, and it has been like 30 years since his "death." That means he must have spent 30 years figuring out his master Darth Plagues' immortality that he talked about with Anakin in episode 3. I don't think he figured out timetravel or whatever else.

I wonder what else he was doing all that time.. Perhaps Darth Vader never died either and the one from ep6 may have been just a clone?? Or perhaps Palpatine created a huge number of Vader clones in those 30 years? He could have also been rebuilding the Imperial fleet? Or maybe he was busy conquering the uncharted territories at the outer rim with that fleet and he finally decides to return home (bit like Thrawn if you are familiar with him from Star Wars Rebels)? Perhaps Palpatine was the chosen one all this time rather than Anakin?? Or the chosen one aka original Anakin is still alive and he dies for good here with his master Palpatine? It raises so many crazy & interesting possibilities, but it's also theories until we see the movie. Trailers are often intentionally misleading.

so basically episode 6 was worthless then.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

I've never seen any of them.

Are any of them must watch?

God's my 8 yr old has been watching Jessie on Disney plus. There's your problem with Disney and movies in a nutshell.