Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Discussing the Bulls chances of beating the Heat in a 7 game series

Step out your crib and put an ear to the street.

Heat haven't won't a chamionship with Rose healthy.

The proof is in the puddin'.

The Bulls don't have the talent to beat Miami currently, when both teams are healthy.
    They especially won't have the talent when they trade Deng soon for a SG and get 75c to the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9

The Heat haven't been healthy in the playoffs either.
    Still holding two trophies aloft.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    What?
    New trend, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Not that they are anywhere near each other in terms of level of play, but I agree with this. We really couldn't stop him.
    What ? Game's 2, 3, and especially 4 would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9

2011 has nothing to do with Rose.

Dude got backdoor swept and made to look silly by Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    New trend, I guess.

Meh, he had one really bad game IMO. The others he was still breaking down the defense and making plays.

Meh, he had one really bad game IMO. The others he was still breaking down the defense and making plays.
    True, but I do think he's still containable and the Heat do a great job on their perimeter defense.

Rose wouldn't have made much of impact either but that has more do with him sitting out a large portion of time and he can't just return to his MVP form if he was inserted in the lineup.

Either way, if the Heat and Bulls do matchup in the playoffs again, we'll see what type of player Rose is going forward. I think he can still blow by at will, but has he added more of a post game and a mid-range/3 point jump shot to keep great perimeter defenses more honest ? If so, then he definitely makes much of difference, although I still see Miami winning this hypothetical match up.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    The Bulls don't have the talent to beat Miami currently, when both teams are healthy.
    They especially won't have the talent when they trade Deng soon for a SG and get 75c to the dollar.
    You can never predict what will happen in the future man. Bulls are good enough to beat the Heat if they get things right and play with more energy.

Miami going into their 4th consecutive playoff run, may lack the energy needed to overcome the Bulls. It might come down to one or two games where Bulls just want it that little bit more, and the Heat start to feel the strain of a long finals campaign.

I'm not going to say we will beat the Heat, but I think this year is our best chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    New trend, I guess.

The overrating of Nate in that series is quite funny

He was good for one or two games in that series and the rest he was making little to no impact...

It's also funny that Heat fans still bring up last year's matchup like it was a fair contest

No Rose, Deng and Hinrich = no chance and not worth talking about.
    Last edited by poido123; 10-11-2013 at 10:00 AM.

2011 has nothing to do with Rose.

Dude got backdoor swept and made to look silly by Lebron.

It surprises me that you hold this opinion and you're one of the better more knowledgeable posters among Heat fans...

Like I said in the other thread, excellent team and weakside help defense stopped Rose, not Lebron's man defense.

You mean the Bull's team defense don't you?
    Now if you want a good example of elite man defense, just watch my man Butler..

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Now if you want a good example of elite man defense, just watch my man Butler..
    He literally did the exact same thing Lebron did to Rose. Instead of having no elite defensive bigs, Butler does have some to funnel Lebron into.

Dunking on everybody in the park

LOL this moron already doing damage control in case lebron lose. This guy only can win in this situation:

-Lebron lose in the playoffs: "Oh shit, he didn

He literally did the exact same thing Lebron did to Rose. Instead of having no elite defensive bigs, Butler does have some to funnel Lebron into.
    If you have some tape, go back and watch the 2012 Bulls v Heat matchup and tell me how much help defense Butler needed when defending Lebron and how many times Lebron passed the ball off because of his defensive pressure.

Then go have a look at the 2011 matchup and tell me that Lebron defended Rose near as good or defended his man in the same manner. Tell me if you notice any differences in defensive style and intensity.

The big difference is Lebron used funneling tactics to trap and cutoff driving lanes with the help of his teammates. Butler had the ability to stay in front of Lebron most of the time and force him to pass the ball off. In fact, Lebron looked so rattled out there, he was very quiet for much of that series.

I think the Bulls need a bonfide 2nd scorer to beat the Heat.

I'd be really curious to see If they could Lamarcus Aldridge on that Team without giving up too much.