Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Default Re: D-Wade's blatant travel with no call...Discuss

I get that it's unacceptable and it should be cleaned up just to make the game more watchable.. But how does it impact the game really..? (This particular travel)

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    I get that it's unacceptable and it should be cleaned up just to make the game more watchable.. But how does it impact the game really..? (This particular travel)
    The Blazers were denied an extra offensive possession from an obvious missed call? What happens if Wade is forced to make that pass instead of being allowed to take an extra step? He pulled it back for a reason.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    The Blazers were denied an extra offensive possession from an obvious missed call? What happens if Wade is forced to make that pass instead of being allowed to take an extra step? He pulled it back for a reason.
    His travel impacting the game, not the made or missed call. I disagree, this is just lazy play from Wade's part, he's not panicking to get rid of the ball or anything. Again, I understand why people strongly feel this should be called, but from a realistic standpoint those 5 seconds did not impact the game at all, so I'm all for play on.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    His travel impacting the game, not the made or missed call. I disagree, this is just lazy play from Wade's part, he's not panicking to get rid of the ball or anything. Again, I understand why people strongly feel this should be called, but from a realistic standpoint those 5 seconds did not impact the game at all, so I'm all for play on.
    If you don't think that improved his passing angle, then I don't know what to tell you...If he throws that pass or doesn't improve his passing angle, that can easily be a turnover. I mean, whats next, we let guys get away with blatantly carrying, palming, shooting airballs, committing fouls off the ball, moving screens away from the ball...what we're just not going to call any of that huh

And I agree with the other guys that if you've grown up playing ball all your life like a lot of us have, you have to actually TRY to travel that bad. You can't even do that on accident, lol. Damn near the first thing you learn is to keep your pivot. You learn that in 1st grade if you're playing at that age because I know I was.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Meh, no advantage was gained by the offensive player.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    Meh, no advantage was gained by the offensive player.
    Did you read the thread at all? Of course he gained an advantage, could have easily been a turnover, he pulled that pass back because it probably would've been picked off, then he's allowed to travel to get out of it....Then when he took another step, he was able to get the pass off...

I seriously don't understand how you can look at this play and defend this...

Go Spurs Go

LMAO @ wade's disrespect to the purity and integrity of the GAME I LOVE.

basketball purists are disgusted with this non-call. just more proof the the nba coddles and fondles its players nuts every night.

such a weak sport, imo. very watered down and all hype.. will never surpass NFL or world soccer.

Both feet are his pivot feet

NBA rookie of the year

Happens every night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOG-XmC6O4

^ And that was in a playoff game.

NBA rookie of the year

Banned

multiple refs are there how can they miss that call.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    TBH those travels that really have no impact on the game they should let go there's already enough stoppages in the game,if the travel leads to an advantage than yeah call it but if it's nothing that impacts the game imo just let it go like they did there.

It leads to an advantage to an opposing team possession if the ref call it

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Didn't effect the game and I'm happy the refs didn't call it. It was so unimportant that no one would've even noticed if some ass hole that still thinks it's 2011 and that it's cool to hate on the heat hadn't posted it on the internet.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Wade does this kind of stuff all the time. Last night I watched the game against the Pelicans and he did almost the exact same thing. I watched it again and counted the steps - I think he took about 5 steps without dribbling the ball