Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why the dunk was banned:

Kareem's athleticism is underrated, most people only remember or only watch him with the Lakers in the mid to late 80s, deep in his 30s.
    7'2'' player that was really mobile and could jump, very coordinated

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Okay man I get it now, didn't mean to make fun of your tinfoil hat i didn't know it was protecting you from 'them' my bad.
    He really is that stupid. Just leave him alone.

I have long maintained that a PEAK Kareem played in the NBA in the early 70's. And this footage gives us a good indication as to why. From those clips, thru his UCLA days, and even the footage of his first year in the NBA, he was clearly at his athletic peak around the early 70's. He was much quicker, and more athletic, than even a mid-70's KAJ. CavsFan has posted footage of his very first NBA game, and in it, he was covering the entire floor. By his second season in the NBA, he would reach his PEAK. He was still as dominant in his third season, but he crumbled in the post-season. And yes, he was still great even into the early 80's, but once again, his PEAK came very early on.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT

Kareem's athleticism is underrated, most people only remember or only watch him with the Lakers in the mid to late 80s, deep in his 30s.
    7'2'' player that was really mobile and could jump, very coordinated
    He topped out at 7-1 and 7/8ths w/o shoes, so the way they list players today who knows they might even list him 7-3 or 7-4 unless he protested it. He was taller than Hibbert (about 7-1) who is listed 7-2 today and Thabeet (7-1 and 1/4) who is listed 7-3 today.

shhhhhhh

[I]By Greg Johnson
    The NCAA News

John Wooden was attending a game in Pauley Pavilion a few years ago when a UCLA player stole the ball and went in for an acrobatic behind-the-head dunk.

The crowd roared and stomped in approval. Someone sitting behind Wooden asked the legendary UCLA coach what he thought of the play.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    The dunk was never banned

yall posting in a troll threaad

We all know that the dunk was never banned in the 60's. Why? Because there was no reason to ban it. None of the players of that era could dunk. Most couldn't touch the rim.

:P

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

He was athletic but geez, look how much bigger he is than everybody else. It's like if I played with 8th graders right now I'd average 45/30 easily.

Pause video at 1:37 and you'll see why you can't take his stats for those seasons seriously at all. He is holding the ball in the air with his hand and nobody can reach it. I did that shit to my little brother.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfkalgtZraE
    Last edited by It's A VC3!!!; 01-04-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    He was athletic but geez, look how much bigger he is than everybody else. It's like if I played with 8th graders right now I'd average 45/30 easily.

Pause video at 1:37 and you'll see why you can't take his stats for those seasons seriously at all. He is holding the ball in the air with his hand and nobody can reach it. I did that shit to my little brother.
    Yeah his puny competition all looks about this height:

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Yeah his puny competition all looks about this height:

Watch the video and stop at 1:37. That's all you need to know about that season and the few after that. I mean come on, that shit would never happen in today's league. Where you can just hold the ball head high above every defender and keep it out of their reach.

Watch the video and stop at 1:37. That's all you need to know about that season and the few after that. I mean come on, that shit would never happen in today's league. Where you can just hold the ball head high above every defender and keep it out of their reach.
    Do you not understand what you're looking at? Why are you comparing high school footage and regular season NCAA clips to the NBA? Jabbar faced the likes of Willis Reed and Wilt Chamberlain in the NBA - stop comparing shit you don't understand

shhhhhhh

oh boy...

Yep, we all saw what happened to Kareem once he joined the pros...and against players like Walton, Wilt, Thurmond, Moses, Lanier, Gilmore, Parish, Sampson, and Hakeem.

No wonder his NBA career was so unproductive and short-lived.

Banned

He was surprisingly athletic. Like very agile and smooth with his movements.