Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: D-Wade's blatant travel with no call...Discuss

That doesn't really give the team any advantage, though when it's that ridiculous, it should be called. Jordan had one just as bad as this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yibQ...e_gdata_player

Now this travel by Duncan definitely did give him an advantage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=invkPdN4hZE

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

It's nothing Kobe Bryant hasn't done :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbMyJz7dSEk

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    TBH those travels that really have no impact on the game they should let go there's already enough stoppages in the game,if the travel leads to an advantage than yeah call it but if it's nothing that impacts the game imo just let it go like they did there.
    On point here.

College superstar

TBH those travels that really have no impact on the game they should let go there's already enough stoppages in the game,if the travel leads to an advantage than yeah call it but if it's nothing that impacts the game imo just let it go like they did there.
    Coming in late, like always, but I agree with this post 100%.

...That being said, having qualifiers like that on calls would give even more power to the officials. I certainly agree with the sentiment, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    if you have actually watched most games this season then you'd know that all star players have been called for tavelling more than any season in my memory since 2000s.
    of course they will not call that travel because it is way out just like they don't call travel on open dunks.
    very early 90s was the last time i saw star players called for traveling this much.
    That's nice, but this play is ridiculous. No defending it - it's not a debatable gather while driving type play.

High School Starter

That looked stupid and should be called whether it be star or scrub, think it would affect the game as its a turnover, if you don't call 7 steps what's next

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    That looked stupid and should be called whether it be star or scrub, think it would affect the game as its a turnover, if you don't call 7 steps what's next
    Lol it was a change of 2 pivots. Hardly noticeable in the heat of the battle. I don't even know why the gif was counting at the gather for control.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

that's not the right perspective we should be looking at this, these are professionals working, this one travel doesn't have any impact in the game so, why do it then? wouldn't it be easier to just stay in the same spot if you grew up respecting these basic rules? there wouldn't need to be more stoppers if players respected these damn easy rules 8yo kids respect on a daily basis, this is definitely a case of referees slacking for a long period of time and that led to spoiled players with bad habits, a good part of the league does it regularly. That's the reason why these plays with no impact should be called, the players grew up respecting them and that's been lost because they stopped calling them at the same rate their salary raised

Quote Originally Posted by robert de niro
    that's not the right perspective we should be looking at this, these are professionals working, this one travel doesn't have any impact in the game so, why do it then? wouldn't it be easier to just stay in the same spot if you grew up respecting these basic rules? there wouldn't need to be more stoppers if players respected these damn easy rules 8yo kids respect on a daily basis, this is definitely a case of referees slacking for a long period of time and that led to spoiled players with bad habits, a good part of the league does it regularly. That's the reason why these plays with no impact should be called, the players grew up respecting them and that's been lost because they stopped calling them at the same rate their salary raised
    So are you going to call every moving screen? Every over the back? Every loose ball foul? Every 3 step layup? Every everything? What about the players who grab jerseys when posting up or boxing out? Reality is, this is a timed game and the game has to be as free flowing as possible. No one player is thinking, maybe I should take an extra step here or there. I bet you not even 1% of the fans in the stands saw that Wade travel. This play did not disintegrate the integrity of the game. It's the people lurking around trying to find every flaw in the game that is making it worse. The only people that should be complaining is the other team, but if they found nothing wrong with Wade did or at least didn't realize what had happened, it should be a no call. Right call. Move on.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Greatest travel since marjele. I still lol everytime I watch that clip

National High School Star

The funniest part is how he bounced it off his foot with little to no pressure afterwards.

The basketball gods in action

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    This.

Its not exactly a call you'd like to see called, just due to the fact hes at the top of the key, nothing is happening, and it'd slow the game down even more. But the fact he clearly doesn't give a shit for the rule, or even try to follow it is quite hilarious. Its as if all that was pushed and told to you as a youngster has just gone away.

I don't even play ball anymore hardly, but I sure as hell don't not bother to establish a pivot foot when playing. Its one of the first things you get called for. Guess that's the NBA for you.
    What do you mean nothing is happening? Wade has the ball looking for a pass, looks like some sort of double down play with players running around screens to get open.
    Wade gets better position and better passing angle for each small step, otherwise he wouldn't be doing it.

Banned

Why's he so lazy, just dribble.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    What's shocking isn't that they didn't call a travel... but how casually Wade travels without giving a fukc. I mean, he obviously doesn't give a shit about establishing a pivot foot. I don't think I could travel this badly if I tried.
    This...And folks are actually making excuses for it...like the ref couldn't see this..

:Edit-had to go back and read the thread, realizes the only Miami fans not making excuses for it are Pauk and Plowking...Reason why I can't stand this forum half the time. You can show people BLATANT proof of something and they'll just throw their home team glasses on and ignore it..Nobody said he should be suspended and shot...Dude is just asking about the blatant-non call...It won't damage your Heat nutriding skills to just admit, YES HE TRAVELED...Got damn...
    Last edited by Dro; 01-08-2014 at 04:56 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Lol it was a change of 2 pivots. Hardly noticeable in the heat of the battle. I don't even know why the gif was counting at the gather for control.
    Are you serious with this? Wait, this is ish, you probably are