Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Nash on Curry: 'He's taken what I did to another level',most skilled player ever

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    I think both are capable of playing eachothers way, just not as good

As Curry's passing is overlooked due to his shooting

Nash's shooting is overlooked by his passing
    I doubt Nash was capable of 'this' level of scoring even if he concentrated more on it. He was a marksman for sure, but Curry's release is pretty much un-guardable. Basically from the point he's within 30 feet, you have to really start worrying about him launching a 3. So yeah, they probably could duplicate each other's play *but not as good*, but I think Curry could assimilate Nash's style in terms of the pass-first mentality better than Nash would putting on the kind of offensive performance Curry has shown.

Default Re: Nash on Curry: 'He's taken what I did to another level',most skilled player ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Na, Curry is not like Nash. Curry is Curry, straight up. Never before been a player like him, sure as hell not pass first Steve ****ing Nash. Did he ever even score over 30 in a game??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ZesF2ioEE

Playoff high 48...

Anyone that was around to see him play in his prime knows he was a very skilled shooter just like Curry is. Nash could score anywhere on the floor despite his limited athleticism. The similarities kick in because both are elite shooters and Nash being one of Curry's idols but Curry's handles are something else.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I doubt Nash was capable of 'this' level of scoring even if he concentrated more on it. He was a marksman for sure, but Curry's release is pretty much un-guardable. Basically from the point he's within 30 feet, you have to really start worrying about him launching a 3. So yeah, they probably could duplicate each other's play *but not as good*, but I think Curry could assimilate Nash's style in terms of the pass-first mentality better than Nash would putting on the kind of offensive performance Curry has shown.
    But Curry would be turnover prone playing Nash ball

Na, Curry is not like Nash. Curry is Curry, straight up. Never before been a player like him, sure as hell not pass first Steve ****ing Nash. Did he ever even score over 30 in a game??
    Found the guy that never watched Nash

Curry and Nash are very close stylistically. Nash just looked to pass more. Curry has a quicker release and and better scoring instincts, but from an aesthetics standpoint they are very similar.

Nash wasn't ever going to be a 30ppg scorer, but if he could definitely have been in the mid 20's range.

Uhm, I completely disagree.
    Dirk & Nash throughout the last 15 years, remind me so much of Curry.

I didn't fear any two players more than I did those two when the game was on the line. It just seemed they never missed. Especially when they were open.

That's the kind of fear I have for Curry.
    These guys were unconscious shooting the ball.

3 of the greatest ever, shooters.
    Curry is more of a score-first point guard though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Uhm, I completely disagree.
    Dirk & Nash throughout the last 15 years, remind me so much of Curry.

I didn't fear any two players more than I did those two when the game was on the line. It just seemed they never missed. Especially when they were open.

That's the kind of fear I have for Curry.
    These guys were unconscious shooting the ball.

3 of the greatest ever, shooters.
    Curry is more of a score-first point guard though.
    As great as Dirk, Nash, Ray, Reggie, West...etc. were as shooters...and I agree with your statement about late game situations.

Curry is just a level above all of those guys in terms of in game shooting. He's clearly the best shooter of all time and it's not remotely close imo.

nash and curry nothing alike

Banned

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

nash lead a number 1 offense with offensive studs

curry lead a number 1 offense with offensive duds

nash has never been part of a number 1 defense

curry lead a number 1 offense and a number 1 defense at the same time

nash has never made it to the WCF

curry 1/1

deal with it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    nash has never made it to the WCF

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

out of*

That's a joke... or you're a joke

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    That's a joke... or you're a joke
    Checkout the OT for more of his quackery. Being an awful poster on BOTH forums is a huge accomplishment for that idiot.

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

If I had to build a team with either Curry or Nash, I'd pick Nash. Nash has never had a team as deep as GS. I don't see him disappearing in the finals like Curry either.

Curry is nice, but his team deserves a lot more credit than they recieve.