Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Most 2009 NBA draft prospects are scrubs...

I actually think there are 20+ real nba players in this draft- not a lot of superstar potential, but a lot of players- pg alone there there are rubio and jennings + holiday, teague and curry all as players you should want on your team- plus there are flynn and lawson who somebody else's team should want- pg and sf each have more than 5 players who will have very good nba careers- pf and c is weak but still a solid draft

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Derozan could play in the DLeague, or he could play in the rooke game. He seemed very, very raw and scared in the first half of the season at USC, but he really came on strong in the tournaments. I'd guess that his rookie season will be kind of similar, with him playing ten to fifteen minutes per game for the first few months and looking like an enormous bust while he gets a feel for the pro game and learns to use his physical tools, but that he'll wind up playing 30 minutes a game for the last month or two of the season while putting up something like 13 and 5. Also, even though he's known solely as a physical player without a very good finesse game, he actually does have a decent jumper, and he should actually become a reasonable three point shooter in a few years. I actually could see him putting up Caron Butler or Igoudala-type numbers within four years, albeit with fewer assists.

Jennings seems nice. He's raw as hell, and he could easily be the next Telfair, but I think that Europe has helped him mature, which should make him more receptive to coaching and advice once he hits the league.

The Rubio hate on here seems kind of excessive. Has anyone seen many Spanish League games? Not a rhetorical question, too; I've looked all over the internet for game footage of Rubio and there doesn't seem to be much.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

If we draft Curry i will crucify Walsh. I can already picture him pulling the "Reggie" card like he did last year with Danilo. He already passed up on Lopez, Gordon and DJ for a role player.

Curry is a volume shooter and won't get to put up 20 shots like he did in college. Will never be Mo because he's built like a little girl and doesn't have the quickness to get to the rim and finish.
    I'd much rather have Flynn, Clark or Henderson. And i wouldn't get mad if we went with Derozan

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito

The Rubio hate on here seems kind of excessive. Has anyone seen many Spanish League games? Not a rhetorical question, too; I've looked all over the internet for game footage of Rubio and there doesn't seem to be much.

Check out www.acb.com

Rubio actually got injured today. Hurt his right hip flexor. It looked pretty bad. I wonder what it will do to his draft status.

here is a vid of the game before

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/1810

and today's injury

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/1832

who the **** said rubio is the next nash. rubio is the solar opposite of nash.

nash- GREAT shooter, play no defense, cant steal

rubio- so-so shooter, DPOY , steal leader.

Quote Originally Posted by big baller
    And who are you again? Shut the hell up you douche, you know nothing of Hasheem Thabeet...Tyson Chandler his ceiling, Taloca!
    STFU and play your position...

He got absolutely BULLIED by DeJuan Blair... someone with an NBA like build: solid-burly build with a low center of gravity. When he gets to the NBA and sees more players built like that, you'll see his real worth. He's nothing but a Chandler type... slim athletic block & rebound machine. But unless he gets on the Dwight Howard regimen when he gets to the NBA and puts on a good 40 lbs. he will never be better than Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    who the **** said rubio is the next nash. rubio is the solar opposite of nash.

nash- GREAT shooter, play no defense, cant steal

rubio- so-so shooter, DPOY , steal leader.
    He's slated as a Nash type because of his playmaking ability & court vision, while being a suplimentary scorer. Nobody is scouting this guy as a dominant scorer like CP3 or Deron.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    If we draft Curry i will crucify Walsh. I can already picture him pulling the "Reggie" card like he did last year with Danilo. He already passed up on Lopez, Gordon and DJ for a role player.

Curry is a volume shooter and won't get to put up 20 shots like he did in college. Will never be Mo because he's built like a little girl and doesn't have the quickness to get to the rim and finish.
    I'd much rather have Flynn, Clark or Henderson. And i wouldn't get mad if we went with Derozan
    Mo's strength was never driving to the basket. He's best as a shooter off the dribble or spot up... and that's what Curry does best. His defense will need work just like most rooks.

The Knicks have no real isolation scorers... he'd be a good fit there. The only guys on the Knicks that can create their own shot are Harrington & Robinson... both of which may not be there in 2010. I don't think Curry will ever be a go-to first option like AI was, but he will make a good second option on a team with a superstar like LeBron. And with LeBron being a fan of Curry's game... as a Knick fan, you should be hoping they draft him.

I am Chris Wilcox

Earl Clark not considered top 10? ESPN sucks.

Clark will go up the board once the workouts start.

BRINKER
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    He's slated as a Nash type because of his [COLOR="Red"]being white[/COLOR]

corrections in red.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    9. Brandon Jennings - Suprised he struggled so badly overseas and gets projected top 10.
    It's not that he struggled, it's more that he played within a system. In international ball personal glory comes second to team glory. He would've been taught that his stats don't mean ****, winning does. That is the problem with American sports.

Quote Originally Posted by BRINKER
    corrections in red.

It's amazing to see even proffesional writers can't compare a white player to a black one.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000

It's amazing to see even proffesional writers can't compare a white player to a black one.

So true.

The only real comparison between nash and Rubio is theie passing ability, flair and clutchness.

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

I like Curry, and going to a smaller school has allowed him to stand out a bit more, but am I the only one having flashbacks to Trajan Langdon??? Perhaps a bit more athletic, but that's who Curry reminds me of.

Thabeet the next Tyson Chandler??? If Thabeet can be the player that Chandler is, at 7'3 and 30 pounds heavier than Chandler, then I would definetley want him on my team!!!

I've been reading about Rubio for years, but I simply haven't seen enough of him on the court.

I agree with GiveItToBurrito that Jennings' year in Italy has probably helped him mature - probably even more so than a freshman year of college where he would've been the BMOC would have been. The next Telfair??? OUCH!!!

Banned

Curry is a bust imo.

He is an undersized volume shooter.

Just look at how that is treating JJ Reddick.