Default Nets trade forward Kevin Garnett for Forward Thaddeus Young

Kevin Garnett is returning to the place it all began.

Garnett agreed to drop his no-trade clause and accept a trade from the Brooklyn Nets to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Thaddeus Young, his agent confirmed Thursday on Twitter.
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?s...rk&src=desktop

I like the deal for both sides. Nets get 12 years younger at the PF starting spot lol. They get more athletic, more offense and versatility. The fact he can play SF too and switch over is nice. Nice to get athleticism on the wings too.
    Could see Jack-Johnson-Young-Lopez-Plumlee. The T wolves get kg's experience leadership, his expiring contract and his defense and rebounding. Most importantly his mentoring for the MANY young t wolves players most importantly Dieng and Wiggins imo.

Default Re: Nets trade forward Kevin Garnett for Forward Thaddeus Young

Even though it was short, I really appreciated his time here. I just want to thank KG for coming here. He could have chose not to come with Pierce but he decided to come at a chance to win another title. I'm sad we couldn't do that for him but he still came to work everyday this season and still plays with the same intensity he's played for 20 years. He also helped with the devlopment of Brook and Mason and is the best on court leader we've had since Jason Kidd. I'll always root for him.

That said, I really like the trade. Thad Young is a great spot up shooter and in my opinion fits perfectly with Brook. Not to mention HE'S YOUNG(no pun intended)! I hope we can turn this season around with him.

Default Re: Nets trade forward Kevin Garnett for Forward Thaddeus Young

KG gone from Nets

Before we say farewell to KG, we should acknowledge Brooklyn made a good deal basketball-wise and financially in getting Young. GM Billy King drafted the forward in Philadelphia and has coveted him for some time. Young likely won