Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would the Knicks have been contenders if LMA went there?

Zingis at C next to Aldridge, Melo at the 3, Afflalo at the 2,

This is assuming the Aldridge signing allows them to recruit a better PG in free agency

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Would the Knicks have been contenders if LMA went there?

Nah, but they will be in a few years when everyone starts clamoring to play with Zinggy.

Hell fking no. The Knicks roster is putrid. Stephen A and other Knick fans who wanted to try to win-now because of Carmelo's window are retarded.

LMA is very talented for sure (stating the obvious), but having low usage role players like a Robin Lopez can be a boon. Demand fewer touches, play defense, and do all the little things (make the smart pass, set good screens, space the floor if he's a shooter, etc.). Obviously you don't want a guy to be a complete liability in getting his own shot or finish, or else it doesn't punish the defense for leaving him unattended or even completely open.

That being said you need another dynamic shot creator to contend. I'm not sure who the best star alongside Melo would be, but I do wonder if there would be an issue with he and LMA liking to set up on the same parts of the floor. He and Billups worked well together.
    Last edited by fpliii; 11-20-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    LMA is very talented for sure (stating the obvious), but having low usage role players like a Robin Lopez can be a boon. Demand fewer touches, play defense, and do all the little things (make the smart pass, set good screens, space the floor if he's a shooter, etc.). Obviously you don't want a guy to be a complete liability in getting his own shot or finish, or else it doesn't punish the defense for leaving him unattended or even completely open.

That being said you need another dynamic shot creator to contend. I'm not sure who the best star alongside Melo would be, but I do wonder if there would be an issue with he and LMA liking to set up on the same parts of the floor. He and Billups worked well together.
    I'm hoping they go after Mike Conley next year. I think he'd be a good fit, and. I think he wants out of Memphis. Would play tough defense, and get the ball to Zing and Melo in the right spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I'm hoping they go after Mike Conley next year. I think he'd be a good fit, and. I think he wants out of Memphis. Would play tough defense, and get the ball to Zing and Melo in the right spots.
    Conley seems like he would be a perfect guy next to a superstar scoring wing/big. That's a solid lineup on both ends:

Conley-AA-Melo-Porzingis-Lopez

Flesh out the bench and you can do some damage.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I still think the Knicks look best when they Melo plays PF, where there's room for him to operate in that mid post, and take advantage of whatever kind of defender teams choose to throw at him.

Lopez is sort of a perfect fit at Center because he defends at the rim and can generally stay out of the way on offense and thrive off smart cuts and rebounds. And things get special during those stretches when Porzingis is going because he gives protection, and stretches offensively. I haven't really seen a ton of them playing all three together, and I watch way more Knicks than I care to admit (they're my local coverage, along with the Nets).

As much as I like Aldridge, and don't feel like the spacing would've worked.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Conley seems like he would be a perfect guy next to a superstar scoring wing/big. That's a solid lineup on both ends:

Conley-AA-Melo-Porzingis-Lopez

Flesh out the bench and you can do some damage.
    Melo is going to be 32 next season and he's set to make $25M+.

aldridge is a pussay... weak mentally to lead his own team in portland so he decided to jump ship to a stacked team

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    nice bargain deal!!! nice that you brought it up

Cap will be 89 million, and balloon to 109 million the following year. They'll still have space to add new players.

Aldridge on the Knicks would not have been good, as he would take away touches from Godzingis. It's his team already now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Cap will be 89 million, and balloon to 109 million the following year. They'll still have space to add new players.
    That wasn't my point. Dude is definitely on the last 1-2 years of his prime. He's inconsistent AF. The Knicks have a TINY window, if they want to actually make some noise with Melo. Even WITH the addition of Conley, the best the Knicks can do (IMO) is get booted by the Cav's from the ECF.

That wasn't my point. Dude is definitely on the last 1-2 years of his prime. He's inconsistent AF. The Knicks have a TINY window, if they want to actually make some noise with Melo. Even WITH the addition of Conley, the best the Knicks can do (IMO) is get booted by the Cav's from the ECF.
    and then melos deal comes off the books when porzingis has hit his prime and we already signed atleast one other marquee free agent in the next 2 years coming

u talk as if everything comes to a standstill after melo is done...

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    and then melos deal comes off the books when porzingis has hit his prime and we already signed atleast one other marquee free agent in the next 2 years coming

u talk as if everything comes to a standstill after melo is done...
    Melo's contract is gonna be done in '19. Marquee FA? Conley? KD? They'd both be like 31 in '19.

All I'm saying is that Melo has been a disappointment and is on a garbage ass contract.